Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Seal's Guide to Witch Tower | YunaMS Forum

Seal's Guide to Witch Tower

seal

Dec 1, 2023
Hey everyone, all of us (except raaj and myself) have brought shame to the server by not being able to finish a jump quest from 2007, so here's a guide in hoping that more people will be able to finish that JQ! I honestly believe anyone who isn't suffering from Parkinson's can do it if you just believe in yourself and practice for a good few hours. This might be the hardest JQ in the game but our friendship grows stronger than any diabolical nexon developer!

Here's an example run:

Note: if you fall at the second stage, you get kicked out of the JQ. That's why I don't recommend going too ballsy in the second stage and opt for safer jumps than risky ones.

Important Mechanics
  • travelators - the travelators move in a certain direction. You can either walk in that direction to have extremely high speed, stay put and let it take you, or walk against it at a slow pace. Some travelators are faster than others so it's not always best to try to maximize on speed, and it's important to familiarize yourself with the different travelator speeds in the JQ.
  • Jumping Technique - if you hold down the arrow key when you jump on a travelator, your jump is going to be lousy, meaning you won't jump very far. Proper jumping technique on the travelators is important, and you should always let go of the arrow key before you jump. Remember the more momentum you have, the better your jump is going to be, so if you want to jump very far you're gonna have to walk in the direction of the travelator, let go of the arrow key and quickly jump. If you don't feel confident doing that - that's perfectly fine! Even if you're not moving, the travelators speed should be enough to allow a good enough jump to get you to the next platform.
  • Springs - the springs will make you jump in a certain direction. They vary greatly in the distance they're going to make you jump so you need to familiarize yourself with the different springs in the JQ, just like the travelators.
  • Holding a key in midair - holding on an arrow key while in midair actually does help you move in that direction. You can use that to make your jumps smaller in some cases, by holding on to the arrow key of the opposite direction.

Breaking down the challenges:
1701434826854.png
just hold right arrow key when you jump on them. Careful not to get hit by the throwing star at the second spring. When you walk in if you just go ahead, you wont get hit.
1701435325644.png
In the video, I'm holding the left arrow key when I'm on the travelator, and letting go a fraction of a second before jumping onto the blue rope. That's not mandatory, you can let the travelator take you and jump slightly later. Notice that when I get to the spring, I hold the right arrow key.
1701435595202.png
You can duck under the throwing star. Another technique is to walk into it, because it will knock you to the left. I'm holding the left arrow key when jumping on the spring but it's not mandatory. The way I'm handling the travelators at the top is a bit risky, and you don't have to do it the way I did. A safer way to do it is to hold the arrow key on the first travelator and NOT jump. This travelator is EXTERMELY fast- you'll land at the edge of the second travelator, and from there you just keep holding the left arrow key and walk against its direction. It's imperative you don't let go at all of the left arrow key the whole time. When jumping to the 3rd platform make sure you keep holding the left arrow key even when you jump!
1701435927421.png
You can't dodge the first 2 throwing stars, so you either have to come at the right timing to not get hit like I did, or you can walk into them. these shurikens knock you to the left so if you walk into them you'll only get knocked a little bit so just make sure you're not at the edge of the platform when you get hit. You can jump over the 3rd throwing star like I did in the video.
1701436312777.png
Trickiest part of the first stage so pay attention! These travelators are all EXTREMELY fast! Just let the first one take you, if you'll press the left arrow key you'll go flying. Same with the smaller ones- make sure you either walk in the opposite direction or jump faster than they can yeet you!
1701436566359.png
I like to hold the left arrow keys on the first 3 springs, and the right arrow key on the last 2 springs. It's not mandatory but it helps me land where I want. You see the travelator I land on? the left part of it is fake, meaning it wont make you move at all so I prefer to just land on the right part of that travelator to automatically start the next challenge.
1701436745289.png
As I said earlier, the left part of the first travelator is fake. The right part is actually pretty fast, so if you hold the right arrow key when you're on it you're gonna go flying. Just let it take you. If in the earlier stage you landed on the fake side of the travelator, it's important you don't simply walk into the right part but rather jump into it so when you land you're not holding any arrow key. The 3rd travelator is also fast so you need to let it take you. Don't hold the arrow key when you're on it. When you go on the spring, hold the left arrow key the whole time to land on the portal. The portal will automatically send you to the second stage so be mentally prepared!
1701437089653.png
I like to just wait out the throwing stars, I feel like that's the safest way. You can also use them as jump boosts to improve your time since they're going to send you to the right. Your window to jump on the second throwing star is a bit small so wait until it starts going up before you jump to get through it safely.
1701437312979.png
I like to just hold the right arrow key here, and walk on the second travelator until the very edge, and jump from the very edge. That's the safer way in my opinion but you can also yeet yourself from the edge of the first travelator straight into the spring. It's faster but more dangerous.
1701437536038.png
On the top left travelator, hold the right key, it's very fast so don't be afraid (as you can see I didn't jump I settled for its speed). The 3rd travelator is very fast so don't hold the arrow key, just let it take you. notice I'm holding the left arrow key on the last spring to land on the small platform.
1701437835804.png
The first spring is the same one from the last section but figured I'd include it here too. On the small jumps you have to hold the left arrow key. On the big jump you have to hold the right arrow key. The springs are different so you have to follow this rule. make sure you don't jump too early into the 3rd spring or you wont reach the last platform
1701438000047.png
Yet another tricky part. There's a small hole in the middle-right of the platforms. If you try to just walk accross the platform you'll fall. That's why you see me doing these little jumps. There's a similar platform (without a hole) in the beginning of the 1st stage on which you can practice these jumps on. Basically just jump right and hold the left arrow key while jumping.
1701438129686.png
You're pretty much done! These travlators are fake so you can just walk on them. Hold the right arrow key when jumping on the spring and you're done! Congrats :D

Good luck guys! If you make it make sure to subscribe, hit the like button and check out my patreon. I'm only able to keep this content coming thanks to your continuous love and support and I super appreciate it. Feel free to donate as much as you feel comfortable with <3 (accepting usd/ws/bitcoin)

Attachments

• 1701437812511.png
    1701437812511.png
    336.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: