Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Exp Sharing Fix [Concept] | YunaMS Forum

Exp Sharing Fix [Concept]

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
I know you're scared to fix the current exp sharing setup between high levels and the lowers, but it has to get done.

We have too many players who needs assistance, and I have the time and willingness to do so, but I can't.

I absolutely despise LeechStory ™, so I understand the concerns.

I suggest an item to be purchased for meso that temporarily allows for higher levels to leech anyone.

The associated cost of this time limited item will ensure that there is no profit in leeching services.

The server requires a fix to exp sharing to survive right now. Not having to pay is preferable, but I'm absolutely down to pay if I can help out our struggling members!

I'm hoping for comments regarding suggested price point for such an item.

Ex. [10m] meso for [1] hour

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Interesting concept, and definitely easy to implement. Although, the cost may need some increasing but can't say for sure just yet.

Lets get some more feedback please~

• Love
Reactions: Jeemie and Dame

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
I would just send it to be honest lol, I don't see it being that broken. Can always just test it at whatever maps you think would be most exploitable and see if the epm is ridiculous.

If people start actually buying / selling leech, then revert it I guess. I could be mistaken, but I don't imagine it will happen.

Reactions: Dame

Jester

Feb 1, 2023
Some changes are necessary short-term to better help the smaller community. I'm sure, if implemented, we'll have to revisit the system later on down the road. But as of right now, i see it as an absolute necessity.

Natalka

Jan 22, 2023
So, firstly the changes on the last patch should've been a good improvement, albeit it was undermined by the recurring bug(?) of players in your party AFKing out for over 5 minutes not only reducing their EXP gain to 0 (intended) but also applying an EXP penalty to party members who were actively attacking... well, it means I'm still having to go through the very un-fun for me experience of acting kind of like a drill sergeant at Bearwolves, telling people to please shuffle around or we're all going to suffer. LOL

With that "me getting punished because someone went to eat some potato chips" thing addressed soon I hope, the system is much better other than that a 20 level party range is just not even close to practical on Yuna. It would maybe be okay if you could afford to be selective with grinding partners and organize parties a little more (although I find that kinda toxic in itself ngl), but you can't. And the level ranges of grind spots are like... Petrifighter; 80-135, Lionheart; 115-180 (or if you're a STR class 200 LOL), Knights' Stronghold; 200-250. Party grind spots serve a huge distribution of levels and you can have people actively attacking at all of those levels, but again it feels frustrating to not get more credit for people just barely out of your level range in a very meaningless way. So I would like to see the base level range increased, to be honest. Either in a way that is level-scaled (since after 200 it should probably be 50) or just a bigger flat number (35 or 40). That would put party grinding in a good spot to where you don't have to obsessively organize it to get a meaningfully better EPM than solo, which especially hurts in the big Lionheart range.

As for the item suggestion itself, I think this is a great idea and really won't snap the game in half considering the 30 levels below the mob requirement still persists. The EXP from "pure" leeching is good, but kind of overrated when combined with a costed item... plus they still have to move, so at that point they might as well attack something. 10m mesos seems appropriate for now, perhaps with a bigger population it would need to be retuned as a higher cost, but with a bigger population the party grind issues wouldn't be so glaring in the first place. It's just so hard to help people out meaningfully (even with no benefit for myself) once they're above PQ and early Petrifighter range, usually me clearing a spare platform while they clear all of their own mobs has a close to 0 impact on their EPM.

Reactions: Dame and Dave

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
The issue with players receiving nerfed EXP if the party member AFK's for a moment will be addressed (you will start receiving normal white EXP as if you were solo training, then resume party EXP when they come back. They will continue to not receive EXP since they're AFK).

As for player level requirement (which is currently at 20), we have 3 options:
1.) Remove the level requirement completely
2.) Remove the level requirement ONLY if a mob is less than a certain level (140 perhaps)?
3.) Keep the checks, but change the min. level requirement to XYZ

If we can come to an agreement, I'll push things out ASAP! Let me know

Last edited:

Keyfob

Feb 7, 2023
The issue with players receiving nerfed EXP if the party member AFK's for a moment will be addressed (you will start receiving normal white EXP if they do AFK, and they will no longer receive EXP).

