Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
New Systems + Mechanics + QoL | YunaMS Forum

New Systems + Mechanics + QoL

Jeemie

Dec 19, 2022
Hi everyone,

I would like to suggest having a new mechanic/system in place to improve on some parts of woes for the server. This should also help provide more than just grinding and PQing/farming for items.

HP Mechanic:
We see some other servers have a system to permanently increase your HP more than just a boost in HP gains per level. Not to say that it isn't helpful but I do see a lot of players still constantly having to HP wash to survive some bosses that are not the end-game end-game. Perhaps we can make it simple as having a limited use item put in Spirit Shop or to be honest, something more than the gacha for PQ points (missed opportunity here!)

You can also up the amount of HP you can get from cards as well to help with this. I know you have the medal to help boost HP and to help get votes but I feel like that only gets so far and feels a bit artificial. I would say keep the medal but have the book feel more worth getting as right now most people only grab first tab for the acc/avoid and last 3 for stats.

PQ Overhaul:
Having more things to get out of PQs other than just the items may be useful in keeping the PQ trains going. You consistently see people asking for help in LPQ/KPQ/OPQ with no responses as once a player gets their Diligent Ring, they find almost no reason to go back to them unless helping a friend.

Having more things to get using PQ points can be useful in people wanting to do PQs more (or at least will be doing PQs for a longer period of time) and can bring back some dead PQs such as RnJ/LMPQ.

These rewards can be buffed up versions of their respective equips or something that can permanently upgrade an item up to a certain amount per character. This would be a great place to involve having ores or powders so that classes that can't mob efficiently can farm them too!

Progression:
Similar to PQ, I believe that PQ spam / grinding is sort of boring. Are we able to rehaul it so there's a better way to level via questlines by buffing their EXP as well? PQ should definitely be a thing but requiring it to level up sorta .. hurts.
Perhaps we can buff questlines such as Mushking , Kerning Sq, Ariant , Omega, etc, so there's something else to do other than spam EPQ/PPQ until Petris then BW. Other questlines that would be beneficial to buff can be prequests such as Latanica's, Krex's, CWKPQ, etc. Even if it's still grinding, it'll feel more like a breath of fresh air.

Once you reach level 200, it does become just grinding SH and boss until 250 which is pretty boring still. Can we introduce new custom quests (also yay quest count!) to help accelerate this a bit?

Can add more viable options to grind as well. Some categories can be maps that are better for mobbing, other maps that are better for strong single targets. Either way, it would be nice to have multiple maps be viable / give similar EPM versus having one good map. It's fine now on low pop but I don't imagine it'll be fun in higher pops.

May be very unpopular but..
Fixing Anti-Leech system
-Adjust nerfed exp to when the person is ONLY in your map (I saw that if they're out of the map, it's still nerfed)
-Adjust nerfed exp so it doesn't trigger the killer is within my level (If Player A (within 20 levels of me) kill but someone more than 30 above me, I still get nerf'd exp)

Crafting:
Right now there's not much in terms of item progression after 120. It's really Reverse/Poisonic -> Timeless -> Sweetwater which leaves a lot in between. Perhaps having more crafting to get items in between Reverse and Sweetwater would be beneficial. These can be tied into PQs or other expeditions so they can be done for more than just Spirit Points.

We can add in equips such as Von Leon , Android, VIP weapons, etc.

Perhaps split up the quest rings to more digestible portions. Instead of 200->400-600, can we break it down more? Perhaps we can introduce more rings as well, either in between or bump up the more end-game ones. Getting 1000 quests is hard work and being rewarded with +5AS and 3atk is a little sad bois moment.

Bossing:
This is definitely crucial especially when still on low pop.
This may be hard to avoid and perhaps may be part of the culture but while having boss trains is cool, having other ways to progress may be nicer as well. I see people go on, see they missed a boss train, and then log off as they don't have an efficient way of proceeding at all (item wise, exp wise, spirit point wise) as nobody is able to help them. Perhaps having other methods of getting SP can be useful such as JQs or other easier things (1SP per X kills, capped a day or something for example). This can be very discouraging for other people who missed or can't do it on their own.

Skill Balancings: I'm leaving out specific job changes as that's a whole different topic
Fix Scaling on skills to be more equal , aka if end goal is 600%, it shouldn't go 100->110..120..130..600, but rather 100->200->300

QoL Requests:
Reduce Pet Hunger - Pets are eating like crazy .. I can go grab a glass of water and my guy already starving
Mounts + Chairs Tradable (Although this can be seen as P2W in a way because of mesos..)
Muting Alliance Chat
No Breath when atking + getting atked
Muting Green Line Gacha
Ore maker NPC in FM so we don't have to head to Kerning/Perion/El Nath(especially El Nath)
Add more map slots in VIP teleport Rock

Selfish requests:
Bigger Combat Step for Aran
Revert Aran's Combo Barrier to whole party. I believe if you were to just remove the combo like tempest, it may work fine without bugging out other Arans. Totally not needed immediately, just a little selfish request. I add this here as it does everyone in party f3

Thank you for reading!

Last edited:

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
I love your suggestions!

BUT WITH ONE CAVEAT.

