Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Change Empress Cygnus Expedition to Allow a Lower Number of Deaths | YunaMS Forum

Change Empress Cygnus Expedition to Allow a Lower Number of Deaths

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
Chaos Zakum & Chaos Horntail the expedition ends if there are 5 deaths, Von Leon the expedition ends if their are 10 deaths (I've never been in Pink Bean so I don't know the death count allowed there). Empress allows 30 deaths which seems too easy in my opinion. Personally I think a boss kill feels better if it rewards good strategy & teamwork where each player has to do the right thing in order to down the boss.

I'm a tad old school in my thinking, but I even think wheels are too good, in my opinion runs should require well practiced Bishops who have Res, Buccs who have Time Leap, etc, & if you die & cannot be Res'd you're done. Having wheels puts the game on easy mode, but at least at CZak/HT/VL if you mess up too much the whole run fails so it somewhat balances how good wheels are. With 30 deaths allowed it seems to me that strategy will be needed less in Empress & the run will be less interesting once enough people get to a high enough level. Everyone spamming attacks & if you die stay dead for like 5~6 minutes before wheeling & without knowing Damage Reflect animation or how the boss works I'm pretty sure the boss could be killed with near 0 strategy.

My suggestion is for Empress to be 10 deaths allowed just like Von Leon.

Reactions: yuna and Aralaya

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
thats the whole party dying 5 times. thats a lot of death.

im okay with 10-15. I dont think people should be dying 29 times in a boss and still making it out on top.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

Abuse

Nov 25, 2022
I don't know what empress is like on Yuna but if its coded properly and casts zombie, pig, pot lock and all the other bull shit not dieing can be tough. I could see 20 being fair