Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Buccaneer improvements | YunaMS Forum

Buccaneer improvements

Chuochi

Dec 7, 2022
As the Buccaneer community is still extremely small, I would like to continue to advocate for the very few who still would like to play this class.

I'd like to suggest again buffing Transformation and Super Transformation.

Suggested buff:

Transformation:
- Cool down reduced from 360 sec to 240 sec to allow perfect cd rotation with Super Transformation. (Now implemented, thank you!)
- Add Weapon attack effect +10 or +20 to make it liable to ensure you keep up perfect rotation with Super Transformation

Super Transformation:
- Added Weapon attack effect +20 or +30-40. and/or remove CD completely at max lvl (to allow animation cancellation combo) or change to 2min CD to reactivate at end.

Our barrage + demolition combo only gives a small amount of dmg increase around 7-8% (example: 13m dmg with barrage + dragon strike and 14-15m dmg barrage + demolition for 1min) when compared to barrage + dragon strike for 2mins. We then need to wait another 2 mins to activate again just to get an additional 7% or less overall dmg. This to me is a very small increase and really leaves buccaneer lagging behind in 1v1 where we are supposed to excel at compared to our TB counter parts as we attack at a slower rate (even with current cd buffs from vanilla)

Another possible improvement would be to match critical punch with TB's to give us the critical chance as well to improve the 1v1 capabilities of Buccaneers.

I believe adding one or all of these buffs would allow more people to try out the buccaneer class and not just think of it as a weaker version of Thunder Breakers (as its currently seen). I hope you have time to consider these changes so we can enjoy the Buccaneer class and have a community born out of it! Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Reactions: Porkie

Christofu

Dec 27, 2022
Some of my own thoughts as another buccy boy:

I agree the damage buff you get from ST+demo over barrage+dragon strike feels low. Rather than removing the CD for ST I would suggest perhaps raise the damage on demo? The bucc skills already feel really good thanks to increased animation speed and damage. I know that both barrage and demo were buffed in this way but the barrage buff feels more impactful. Possibly raising demo to 700% per strike or even 650% at max level could solve the issue of the transformed state not feeling as powerful as it should compared to untransformed. Obviously it's a balancing act so I don't expect Yuna to implement a bunch more buffs, but I think bucc could get the demo damage increase and still not feel overtuned. Just my opinion.

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
I haven't played Buccaneer here, but I will say I went on a 5-man Pink Bean run and the Buccaneer was the highest damage out of everyone, doing more than Night Lord or Aran (though a lot of PB is strong to ice, so Aran would likely do more than Bucc if it weren't). I'm not sure I agree that Buccs are weak. On most boss runs this particular Bucc is 1st or 2nd highest DPS on the run (yes they're higher level than most, but if a Bucc is constantly top or 2nd to top damage I think that says a lot).