Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Mount Speed Suggestion | YunaMS Forum

Mount Speed Suggestion

duke

Reaction score
Currently, the first Cygnus mount is 150 speed and costs 10M.
2nd mount requires lv3 first mount for 170 speed and costs 18M in total for etc. to upgrade.
Last mount is 180 speed and costs 50M.
A total of 78M for 180 speed.

Suggestion: If possible, implement a system that increase 1 speed per level for mount riding.

Reason: For 50M the upgrade in speed is only 10 speed... this is underwhelming. YMS has an unique feature of uncapped speed.
Utilizing this feature and implementing a system to give mounts more purpose and impact would be great.

TOO OVERPOWERED?
Mount training is already a long enough process, additionally there isn't much purpose to it besides mount getting too tired to use.
Mount level is capped at lv30. With this system the maximum speed acquired is capped at 210 speed (180 base + lv30 mount). Players are able to
achieve more speed than this from passive, haste, equips, etc.

If not possible, a small buff to Shinjou's (the 50M mount for KoC) speed would be greatly appreciated. 180 -> 190 speed would be good enough.
note: haven't tried Explorer's mount in YMS, so can't speak for it yet.

Thank you for reading. 🙌

Reactions: Aralaya

Aralaya

Reaction score
im for utilizing the lack of a speed cap in this regard

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Community Expert
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
I like the idea of giving players more speed with their mounts! Can we please brainstorm a list of the mounts that should receive it? I don't think its a good idea to do 1 by 1, and I want to ensure we grab all the common mount names to update in 1 batch.

Please let me know the names of the mounts that should receive a speed buff (to others reading, feel free to chime in)

Aralaya

Reaction score
i think the normal explorer Hog could use a little speed boost.

i think the Silver Mane and Draco move at a pretty decent speed already. 170 and 200, respectively. if my memory serves correct.

Aralaya

Reaction score
oh wait, Red Draco is 180speed, i just checked hiddenstreet. i feel like that could go up to 200.