Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Aran Re-work | YunaMS Forum

Aran Re-work

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
I'm not sure how realistic all of these changes are (I don't know stuff about programming), however this is how I would personally try to address Arans Combo Ability/Combo Critical being bugged, & Tempest either being too overpowered or too weak, while keeping Arans balanced.

Snow Charge damage changed from 150% to 130% (Originally Snow Charge was 110%). This is to counteract Arans getting stronger with Combo Ability/Combo Critical fixed.

Combo duration decreased from 10 seconds to 7 seconds (Originally was 3 seconds). Arans were generally designed to be the strongest Cleaving Warrior if over 100 combo & if they had Sharp Eyes. The Caveat was that you could lose combo & during the time you're gaining combo back you are weaker than the other Warriors both in Cleave & vs single target. 10 seconds also let me use Tempest at LHC very easily back when it 1-hit the map, once or twice I lost a combo counter over 10,000, but more often than not I could kill the whole map & when everything re-appeared I could hit them again to continue my combo. Also at bosses like HT/CHT I believe it should require skill to keep combo up, for example if Freeze Standing is dispelled you shouldn't be able to climb all the way back to head & still have combo, you should have to jump up from the ground to hit arm, then climb rope to continue combo. It will suck when CHT/VL/whichover boss just straight up stuns everyone/everyone nearby, but I don't think Arans were intended to always have combo.

Fix Combo Ability/Combo Critical so that after using up combo the skills are still in effect.

Combo Tempest changed to Freezing mobs (frozen mobs can get 1-hit by a skill), opposed to doing damage or 1-hitting them outright. When monsters can get 1-hit Tempested it makes Tempest VERY strong, especially combined with 10 second combo duration & Combo Ability/Combo Critical not working (easier to get a huge combo if purposefully doing less damage due to Combo Ability/Combo Critical bug). Tempest should still use up all combo. Stronghold mobs to count as "boss" monsters so Tempest instead does it's %damage, not it's freezing ability. I would change the duration the mobs are frozen for though, as 10 seconds at just level 1 Tempest is generally enough for a group to go around & 1-hit the monsters while they're in their frozen state. I would say have Tempest level from 5 seconds of freeze gradually up to 20 seconds of freeze at Level 30 Tempest instead of from 10 seconds to 40 seconds as the skill description currently says. Tempest %boss damage increased. Even with level 30 Tempest it's generally never beneficial to use Tempest > Fenrir because it uses up all combos & even at the minimum combo it can be used (200) it is just more damage & faster to use Fenrir 2 times.

Make Combo Tempest & Combo Barrier a different button set-up (or hotkeyable) than Combo Fenrir & Combo Drain so that pressing the same combination of buttons doesn't do 2 separate things. Even with a Tempest that is useful (but not overpowered) vs mobs, I personally wouldn't have a single point in Tempest because it just reduces my DPS at bosses as I want to use Fenrir, but above 200 combo I can't (& if I use Fenrir below 200 combo I don't get back to Combo Ability/Combo Critical maxed as quickly & there is a phase where I'm weaker because I'm dodging my combo's getting too high).

Reactions: Slowbro

Slowbro

Dec 21, 2022
Yeah I agree with 4th about the majority of the post . Tempest seems to be unusable at its current state . If it is possible to change tempest that It would be great. If not , increasing the damage of tempest significantly more and making it not lose combo could make it viable again. At this current stage using a third job skill is better than a fourth. Once hitting the 160 level requirement to tempest in LHC, you are hoping for an upgrade but at the end of the day you are let down

Reactions: 4thJobHokage