Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Adjustments to monster book drop rates | YunaMS Forum

Adjustments to monster book drop rates

Chumlet

Reaction score
Can we increase the drop rate for the following groups. The current spawn rates/number are very low, it is currently very tedious to keep going back to check if mobs have spawned and if so the card may not drop

1. Map bosses (e.g. stumpy, mushmom)

2. Rare mobs, low spawn rate/numbers (e.g. jr boogeys, fairy, shade)

Can we also get alternative access for cards that we may have missed, such as golden/grey/white yeti bosses at mushking?

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
You can go back & keep trying for the Yeti's & the Mushking boss btw.

Chumlet

Reaction score
Oh thanks, didn't know that. will go back, but the first two i still feel needs to upped

Aralaya

Reaction score
i wanna agree with the area bosses but with the monster memories being account-wide i dont see it as an issue. now if we had to farm cards on each char, id probably insist on having higher drop rates.

Kitsune

Reaction score
An increase in spawn rates for area bosses would certainly be nice.
I fear for those, myself included, who need to farm Manon for cards -- when he spawns once every 3 hours AND is "required" for 4th job advancement as well.

Personally, as someone who feels almost mentally handicapped when it comes to PQs, I wish we could have a sort of "Boss Run" option to get cards for PQ bosses, or even adding cards to boss drops in Mu Lung Dojo -- but I recognize we'd never get something along those lines.

Reactions: Chumlet

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
An increase in spawn rates for area bosses would certainly be nice.
I fear for those, myself included, who need to farm Manon for cards -- when he spawns once every 3 hours AND is "required" for 4th job advancement as well.

Personally, as someone who feels almost mentally handicapped when it comes to PQs, I wish we could have a sort of "Boss Run" option to get cards for PQ bosses, or even adding cards to boss drops in Mu Lung Dojo -- but I recognize we'd never get something along those lines.

With how the monster book currently is there is no need to ever get Manon/Griffey cards though. The max stats is +100 all stat & that doesn't require anywhere near all the cards. I only have 3 completed boss sets & have +100 all stat so I just don't see it as an issue. If the new NX gain was more interesting instead of a CS item & was instead more monster cards I do agree that things would need to be tweaked, however the way it is now you can just skip any boss that's too difficult to get cards, & hit max stats/HP anyways.

Kitsune

Reaction score
That cap is partly why I feel like most of the book gets ignored; it feels as though people just hunt "as much as they need" and that's it.
Maybe I'm playing the wrong way, but I prefer to try to complete the book.

Oh well.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

Aralaya

Reaction score
That cap is partly why I feel like most of the book gets ignored; it feels as though people just hunt "as much as they need" and that's it.
Maybe I'm playing the wrong way, but I prefer to try to complete the book.

Oh well.

i plan on doing the same thing, completing the whole book. we just gotta grind a bit more. gives us more stuff to do in the coming months

Reactions: Kitsune

Chumlet

Reaction score
i wanna agree with the area bosses but with the monster memories being account-wide i dont see it as an issue. now if we had to farm cards on each char, id probably insist on having higher drop rates.
Yeah, i understand but unlike other servers which requires making other chars (linked stats), this server doesn't have that and I wasn't personally planning on making another char

Chumlet

Reaction score
i plan on doing the same thing, completing the whole book. we just gotta grind a bit more. gives us more stuff to do in the coming months
Another suggestion is to grant another reward for completing the whole tab, like +XX WA or MA for completing all of the bosses page. May be another way to incentivize or reward players who are dedicated to completing monster book

Chumlet

Reaction score
With how the monster book currently is there is no need to ever get Manon/Griffey cards though. The max stats is +100 all stat & that doesn't require anywhere near all the cards. I only have 3 completed boss sets & have +100 all stat so I just don't see it as an issue. If the new NX gain was more interesting instead of a CS item & was instead more monster cards I do agree that things would need to be tweaked, however the way it is now you can just skip any boss that's too difficult to get cards, & hit max stats/HP anyways.
Oh I'm quite new and haven't hit the cap yet, and not too sure how the cap works. Does that +100 include equips as well? If it does, then monster book is really quite redundant?

Aralaya

Reaction score
Oh I'm quite new and haven't hit the cap yet, and not too sure how the cap works. Does that +100 include equips as well? If it does, then monster book is really quite redundant?
no the max stats for just the monster memories is 100 to all stats and 1k hp/mp

Chumlet

Reaction score
no the max stats for just the monster memories is 100 to all stats and 1k hp/mp
Oh my, I thought you needed to completed monster book to get max stats. But in that case then monster book isn't that crucial?? So if rewards stay the same then it really is okay to just up the drop rates of cards?

If not then perhaps consider upping the reward to dedicated monster hunters? or perhaps non stats/damage related rewards?

(e.g. jarvis shop discount, +% drop/mesos rate etc.)

Thoughts everyone?

Aralaya

Reaction score
im not against getting something once the book is completed, no.

i dont know where to begin to think about a reward for that, but im not against it.

Kitsune

Reaction score
A medal would be nice, but that could easily be outweighed by better medals.

Any chance there's a flying book mount? Or a cool library chair? xP

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
A medal would be nice, but that could easily be outweighed by better medals.

Any chance there's a flying book mount? Or a cool library chair? xP
Fully completing the Monster book is WAY harder to get than any medal. I assume Pink Bean & Empress have cards? You'd likely have to be strong enough to do 4-man runs to increase chances of getting the card, & you'd need to do that multiple times. If someone completes their monster book including ALL bosses, I think they deserve a medal significantly better than any other medal.

I was more hoping the extra HP was done more interesting, instead of the 3K HP/3K MP from the Beast Slayer NX medal. If a fully completed monster tab was +400 HP/MP or something a player could work towards that instead of just voting for 4 days & then having an extra 3K HP/MP without much work.

Aralaya

Reaction score
i guess the beast slayer medal is alright, but tbh id rather wash than buy that medal every month.

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
i guess the beast slayer medal is alright, but tbh id rather wash than buy that medal every month.
I'd just use $3 USD to make it permanent personally. Though I understand some people don't want to spend any real life money.

Reactions: Aralaya

Kitsune

Reaction score
Well, since the last patch, you can no longer perm the Beast Slayer.
So if you did, it now has an expiration date again.

So yeah -- I lost $3. >>;

Reactions: Aralaya