Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Damage not showing up on total damage at end of bosses, keeping some people from getting Spirit Points | YunaMS Forum

Damage not showing up on total damage at end of bosses, keeping some people from getting Spirit Points

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
In-game Name: 4thJobSeries
Class: Aran
Level: 209
Game Resolution (800, 1200, 1600, 1900): 1200? Not sure, whatever default is
Map Name (if applicable):
Mob Name (if applicable):
Von Leon (or is it bosses in general?)

Description of Bug: The combined force of parties at the boss run did enough damage to kill Von Leon, but adding up the individual amounts of damage done on the chart at the end does not add up to VLs total HP. Some people didn't get Spirit Points & I believe their damage was not counted for whatever reason.
How to Replicate Bug: Fight Von Leon with a group of people
Additional Notes (optional):
IGN Olive on the first run did "22 damage" & on the 2nd run "13" damage. She is level 149, while the boss is level 170, & with 220 accuracy I assume she cannot hit the boss, however certain skills as far as I know are separate from accuracy. She used Heaven's Hammer 4 times which should result in a minimum of 2 million damage that is done, but is not shown on the chart. I assume 22 & 13 damage come from weapon cancel or Damage reflect, but I am not sure. Maybe even if you miss normally you just do "1" each attack regardless during those portions? I don't know skills of other players that didn't have some damage register, however Von Leon has 2,100,000,000 HP and adding up the damage dealt by all of us, only 2,068,96x,xxx damage was dealt. It's not a huge difference, but that's 31 million that just doesn't show up. Maybe they still wouldn't have got points, but the "13" damage by Olive implies that Heaven's Hammer & potentially other skills are doing damage, but it doesn't show up.

Now that I think about it, the way some skills work, they don't do "damage" per say, they're different... When I used to Tempest LHC when it 1-hit for example, I was high up level wise but very low on the damage dealt rankings in comparison because the mobs simply being "erased" did not count as damage done in those charts. Not sure if this is just on purpose so that people who can't hit a boss can't use Tempest/HH to get their spirit points before they're "ready" to deal real damage to the boss.

To add on, Olive also said with Power Guard on & toggling off other people's effects she could see Power guard was doing around 7K damage, which though small, it's far above 13 or 22 total damage dealt, so it seems reflected damage is actually doing the damage to the boss, but doesn't show up on the charts.

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thank you for the detailed report! I see that there are multiple damage handlers in the code and certain skills use specific handlers. In the case where damage is not appearing on the charts, only 2 of the handlers are being triggered by specific skills, as oppose to all of them firing at once. This is an easy fix on my end, so for the time being I've pushed a temp fix that will allow players to receive their rewards. Will push the permanent fix for next restart.

Olive has been comped. If there is another user, please let me know.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage