Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
YunaMS Reboot [Positive Intention] | YunaMS Forum

YunaMS Reboot [Positive Intention]

Do you think a server reboot/wipe will help gain new players/bring back old ones?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bufftits

Feb 23, 2023
Hey guys, I've been a YMSer for about a month now and come from various servers in the past. I've jumped from server to server and see that Yuna is truly a caring administrator, and it compels me to want to help. Usually admins are snarky and use favoritism to an advantage to a certain group of players, but from what I see, this is not the case, so I want to help.

Have to first say I have only good intentions. This server DESERVES more players and support. I see that the player base was closer to 150+ players back when it launched. This is huge, it means that people saw there was potential. But now obviously that's not the case, likely because of new servers launching.

I'm curious what everyone thinks about wiping the server and starting fresh. This would have to be something we do ONCE, CORRECTLY. This is very important. We cannot go back once we do it, and we cannot redo it later on. That means, we need to iron out what is absolutely NECCESSARY before a wipe, and how players will be compensated.

I personally believe that the server is in great shape - minimal bugs (if any), suggestions are constantly implemented, and its very stable (I've once been on for 130 hours without issue!! NEVER HAD THAT BEFORE.).

Anyway, here's the conditions before we even decide on moving forward
- A proper compensation plan for people who have been playing (items/NX/MP/etc)
- A proper incentive for new players (how to entice people to come, or existing players to continue playing)
- Any QoL changes that are a MUST before reboot (maybe post in this thread what is a MUST - not just something you want, but something that benefits everyone)
- We definitely should have 1-2 more GMs; I can only imagine what goes through Yuna's day to day lol

Hope to hear from you guys!! :) Thanks @yuna as always for everything and all your hard work!!!

Jeemie

Staff Member
Dec 19, 2022
I don't think there is a need for a reset as there is nothing that requires a reset (exploits/bugs destroying the server). Any change that can be made can be enjoyed by new players as well as older players.

I truly think the wipe will push away players who care about the server more than attract people who want to play a "new" server who then dip when the next one is announced.

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
My personal opinion, no. I don't see what formatting all user data would accomplish that cannot be accomplished currently, without destroying the progress of the current player base, as little as it may be.

If yuna wipes / relaunches, im out.

Reactions: Dame

bufftits

Feb 23, 2023
Main reason is that people will see that we're starting fresh, so everyone is back to the same level. Any issues or exploits or people that abused stuff would be wiped so now people would think "ok so now everyone is on a level playing field"

Reactions: kiasukiasi

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
I don't love the framing of the poll question here. Undoubtedly a wipe would bring back old players / bring in new ones. That's what wipes do. This boost, though, is temporary. Wipe hype (or launch hype) will always have a higher player count as the progression cycle is reset. When people start achieving 200s and clearing end game boss content for firsts, many of the hardcore grinders become satisfied with that accomplishment and quit.

I don't think all Maplers are the same. Some people want this constant cycle of wipe hype -> race for firsts -> do it all over again. Others want a more permanent home. Some players want to grind for hours on end to feel more accomplished. Others are more casual and want advancement to be simple and fast.

I don't fall into the wipe hype playerbase, so I'm against wiping. It isn't fun for me. I find it frustrating because it often happens a few months into every server, about when I finally feel established with my character and gear and can casually join in boss runs sometimes.

As OP mentioned, I think Yuna has run this server well. What would a wipe accomplish, then? If the playerbase drops to ~50 online like now a few months after, would you wipe again or accept it for what it is?

I would rather have new events try to lure in players and have some catchup mechanics in there (similar to the burning love event, which I thought was great!) so newbies can have a chance at joining established player groups.

No wipe for me. Wipe = I'm out.

kiasukiasi

Dec 27, 2022
Yuna need to reconsider on all the changes on current server, the main damages to the server is the changes that recommended by player which is not benefit to the new player but only themselves. I highly recommend to close down and relook into the whole system and to reboot with new things to attract players.

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
Yuna need to reconsider on all the changes on current server, the main damages to the server is the changes that recommended by player which is not benefit to the new player but only themselves. I highly recommend to close down and relook into the whole system and to reboot with new things to attract players.
Are you referring to the SP change recommended by 4th, shortly before he quit? I also agree that change was a mistake. The big boss trains were a key mechanism to enabling us to invite all low levels into bosses and, as it turns out, the duration of 12 man raids and 24 man raids was nearly identical. We went from connecting and bonding with EVERYONE to organizing exclusive small group boss runs, and eventually we started saying screw the SP lets just include everyone because we care about this small community and want to include everyone.

Not to derail this topic.

Jeemie

Staff Member
Dec 19, 2022
Can you explain what you mean by this?

We do also give suggestions on how to improve the experience for new players such as asking to buff quest lines and/or different ways to level other than PQ spam. Most QoL will apply to all players not just a select few.

Why do we need a wipe to add in new content and systems?

