Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Alternative to current "Gear Progression Update". | YunaMS Forum

Alternative to current "Gear Progression Update".

duke

Oct 18, 2022
Here's a suggestion to make use of the "Proof" from bosses.
Since CZAK CHT drops too many items on ground, its hard for the proof to be visible.
How about giving everyone proof in inventory after the expedition is complete.
Also, make proof untradeable.

This suggestion is based off the game before the “Gear Progression Update”.

Bosses that give proof can be:
  • Chaos Papulatus: 1 proof
  • Chaos Scarga: 2 proof
  • Von Leon: 3 proof
  • Chaos Zakum: 3 proof
  • Chaos Horntail: 3 proof
  • Pink Bean: 10 proof
  • Empress Cygnus: 20 proof
To prevent smugglers from abusing proof farming(running 18man CZAK), max players join expedition: 6. except Empress Cygnus.
This will be like a damage check, to ensure players aren't bringing mules, and progressing as intended.

Note: "proof" is not boss specific. These bosses are picked to give them more purpose(cpapu/cscar to be specific). The other bosses won't give "proof", but they will still be relevant for spirit points and exp(krex/zak/wulin etc.).

Instead of SW being crafted in maker. Have an NPC to allow players to purchase SW equips with proof(s).
Maker cost for SW gear.
  1. SW hat: 100 proof + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC.
  2. SW overall: 120 proof + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC.
  3. SW glove: 100 proof + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC.
  4. SW cape: 240 proof + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC.
  5. SW shoe: 240 proof + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC.
Note: you can add Advanced Crystals + Stim. to increase the stats, but not ATT. The cost to craft is just my suggestion judging from the beta, but can be increased as server population increases to balance progression speed.

As for the other SW,
  • SW Earring: Level 180 milestone & exchanged with 180 Supreme Monster Crystal + 1k PoT from Ahwatukee. Since you get earrings from level 100 milestone, only makes sense to get an upgrade. Similar to how SW Monocle was.
  • SW Monocle: Requires 3 Rock of Time + 1k PoT + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC in Maker. Keep Monocles end-game exclusive. It's not a huge upgrade for mid-game but a goal for end-game players to achieve. Maybe also makes Ludi PQ more relevant for broken glasses.
  • SW Tattoo: Requires 1 Empress' Diamond + 1k PoT + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC in Maker. Tattoo is underwhelming for an end-game item, buff it to 3-4 ATT at least, maybe more.
  • SW Belt: Requires 1 Empress' Diamond + 1k PoT + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC in Maker. I feel like dojo is dry content for end-game belt. Dojo will still be relevant for black belt, but for the over-achievers, I think it belongs with the other accessory.
  • SW Pendant: Require CHTP, MoN, and TL pendant + 60 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 ETC in Maker. Buff stats to 15 stats, 21 ATT. This gives it potential to be scrolled better than a finished 26 ATT CHTP but still makes CHTP relevant. Lower the slots for SW pendant to 3. Leave CHTP at 3 slots for CDS but remove hammer slots.
  • SW Weapon/Shield: Typically, you want to 15% scroll + white scroll your weapon. This process is the biggest upgrade from mid to late game and it is also a long and gruesome process. This should be the first SW item you get as you transition into late game. Require 120 Supreme Monster Crystal + 500 Spirit Coin + 1k ETC. This should allow players enough time to experience bossing in Timeless weapon until they can save up enough SMC+SP to upgrade to SW without having to 15%+ws their timeless weapon because no one wants to do that... save your white scrolls to perfect a BiS SW weapon.
  • SW gloves: Timeless is superior, so make it require 3 Rock of Time + 1k PoT to craft Timeless gloves. You will need to craft a couple before rolling decent stats.
Note: I recommended PoT because it is plentiful in higher-level training but doesn't bare a significant role in crafting anything besides reverse/timeless.

