Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Inflate the Economy - Reduce Meso Sinks | YunaMS Forum

Inflate the Economy - Reduce Meso Sinks

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
Hiya

Everything in the market on this server is so weirdly priced. Between SP inflation and mesos deflation, we reach these weird equilibriums where a Rock of Time is now 10m in the market - cheaper than it is to craft one in Maker. Other than the rarest boss drops, prices tend to be decreasing.

This is further exacerbated by the fact most scrolls are minimally useful, and endgame you always want scrolls from SP anyways. A few 60s and 30s here and there are useful, but it feels like a waste of mesos to even purchase them when I need those mesos for crafting later.

On most MapleStory private servers, inflation is the norm from all the equip NPCing generating mesos in the economy faster than taxes take mesos out. I would like to posit that this is actually a good thing. I am not an economist, but basic macro econ indicates that minor inflation is good for an economy, because it encourages trade. When you deflate currency like happens here, you get the predicament I previously mentioned - even if I might want to buy some items in the market, I simply won't, because the future value of the currency I'm holding exceeds giving it up in the short term for a minor gain. We are closer to playing Ironman this way, but that's not the experience I enjoy in MapleStory.

I don't know the best way to fix this problem, and inevitably some people will feel screwed over, but the long term health of the economy > short term pain imo. Cut Maker costs in half across the board is my suggestion, as it's the largest meso sink on the server.

idk though I'm just a dog

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Adjustments to the meso/drops to address inflation/deflation with mesos will be pushed out for next upcoming patch, thank you for your patience