Reactions: Dame and pretty

Keyfob

Feb 7, 2023
After years of being up and pages upon pages of max level players, yes i could see starting to think about a wipe. But being such a new server, with a still somewhat fresh economy i dont think its the time for it. We barely have people at the stage of being able to kill empress so there's still lots to do. There has to be some other way to revive the game that dont include starting over, events, seasonal stuff, things like that

Reactions: Dame and Jeemie

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
I think keeping the server up right now is, in fact, more beneficial, since it gives the player-base an opportunity to continue exploring and offering feedback on the current features.

We can't contribute with feedback if the server is not up. and frankly, most changes to quests, etc. can be implemented in a live env. No need to destroy everyone's progress to introduce positive changes.

I also think this server has fantastic features and very good core source.

I request that those of you that are suggesting to take the server down and rework it, give more specifics on what you would like to see reworked. Yuna isn't a mind reader.

Ya'll are just saying "MAKE IT BETTER" o.o

Reactions: Dame and Jeemie

Shadys

Dec 15, 2022
Well at the moment I think wipe will really only hurt the loyal playerbase which is pretty great people at the moment and the kind of people you want spending time with. Wipe will not achieve much more then 1-2 weeks of new players coming in and leaving for the next server ,also progress reset every 2-3 months is probably not the best idea for now, some people such as myself are looking for stability and long-term casually playing.

Either way If this is really the direction, I think introducing new content that other servers isn't offering is a must, for example it could be new bosses, pq's or pq's rewards, new scrolls, new jobs, every job should feel like contribution to the party etc..
I mean I think it's gotta be something big for seriously considering a wipe. Starting with introducing big stuff in the near future so that yuna can get feedback from players on how to improve/ balance thing out and work it out.
I trust yuna to carefully examine every new aspect she puts in the game as the great developer she is, but if there's a wipe I'm out🤞

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thank you to everyone for their feedback so far. I appreciate the words of passion.

Although there appear to be reasons to go either direction, it looks like we're leaning towards keeping things as is. Personally, the only reason to wipe is to simply put out there to all that we're starting fresh, so you now have an opportunity to "be first", which will yield more players, then we can retain with new features. From my understanding, players left because of certain changes that didn't benefit them, or that a new server launched. The question is: is this logic enough to force a wipe? I'll keep this thread open to trigger more discussion. I personally am OK with either direction,

For additional information on my current stance on the player count, please see this post.

Please keep the feedback coming - any and all changes (if any) will be for you, the players.

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
I severely dislike that you would even suggest this!

Regarding lifespan:

We have plenty of content to do at this time, even at the highest levels in game. At no point have I wondered what I could be doing; it's always been, "what would I like to be doing the most?"

Host bosses, grind meso, go PQ with the babies, nab up some friends and just chat for hours, questing, area bosses, and I'm sure another 10+ things to do if I keep going.

As well, with the unreleased content within the database, I'm sure Yuna (no rush) has intentions of adding more to do as the server ages.

Regarding new player growth:

We've had frequent talks within Empire about how to handle this situation of a split between current generation players and the new influx coming in. With some key changes like removing the leech restriction over lv.120, we will be able to go back and support new growth with ease. Those of us nearing, or at, 250 are talking about making a second character to go back and enjoy the server's basic progression for a 2nd round.

The largest trouble we're seeing is inherent to the low population caused by school starting and shiny new servers catching a wave of players who frequently move anyway. We're already seeing many of them return!

The economy will recover with the population returning, bringing back the usefulness of PQs at all levels because of mass desire for their diligent ring crafting goodies.

TL;DR, cause I'm not in the mood to go full essay, we have one of the most friendly and inclusive communities I've ever seen, period. Scaring away the people who have stayed with this unecessary punishment is more likely to be a server death sentence.

The largest sized guild is not just welcoming to, but actively supportive of, new players joining in. I genuinely love these people. Those who stayed through the little population shift are overall viewing this as a chat & fun experience with a background game to start conversations.

Game is in a great state apart from being new. Not as if we have mass duped items or whatever. I legitimately cannot see a reason why this would be brought up outside of intentionally causing panic.

Last edited:

bufftits

Feb 23, 2023
Fair enough, honestly no ill intention just wanted to see what everyone thought. I love that people are chiming in like this makes me feel a sense of pride.

I just want more players haha

Reactions: Jeemie and pretty

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
OFC WE ARE CHIMING IN

DON'T DELETE OUR SHIT

slap-face.gif

Dhrak

Jan 7, 2023
I voted no. I personally don't see a reason to wipe everything out. There's no major breaks or exploits and whatnot as others have mentioned. That being said Yuna you are an awesome host/dev and have always listened to your players. There's definitely something great to be said about a server that doesn't wipe and stays connected with their player base! Unlike so many other servers that jump on and off constantly! Thank you:)

Calamity

Feb 1, 2023
Server wipe = good amount of remaining population quitting. Don't think people wanna restart for no good reason even with "compensation" in mind

Reactions: Dame

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Looks like we got the answer for this topic - we will NOT be wiping.

Instead, we will continue with business as usual: implement new features/ideas, improve on existing features, and most of all, STAY ONLINE.

Thank you again for everyone's feedback! Closing this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.