Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Guild Party Quest | YunaMS Forum

Guild Party Quest

Raaj

Jan 11, 2023
Hey Yuna

After doing a few GPQs, we've brainstormed a few ideas to better its experience and make it worthwhile the time and effort for one of the best PQs in the game.

Reasons:
1. Time spent during the PQ is significantly high depending on how fast/slow your party is able to complete the 4/4 daily.
2. The effort put into the PQ is in comparisons to e.g CWKPQ significantly higher and again timetaking.
3. The rewards for the above mentioned aspects of the PQ is seemingly low (Compared to CWKPQ)
4. The comparison to CWKPQ is based of the bonus system being similar, but worse than CWKPQ.

Changes:
  1. Remove the 1-minute timer to enter the PQ for better run efficiency.
  1. Since we cannot duo client in expeditions for GPQ to bring a sacrifice mule, add an option to hold an extra pair of earrings in inventory so we don't have to sacrifice a party member.
  1. Add an NPC at the Bonus stage for swift exit.
  1. With more players joining the server, SP farming via area bosses will get increasingly difficult. Instead of having Guild Points be something useless, allow points acquisition on an individual basis, and add a vendor that sells WS/CS/CSS20%/Powders for guild points.
  2. Increase the droprate of Naricain's Demon Elixir and Gelt Chocolate to proportionally match the time and effort!

Last edited:

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thanks for the detailed write-up! Couple of Q's:
  • Are you referring to the 1 minute timer that players wait until the portal is open? i.e. Make it so that you can enter the portal immediately/anytime?
  • What if instead of making GP individual, we keep it as guild pool, and only allow Masters/Jr. Masters to purchase those items (which would be broadcasted to the entire guild). Then players can split the spoils
  • What kind of increase for drop rate are we looking for? The goal is to provide the items but not so much that players are able to gain a massive amount that would start replacing other attack potions

Raaj

Jan 11, 2023
Thank you for the quick response Yuna!
  • Yes i am refering to that 1 minute timer u described. Also i didn't see ur detailed write up mention NPC at the bonus stage or some kind of swift exit implementation, because we also seem to wait approx less 1 minute pr run after opening all the boxes.
  • I both like and dislike the idea, because it's nice to make it a collective thing instead of a individual guild pool. However in my mind the concerns here are whether it will be a struggle to determine for the Masters/Jr. Masters who derserves what from the pool and how much we can spend/purchase. I still firmly believe an individual shop is the better choice, so that the people doing the effort gets rewarded or options could maybe be something in the aspects of receiving "Proof of GPQ" (like the diff proofs for Zak, Czak, PB, Empress).
  • I believe it gives a decent amount of atk pots (gelt/narcs), however i think compared to CWK the time and especially effort spent into GPQ is way higher than CWK. So a certain boost that you'd find appropriate without creating too much of a spoil would be rewarding for the people that do GPQ. Because at this point the rewards as well as the drop rates are oversighted looking at how few people even consider GPQ a worthwhile trip.

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thanks - for point 2:
  • What can we propose for current guilds that have a large # of GP already, how would that be split?
  • What kind of ratios are we looking a? i.e. X points for Y rewards?

And yes an NPC at the bonus stage to immediately exit instead of a timer will be added

Raaj

Jan 11, 2023
My propositions.
  • I believe the aspect of the points system is already based of a "The faster u complete GPQ ~ The more points u'll receive". Therefor i think it could be interesting to keep this system and adjust it to an individual system. There is 1 guild on the list that has 151k+ points and others with i believe just less than 7k. This whole makeover for GPQ, i would dare to say a reset of the point system wouldn't be a terrible idea? After the reset the point system can be proposed and implemented to what seems fair. (Per say the 151k guild comes back to see their pts, it can be used and taken advantage of to flood the market with a bunch of stuff from the shop feature)
Each run is 25-30minutes and u have a daily cap of 4 runs. However as much as the time certain parts of the GPQ proces can take some time (Combination if fumbled - Combination on wine/food/scroll/medal if fumbled - JQ to obtain shoes/pants/cape/hat) These combined with the closest comparisons in terms of the reward system CWKPQ, are parts that certainly are way harder than again mentioned CWKPQ.
  • Therefor i believe that the system should affect especially the effort aswell as time. I believe that a ratio of Y 65/35 X would seem fit, as i think making a shop already gives the confirmed WS/CS etc. and then its just up for the people to grind it, without making the shop too cheap so people can take advantage.
  • Reasons for 65/35: Rather buff the gelt/narcs over the shop feature, because the shop feature is confirmed items to be purchased and can be abused if not balanced correctly.
Also im sorry if i keep bringing up CWKPQ, but it rly is the closest and only comparison in terms of rewards system :)

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Got it, thanks for this. Hoping to get more feedback from others before overhauling the entire Guild Point/GPQ reward systems.
Additionally, need to drill down a bit more in terms of how many points each run would give to each player, and how much the items such as WS/CS would cost.

Reactions: Raaj

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Will be beginning the rework of the GPQ system in the coming days, so if there are any other points of feedback, please post here. This will serve as the central point of contact for all things GPQ-rework-related. Thank you!