Lastly, the reason progression was "too fast" for players is because they abused GPQ for White Scrolls, Chaos Scrolls, and CSS 20%.... to ensure progression integrity keep WS/CS/CSS strictly late game content.
  • Remove White scroll/Chaos scroll from CWKPQ.
  • White scrolls and Chaos scrolls mainly obtained using Spirit Points and gachapon.
  • VL, CZAK, CHT, PB, EMP drop 1-3 WS/CS. Max: 3 WS and 3 CS drop per run.
  • CWKPQ gives Naricain's Demon Elixer, Swiss Cheese, Clean Slate 20%.
  • GPQ gives Gelt Chocolate, Swiss Cheese, Clean Slate 20%. Minimum of 4 players to enter. 4 is perfect for everyone to have a role, 4 jq rooms.
  • Also, please give Nari/Gelt/Cheese/CSS a drop indicator like WS/CS for visibility.
How does this help?
No more 6 people rolling for 1 piece of SW. It's not fair for 1 person to progress after everyone put in the same effort to kill a boss. Everyone progresses toward late game gear which encourages working together building connections and a stronger community. This solves the issue of mages and new players being excluded from bossing. A more friendly bossing community will create longevity.

Won't it be too easy to get SW?
Not necessarily, proofs will give access to hat, overall, shoe, cape, and glove.
  • hat isn't a big jump from CZAK/SCARGA helm. Also there are only dex/int scrolls for helm.
  • overall isn't a significant upgrade from Timeless with decent Advanced Crystal/stim rolls.
  • shoe will require a few attempts to chaos scroll a decent one from facestompers.
  • cape will take a couple tries to upgrade from Blackfist Cloak/Pink Adventurer/Pink Gaia.
  • glove is not as good as Timeless gloves, but you will still need decent gloves to transition to late game.
As you are bossing daily to obtain these, you will be simultaneously stacking Spirit Points for your SW weapon and scrolls.
Even after obtaining these you will not be not be considered end game until you at least fully finish your SW weapon with 15% scrolls. These SW will help you transition into late game. Not everyone will be able to achieve end game, only the hardcore will be able to conquer Empress Cygnus for end game accessories.

SW is too expensive...
The goal is to make SW challenging because it is the end-game gear.

SW is too cheap...
You are going to Chaos Scroll your SW gear, so be prepared to remake your SW gear several times.

Level?
Level 180 for SW gear. Level 200 for SW accessory(eye/face/belt/pend).

Disassemble?
I suggest disassembling SW equips refund 20% of the proofs. SW accessory refund the Empress' Diamond. refund 1 RoT for monocle/TL glove. 20% Spirit Point refund for SW weap/shields. No refund for SW pendant and earrings.

Reverse/Timeless?
As you noticed, not all bosses will give proofs, the reason being as a new player you shouldn't have easy access to SW, the model for progression is Reverse > Timeless > Sweetwater. You are expected to go through these progression phases in order to reach SW. I understand Chaos papulatus is not a mid-game boss and solo-able by most players, but I think 1 proof gives a little more purpose to the otherwise dead content. If CPAP causes an issue with SW progression, for example too easy to obtain SW and flooding market, it can be removed to balance later.

What about the non-bossers?
As the server progresses, SW gear will be accessible to everyone for purchase in fm because players will have extra proofs to craft gear and sell. Crafting SW will require SMC and ETC, which can be farmed from mid to late game mobs. This will create a healthy market between farmers and bossers.

THIS SUGGESTION IS UP FOR DISCUSSION. FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED.

Last edited:

epanoui

Oct 31, 2022
I agree, doing a boss for ~1, sometimes ~2 hours and walking away with nothing because you got unlucky on the roll feels terrible.

Reactions: duke

DEVOT1ON

Sep 24, 2022
how is bossing unrewarding? we got spirit points, bonus expedition exp, and chance to gain drops, which can now be disassembled. not sure i agree with this , think current new system works. maybe just buff sw gear slightly but otherwise it shouldn't be easily attainable as end game gear

duke

Oct 18, 2022
how is bossing unrewarding? we got spirit points, bonus expedition exp, and chance to gain drops, which can now be disassembled. not sure i agree with this , think current new system works. maybe just buff sw gear slightly but otherwise it shouldn't be easily attainable as end game gear
current system, 1 person gets a “proof” per run.

On the other hand, this suggestion rewards everyone “proof”. Now a party of 6 can enjoy bossing together because everyone is progressing towards SW gear. Does this make SW easily attainable? No. “proofs” only give access to SW HAT, SW OVERALL, SW SHOE, SW CAPE. These aren’t huge upgrades. SW HAT/OVERALL has no ATT/MATT. You can make a PAC/FS better than SW SHOE/CAPE. SW will still be exclusive to PB/EMP which is end game content.

