Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Leeching Nerf - Undo for lv.120+ | YunaMS Forum

Leeching Nerf - Undo for lv.120+

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
Heyo!

With the population feeling a bit of a dip from school starting and shiny new servers grabbing the attention of everyone with ADHD, the level restrictions on party exp share are holding players back.

I propose the leech nerf (20 lvl. difference) is taken off for lv.120+ so that us OLD FOLKS can go back and support our friends in places like LHC and Future. There are just too few people at the highest levels, and we often can't party together!

(Sorry for giving you more to do, Yuna! You're the best 💜 Thank you for all of your work!)

Last edited:

Jeemie

Dec 19, 2022
This would be awesome!

We can either remove it completely or start lowering how much EXP you lose the higher you go up.

This isn't exactly the same as the suggestion but I believe it gives the same purpose; Include more quests/systems to help the leveling near the end as well so it isn't just boss grinding and staying in the same map.

Reactions: Dame

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Do we see any potential abuse from removing this restriction completely? This restriction was initially implemented to prevent leechStory, so can we objectively see any issues?

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
Do we see any potential abuse from removing this restriction completely? This restriction was initially implemented to prevent leechStory, so can we objectively see any issues?
I desppiiisse LeechStory™, so I have thought about that happening as well. The most common trouble I'm hearing, and experiencing myself, is that it's too difficult to actively party with friends for content, leaving people to fend for themselves.

I do think active participation encourages a healthier community, as it tends to get us talking. I like the time-restricted leeching mechanic. Long enough to take a washroom break, grab some food, and be healthy, but not enough to encourage full sale of S> Leech services dominating the market.

If it isn't a nightmare to code in, what about a system of scaling exp based on time away?

Ex.

If 20+ levels apart, exp will begin to fall off after [10] minutes to, say, [80%].
After [20] minutes, it falls further to [50%].
Eventually this scaling can lead to a total loss of exp after [30] minutes.

An imperfect system, sure, and the exact numbers may need to be talked about and tweeked, but I believe this would be an improvement that allows myself and others to go back and assist the incoming population. I know we have wonderful people like Natalka, at 250, wanting to go back and support new players, but finding that the inability too to be discouraging of continuing a max level character.

Reactions: Dave

Jeemie

Dec 19, 2022
I don't think we should remove it completely at all but rather have another look at the system.

As of right now, the anti-leech system is NOT working correctly, aka, players are able to leech for way longer than intended.

I don't necessarily agree with the time away that Dame is suggesting being that long. I do think that to have a good balance between not having leech AND party play, the time restriction should be much shorter than suggested as well as what is considered "active". Perhaps a 5ish minute timer until you receive no EXP is a good spot (and feel free to disagree! We're here to discuss!) and to reactivate it, you need to deal damage OR rebuff other players. 5 minutes gives a good sweet spot IMO as it still means the player is at the computer watching the game rather than spending all day working and getting EXP... -cough-

Reactions: Dame and Dave

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Will be making changes to this for next patch, thanks for the feedback!

• Love
Reactions: Dame

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
Personally I like having the ability to leech, but I think things go badly when your incentive is to leech instead of train. That's never been the experience I've had here so far - it always is faster and better to grind, leeching is just a nice little boost while AFKing.

I wouldn't like it if anti-leech was implemented such that you got no experience for AFKing, but I'm okay with it being nerfed by like 10-50% for long AFK times.

Only thing I might worry about here is with bosses - carrying a 120 at The Boss (I think you just need comb to enter, but never done it so idk) might be really strong. I'm not sure I'd really be bothered by it unless it was extreme though.

I'd say to just go for it with this change and monitor it. I doubt it would be exploitable to any extreme degrees over what we currently have.