Encouraging PQs from higher levels in order to assist new players more often is great, so long as whatever rewards received are Tradeable. Please god, do not make me do more PQs. Love this option for someone else, but I will literally rip my eyeballs out if I have to do RNJPQ.

Perhaps crafting materials from PQs?
Selectable ores?
Ore gachapon?

Rare stone within ore gach acting as a sort of jackpot? Something to sell off to higher level players to craft a new item with?

Spirited JQ

I'm a JQ junky who enjoyed doing all of the quests, so I welcome a reward for doing them again for practice 🤷‍♀️

Definitely not high priority, but being able to convince a friend or two to actually do one with me would be neat!

Jeemie

Dec 19, 2022
Of course!

I want the PQs and stuff to be more optional rather than required. They can give great items which should not be BiS but good enough to warrant people wanting to do that. Of course this means we would need an alternative for those who don't want to PQ for rewards that are also similar.

Example, PQ can give a 4AS equip that has 3 slots or it can be grinded and crafted that gives 4AS and 1slots or something. Makes it so PQ is attractive but not necessary.

CTL + ALT + DLT

Feb 18, 2023
Hello,

I really like the ideas and hopefully we can bring more people into this discussion!

I would like to also add that HP Mechanic as a reward to the PQs. This would incentivize higher level players to join the PQs while also possibly helping the new population. However, in my opinion this should be applied to the less popular PQs (ex: JPQ & OPQ) or PQs requiring at least 3+ members in order to avoid the solo grind.

Also, I agree there should be different ways at least to level 120. Why level 120? because that's when most jobs advance to 4th job and become more self-sufficient. They could add different paths to follow for this process like a solo route, a PQ route or party grind route. However, there should be balanced accordingly and rewarded differently, in order to avoid a best route scenario. What I mean for best route scenario is that most of the times, regardless of how many routes are there's always a route that is most efficient in terms of speed or rewards that people tend to follow exclusively most of the time. Examples of these routes could be such as:

Solo route: Increased quest exp and also rewards such as hard to access scrolls such as 15%, 30%, or 70%.

Party route: Increased party exp for attacking activity (Currently leeching exp is in area such as Preti's is the route to go even when non-leeching is advertised as a server feature) and increased Mesos gains (Since currently Mesos are divided between the party the Mesos gain is minimal).

PQ route: Add better rewards or offer temporary gear with buff stats that either expire with time or level.

I believe a plan like this should be the priority, not necessarily what I suggested. But the biggest problem the server faces in my opinion is the early game. The slow leveling process, the low interaction leeching and the non-generation of funds in the early game make new players feel bored and frustrated when starting with nothing.

Also, the level milestones rewards feel lack luster. Temporary exp tickets would be a nice addition for the hell level (ex: lvl 70-80 & 100-120).

Now jumping into bossing, all rewards feel that they are been locked behind bosses failing to add variation in higher levels. What I mean by this is that end games scrolls (CS.WS, & 15% scrolls), High exp gain, End game materials (Proof of PB & Empress diamond), high demand skill books (MW & Genesis) and funding (WS) are mostly inaccessible other ways. I did repeat WS two times because due to the lack of Mesos influx into the market, WS have become the prime trading currency or item in exchanges of luxury items. These two things means that if you as a player are not participating in bosses you are not going to be able to progress. Also, if you miss any of these train bosses you cause the players to get frustrated and just log off since there is almost no other thing they could do to progress. I really recommend that all these rewards should be divided into other activities so that players have more options to farm them or have to other routes or activities to obtain their focus. Such as if you looking to upgrade your gear do CWPQ, if you looking to craft a weapon do bosses, if you looking to level up go do PQ or if you are looking to gain modest exp and gain more Mesos you should join a grind party. I want to clarify, this not to punish high level players but to add more variation and to lessen the focus on only bossing. I understand most games end game is to boss but to the lack of population these trains are very limited.

Finally, Mesos and equipment. I already mentioned some way to gain mesos, but I do believe mesos are a topic that should also be discussed further discussed as the economy is plummeting Mesos should be a tool not only able to buy gear and items but could be also used to bypass annoying content. Such as Bosses pre-requisite quest chains or be used to gamble for cosmetics items such as chairs or cosmetics items. For weapons I feel that early game should not have secondary AP restrictions in order to lessen and facilitate the clearing of content for newer players. For late game I suggest adding another weapon for the gap between lvl 140 and lvl 180. Also making the level 140 weapon more accessible since there going to be and addition of a new weapon and proof of PB are super expensive.

I have other suggestion or addition to my suggestions, but I am already tired and want to play XD. Feel free to critic my ideas or offer new ideas. I feel Yuna MS have the potential to be a great server and hopefully more employees can be added in order to customize the server to make if appealable to more players. I also apologize for my grammar, english isn't my first language and towards the end I got tired and didn't pay much attention.

Any question hit me up in discord or in game, IGN: Delete.

Jeemie

Dec 19, 2022
On top of his idea on getting no secondary stats to wear items, I would suggest either splitting up the quest rings to be lesser gaps.

Instead of 0->200->400, it can be 0->100->200->300 , and have an intermediate stat for the ring or introduce higher rings for the higher levels.

Reactions: Shadys