Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Character's Life after Lv250? | YunaMS Forum

Character's Life after Lv250?

Dilemma

Dec 12, 2022
Singapore
For those who have hit 250 / very near to 250, they have less incentives to play on their characters (even if they can actually help on boss fights to carry the runs). They either make a new character and restart the whole grind again or just... lost track of their prior goals of finishing certain equips. so why not incentivise them (but ofc not much to break the balance)?

Since the lv250s have no incentives for exp (for obvious reasons), the thing that will be a motivating factor will be
1. eqps upgrade / finishing
2. henehoe / fashionstory
so im suggesting that once a player hits lv250, he can still gain exp as per normal to 99.99%. once he reached the 100%, he is back down to lv250 0% (EXP needed is to be revised and ratio-ed upon).

But in exchange, he receives
1. 100 SP (a WS and abit more in value)
2. 10k NX (2/3 of daily voting)

Judging by the speed of levelling from 249 to 250, the numbers here should be rather... acceptable?
🤣
the values here can be discussed upon and shifted, but just putting this idea here to keep the lv250s interested and engaged, esp for ppl who would opt to stick to 1 char instead of remaking another one and would gain some benefits while carrying runs in the community when doing so.

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
Heyo! Coming in from us chatting about this on the Discord~

I love this idea!

I may reach lv250 this week, and this is something I've thought about as well. I love this concept, but I think the numbers used will have to be toned down for balance.

Based on the results we saw while getting Natalka to 250 as a duo, I suspect I'll be able to hold upwards of 1% / min. with relative ease.

I'm sure no one wants me farming 100 spirit points every hour and a half. For the sake of not establishing a core lv250 grind group pumping the market with 30 more white scrolls a day, I'd reckon that 20-30 spirit points /OR/ 2k NX might be a sweet spot.

Natalka

Jan 22, 2023
Haha, I do want to update that I definitely benefited heavily on that final push to 250 from most of the people I was partied with dealing double damage due to that bug of last patch, and because they were more than 20 levels below me, I just drank that EXP deep from upon them. I believe with Dame, Dilemma and a Sharp Eyes provider I was getting... if I remember correctly... 0.9% 91m/minute (fluctuating). Which is definitely insane, but not a sustainable number in other cases. From earlier party grinding I did in the 22x-early 23x range, the highest I ever achieved was like 60m, that being with an Ice/Lightning Archmage, Marksman and Bishop for all buffs and practically instant map clear. I did get quite a lot stronger since then, but with how force multipliers work at Stronghold, I would be shocked if I was now able to achieve 70m or above per minute.

While that grinding speed was not really representative of the actual difficulty of going 249-250 again, and Thunder Breaker is also a "top tier" First Drill Hall grinding class, admittedly the nature of the system itself could be a little unfair to Level 250s of classes that are relatively poor at grinding - basically getting punished on the way to 250 and punished (slightly) again after.

Originally I didn't think something like this should be a high or even mid priority change, but I really love Natalka and I especially love grinding on Natalka. Its hurt more than I thought it would that I currently can't effectively join Stronghold grinding parties even for no reward, because I usually just steal EXP from them to feed to the void. I do have a Level 16x Paladin now, but Thunder Breaker will always be the perfect class for me. Having something more of some kind to do with them would be wonderful.

It's still not as pressing as issues like the really bad state of progression in Level 140-185 which I think is making people not come back the most, but it's not as if throwing a bone for endgame means mid levels can't be fixed. Hopefully this kind of idea would be a fast implement, but I don't know that.

My thoughts on the rewards themselves:

100 SP is probably a little too high given that Spirit Point progression is noticeably "slower" now, and is mostly a huge problem for players who are like, Level 130-180. In my personal opinion I think Spirit Point gains have become too slow in general, particularly because the expedition size nerf still exists. Realistically getting a +1 on an endgame item is ~20+ hours on average of bossing and bossing organization at the moment, which to me is too much of a time expectation from people. With that being said, 20-30 SP is a bit too low, it's really not *that* easy. I think some level of advantage is okay considering it incentivizes people to continue leveling to 250 which, if not for Empress entry requirement, usually people don't care for. I think 60 or 70 should be appropriate. It's basically an extra White Scroll per every 2 days of all main bosses and CHT in lieu of getting levels from it.

