Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Expedition Sign-Up Prompt | YunaMS Forum

Expedition Sign-Up Prompt

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
An idea to aid large group expedition signup management.

The problem being addressed:

When organizing large group expeditions (12+ people), leaders are often tasked with determining the # of people in the map, and looking at the list of sign-ups to reconcile who has signed up and who has not. Many times 1 person has not signed up because they entered the map late and do not see the countdown, or they are simply not paying attention. This is an every day issue for leaders of daily bossing groups.

The solution being proposed:

Upon a leader initiating an expedition, rather than everyone having to click the npc to sign up, open a dialog prompt to everyone in the map:

Dialog Idea 1: "{Leader} has invited you to join a {Boss Name} expedition, would you like to sign up?"
Dialog Idea 2: "{Leader} has started a {Boss Name} expedition, would you like to sign up?"
Buttons: "Sign up" / "Deny"
  • Clicking Deny would trigger a message (red text) in the chat indicating "{players} denied the expedition invitation". After denying, players would still be able to talk to the NPC to manually sign up.
  • If people walk in the map after the expedition is initiated, issue a prompt for them as well.
  • If the leader cancels the expedition, it should remove the dialog prompt from everyone's screen.

Upon initiating the expedition, add a few things to the current expedition widget tab:

1708451342693.png

Have a small text table at the top under "Expedition Status: Active":

Players in Map:Sign Ups:Denied:Pending:

Upon each person in the map signing up, have a blue text message appear indicating:
"[2/18] {player} has signed up."

If a player enters the map after signups were opened already, shoot out a message such as:
"[18/19] {player} invited to expedition."

Lastly:
@rollall command (must be a party leader) which would roll for everyone in the map. I've seen other servers that use it and its clean, really helpful.

Looking for critical feedback. Let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsLaral

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Quick Q: the @rollall command, this can be done only by the expedition leader? Or just any leader of a party within the expedition?

Will gladly implement this, so long as there's no objections/additional feedback!

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
I am in-between on @rollall

I will be using the term organizer to refer to the individual that starts the expedition sign-ups and becomes the expedition leader.

If accessible by any party leaders:

This would most likely enable us to use the command outside of the boss map, upon completing the expedition:
The organizer typically loots all high value items and waits for everyone to exit the boss map, then requests everyone to @roll.

If accessible only by expedition leader:

My only concern is, as of right now, if the organizer dc's, upon relogging they are no longer able to manage the parties via the widget. Maybe the expedition leader shifts when this happens. Not sure, but i think this would result in the organizer no longer having access to the @rollall command.

The rollall command would be most helpful for untradables (zak belt, cards, etc), but it would be really nice to be able to use it outside of the boss map, so maybe it can't be assigned to only the exp leader.

I think it was castela that had it assigned to the leader of any party.

What do you think?

I'd also like to hear what others think. These QOL proposals can be low priority.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsLaral

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Got it, makes more sense for party leaders to use @rollall, which would automatically roll for all their party members (including themselves). Will await for more feedback, and if none, can push this for next patch

Reactions: pretty

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
Ya, that would be 🔥, at least for single party boss runs. If we run with more than 1 party, I'm assuming it would only roll for that party?

Would it be possible to add a condition that would result in rolling for everyone in the map, IF:
  1. There is an active expedition
  2. The @rollall command was issued by a party leader OR expedition leader.
Edited to simplify the above. —

Last edited:

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Ya, that would be 🔥, at least for single party boss runs. If we run with more than 1 party, I'm assuming it would only roll for that party?

Would it be possible to add a condition that would result in rolling for everyone in the map, IF:
  1. There is an active expedition
  2. The @rollall command was issued by a party leader OR expedition leader.
Edited to simplify the above. —

So perhaps we can add a flag to the command, so there's 2 options:

@rollall --party
@rollall --expedition

The first will roll for all party members, including yourself, as long as you are the current party leader
The second will roll all for every expedition member, including yourself, as long as you are the current expedition leader

How is that? Open to a different command altogether if flags aren't received well by players.

pretty

Jan 10, 2023
That's smart! I really like that. So if the command is used with no parameters provided, it would try to do rollall for expedition, if the conditions are met, and fall back to party roll if not?

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Will enforce the use of at least one of those parameters, don't want accidental usages making things confusing in the chat window

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Sounds good! This will take a bit of time as there will be multiple changes across the system, so can't guarantee for next patch!