The current systrm discourages bringing more people because only 1 “proof” is dropped per run and the SW is limited to that boss. If you finish your gear it’s less rewarding since you’re bossing for SP only. Also, newer players are left out and can’t progress because if you can kill a boss with 3 players, why bring an extra player to split that 1 “proof” with.

duke

Oct 18, 2022
Do you want to spend 1 hour killing CHT with a party of 6 only to have someone else take that 1 “proof” that drops. Don’t forget Chaos scrolls can -5 ATT. You will be blowing up a few SW to scroll a decent one. If thats not already discouraging enough, why make SW more time consuming to craft? Instead, make CS harder to get, only from spirit point shop and gachapon and end game bosses. You mentioned disassemble, leave that in, let SW disassemble into spirit coins, you convert coins to points and you can spend on more Chaos Scrolls.

Last edited:

epanoui

Oct 31, 2022
Do you want to spend 1 hour killing CHT with a party of 6 only to have someone else take that 1 “proof” that drops. Don’t forget Chaos scrolls can -5 ATT. You will be blowing up a few SW to scroll a decent one. If thats not already discouraging enough, why make SW more time consuming to craft? Instead, make CS harder to get, only from spirit point shop and gachapon and end game bosses. You mentioned disassemble, leave that in, let SW disassemble into spirit coins, you convert coins to points and you can spend on more Chaos Scrolls.
Also a big part of the reason why nobody wants to party with people outside their group, at least when you party with people in your group they'll eventually finish their item and you'll be able to fucking finally loot. If you introduce new people you add more of a chance to time gate yourself.

Reactions: duke

duke

Oct 18, 2022
Also a big part of the reason why nobody wants to party with people outside their group, at least when you party with people in your group they'll eventually finish their item and you'll be able to fucking finally loot. If you introduce new people you add more of a chance to time gate yourself.
so true, this creates cliques and divides the community. how badass would it be to pummel a boss with a gang of 50 players, sounds like a good time to me

DEVOT1ON

Sep 24, 2022

thats true, thanks for explaininng. was just saying tho that bosses are def rewarding but this change seems like it could be a good idea for real.

my personal opinion is that, these changes are good, but may be a bit too strong. so maybe instead of proof, we should remove this requirement and increase # of spirit coins needed. that way, every player will always gain something towards their end game equipment, since all players get spirit points after defeating boss. no more rolling to see who loots proof

and maybe reduce ETC idk bout this one

duke

Oct 18, 2022
thats true, thanks for explaininng. was just saying tho that bosses are def rewarding but this change seems like it could be a good idea for real.

my personal opinion is that, these changes are good, but may be a bit too strong. so maybe instead of proof, we should remove this requirement and increase # of spirit coins needed. that way, every player will always gain something towards their end game equipment, since all players get spirit points after defeating boss. no more rolling to see who loots proof

and maybe reduce ETC idk bout this one
I also thought about using spirit coins for SW gear, but I realized white scrolls, chaos, 15% are already kinda expensive. it takes around 60 WS to perfect a weapon. it costs 60 spirit coins for 1 WS, bosses dont give that much spirit points. I think a seperate currency to acquire SW would be easier and faster to implement. Save Spirit points for scrolls.

Reactions: Emma

Emma

Oct 22, 2022
I also thought about using spirit coins for SW gear, but I realized white scrolls, chaos, 15% are already kinda expensive. it takes around 60 WS to perfect a weapon. it costs 60 spirit coins for 1 WS, bosses dont give that much spirit points. I think a seperate currency to acquire SW would be easier and faster to implement. Save Spirit points for scrolls.
Im with you.
The ws/cs price too high.
Should be a 30 spirit coins max or just more coins from bosses.

duke

Oct 18, 2022
Im with you.
The ws/cs price too high.
Should be a 30 spirit coins max or just more coins from bosses.
Yeah, the current 60 SP for WS, 50 SP for CS is built for a higher pop. server of bossers. and you're expected to run every boss to afford it. Hopefully release brings enough people that it works out.

Reactions: Emma