Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Optimal Item Crafting with Maker | YunaMS Forum

Optimal Item Crafting with Maker

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
I noticed there seems to be some questions about how Maker works, so I thought I'd share what I know. I can't speak to any customizations Yuna has, but generally Maker works like this:

Items roll up to +/- 10% of the default stats, capping at 5. Default stats are what the Maker window shows you. It's the same roll for drops too.

Stimulators make it so it can only roll non-negative (+0 ~ +5 or +10%), so you get better craft results.

The common gems are:
* Diamond, +1,2,3 to Attack
* Sapphire, +1,2,3 to Magic Attack
* Black Crystal, +/-1,2,3 to Magic and Physical Attack (maybe some other stats, not sure which ones)
* Power/DEX/Wisdom/LUK, +2,3,5 to the corresponding base stats
* Dark Crystal +/-2,3,5 to any base stats (maybe some other stats, not sure which ones)

This means for most weapons, your max attack/magic attack is +11 because: +5 (max random stat roll) +3 (diamond) +3 (max black crystal roll) for a total of +11 over the default attack value. Same for magic attack.

For gear, you need to remember the 10% value for stat rolls. For example the Sweetwater Hat's max roll is +39 because the default stat is +35 -> 10% = +3.5 -> rounds up to +4 -> 35+4 = 39

With gems, you can max at +5 (Advanced stat gem) +5 (max roll of Advanced Dark Crystal) for an additional +10 base stats. If you used them both with a Sweetwater Hat, it could at max be +49 on the base stat you gemmed for.

For the overall, it's base is +20, so the max roll is +22. With +10 from gems, the stat you gemmed for can be up to +32.

Since the discussion of TMA came up, if you Maker a mage weapon, it actually is advantageous to use Advanced Wisdom and Dark Crystal over Advanced Black Crystal. 1 INT and 1 Magic Attack both = 1 Magic (actually INT is very slightly better based on the formula for magic damage, but it's close to equal), so you can get potentially +5 TMA from the Dark Crystal, where you'd only get +3 TMA from the Black Crystal.

For example, on a Sweetwater Staff, it's default stats are +15 INT 202 Magic Attack. Max roll is +2 INT and +5 Magic Attack. +3 Magic Attack (Advanced Sapphire) +5 INT (Advanced Wisdom) +5 INT (Advanced Dark Crystal) adding up to +8 Magic Attack and +12 INT to the default stats, for a grand total of +27 INT 210 Magic Attack clean staff for the best possible craft.

If you used an Advanced Black Crystal (+3 Magic Attack) instead, the max total would be +22 INT +213 Magic Attack, which is 2 TMA lower, so it isn't quite as optimal.

If anything is unclear or anyone has questions please feel free to ask here or on discord and I'll do my best to answer!

• Love
Reactions: pretty and yuna