NX can literally be whatever, to be honest. By Level 250 you should have most of what you need in that regard. I would pitch it at 15k minimum so people actually consider picking it sometimes.

Sorry for a long post lol.

Well since I have one of the Level 250 characters, I guess I'll weigh in. Personally I think our specific needs should be close to a bottom priority for Yuna, since at least for now it's a tiny percentage of players. With that being said, with 4/6 Level 250s not really playing the game much anymore, I can't really say "yeah and we all play the game too much anyways", even though it is relatively less important than low-mid level character quality of life. Honestly, since it's such a simple and versatile suggestion I think it's good. Personally I'm happy to make an alt, but at the same time I can already tell there's no class I'm going to like even close to as much as Yuna Thunder Breaker, which suits me perfectly - any reason to do content on Natalka makes me happy.

I especially loved grinding SH on my Thunder Breaker because I'm literally unhinged, but now it's not only "pointless" to do so, but I usually just suck up EXP off other party members due to antileech. So I have to admit for me personally, a lil' gain I could either use or just give to my friends would improve my personal experience quite a lot.

Reactions: MeerkatMiles

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Wanted to bump this myself since there's been ongoing chats about life after 250. We have a few options:
- Increasing level cap
- High level PQs
- High level quests
- New content/bosses

Just bumping to refresh this conversation and to indicate that this is in our internal workflow to address. Please feel free to add comments here and keep the conversation alive. Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: Dame

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
💜💜Wanted to bump this myself since there's been ongoing chats about life after 250. We have a few options:
- Increasing level cap
- High level PQs
- High level quests
- New content/bosses

Just bumping to refresh this conversation and to indicate that this is in our internal workflow to address. Please feel free to add comments here and keep the conversation alive. Thank you for your patience!
Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. I noticed it days ago, but wanted to make sure I had my thoughts together in an intelligible way first :giggle:

Scattered thoughts:

I still support the original idea talked about here, linking a sort of reward system to a faux exp counter.

Raising the level cap is unlikely to be well received by much of the player base, specificly the oldest players. I think a faux-level system can maintain the Rankings integrity and please those CRAVING more endgame content (big crossover).

Custom 250+ Content:

But, if you're looking for something a bit different, consider something like that Paragon system, or a classic Reputation quest system.

I personally imagine being sent into a dungeon, let's say a buffed up Golden Temple type zone, with a goal. I think a random gen quest would encourage people to visit new maps, instead of having a meta spot to grind.

This zone in particular also comes with it's own boss, Ravana! Admittedly it has been a long while since I've fought it, so I can't comment on how challenging or interactive it is 😅

The reputation system

This could offer anything from a new character-inherent level-up feature similar to the Monster Book, or even open up a new shop. Perhaps a shop with crafting materials towards either current crafts, or for a whole new one(s).

Do a quest, get a token, save tokens, and trade for ____. Super classic!

• Perhaps something like an evolving ring?
Craft the base and get +1 upgrade from Ravana? IDK, ideas.
I think it's better if it's character-inherent, but if it's easier to code onto a ring or w/e, so be it.
• Side note: if you go this route, consider Def/M.def.
Could have players take less damage without drastically raising the power creep.
1000 def = 500 less DMG taken I believe

• What about those weird slots at the bottom of the Equipment tab called, "Pet Acc, Pet HP, Pet MP"? Can they be used for anything? They don't seem to be used at the moment.​
Alternative look Lv. 250. medals in shop for fashion taste?

Gachapon & Maker System

This is where the concept gets a little wonkier, but also gets tied into the rest of maple world.

Since Gachapon is lacking in it's current state, perhaps it could now have a jackpot items(s) that fits into the crafting of a new (equipment?) within this post-250 system.

If the jackpot item(s) is Untradeable, this creates a new meso sink for higher level players.​

If the jackpot item(s) is Tradeable, this creates a new microeconomy for new players to get lucky with and trade upwards.​

--------

As always, thank you for your dedication to the server! We notice it and talk highly of your efforts within the community ❤️

Last edited:
Reactions: yuna and MrsLaral