As for player level requirement (which is currently at 20), we have 3 options:
1.) Remove the level requirement completely
2.) Remove the level requirement ONLY if a mob is less than a certain level (140 perhaps)?
3.) Keep the checks, but change the min. level requirement to XYZ

If we can come to an agreement, I'll push things out ASAP! Let me know
I would be ok with removing the level requirement completely, since we still have the afk timer that stops people from just afk leeching indeffinately. I also like option 2 but i think lvl 150 would be more suiting, since bearwolves are the longest grind spot in the progression, and they are 145. That is where alot of people really start to struggle to find a good party and it slows down drastically.

Reactions: Natalka

Keyfob

Feb 7, 2023
I would be ok with removing the level requirement completely, since we still have the afk timer that stops people from just afk leeching indeffinately. I also like option 2 but i think lvl 150 would be more suiting, since bearwolves are the longest grind spot in the progression, and they are 145. That is where alot of people really start to struggle to find a good party and it slows down drastically.
Talking to dave and jimmy im told #2 was written backwards, and its supposed to be for monsters OVER lvl 140, is that correct? If so im 1000% down for that option

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
If you meant to say over lv.140, than you have full agreement within our guild!

The issue in game right now is LHC -> Future

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Let me reword, let me know if I'm understanding:

The nerfed EXP check will only occur if the monster is less than level 140.
Meaning, if the monster is above level 140, then there will be no restriction apart from the regular player:monster level difference.

We would also need to add a check for if the player is less than 140 AND the monster is less than 140, to ensure a lower level can't leech off monsters like Bearwolves.

• Love
Reactions: Dame and Natalka

Keyfob

Feb 7, 2023

Meaning, if the monster is above level 140, then there will be no restriction apart from the regular player:monster level difference.

We would also need to add a check for if the player is less than 140 AND the monster is less than 140, to ensure a lower level can't leech off monsters like Bearwolves.
Yes that makes much more sense, and i really like this idea, since a lvl 115 at bw would skyrocket if it would get leeched by a 250 without this restriction

Natalka

Jan 22, 2023

I think this idea is as good if not better than just increasing the "nerfed EXP gained" level range from 20 to say, 40. Actually it probably is a better idea overall, since it guarantees that whenever you can be expected to be attacking, you're getting full credit.

There are two anomalies to it, but I don't think either is a big deal when thought about more:

1) - Going to Lionheart at 115 (especially to leech) all the way to 130, when in most cases you still probably can't fight properly is no better than it is right now, and may actually be worse. However, even though 110-130 is not a particularly easy level range for a lot of classes, the literal main reason for this is the lack of good Petrifighter or Skelegon parties you're likely to find. Incentivizing people further to go back to Ulu may be a good thing, and honestly having tested on my alt Carnifex (who was very strong and even double damage bug-boosted), going Lionheart that early was not even beneficial anyways and would always lose to a good Ulu party. With that being said, I would love it if there was some kind of strong grind map option inbetween Ulu and Lionheart, perhaps in Temple of Time or a "modded" Deep Ludibrium map (much higher EXP, higher stats). Since good exp%/min aside, we're still talking about spending 60 levels at Petrifighter right now, I can see that alienating a lot of new players and for me it's the second worst hole in progression content right now. (Alternatively there are other higher-effort options to fill the gap, like a hardmode version of existing PQs or an implementation of other PQs for higher levels; but again, high-effort.)

2) This does benefit leeching (with some moving to not get AFK-burnt) at Future Perion in the 16x and 17x. I don't think this is a problem honestly, leeching at Future Perion is ass compared to fighting at Lionheart or even the very underwhelming Future Henesys. Again this is using Paladin as a benchmark which is a below-average grinding class.