Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Night Lords are garbage | YunaMS Forum

Night Lords are garbage

Saul

Nov 25, 2022
Playing with a squad of 6 people since day 1 and as a Night lord, I've had the hardest time leveling, getting books and gearing up.

Our mobbing skill is complete garbage compared to other classes but that is expected of a night lord, but after paying around 100m to get TT30 while my friends got their books from mobs at leafre/ToT, we went bossing and i was bamboozled when i found out i am getting out dps'd by everyone even though i maxed my bossing skill and they kept theirs at lvl 20, I even have better gear.

Not to mention if we dont have SE i am literally useless because of how weak i am compared to everyone else, ill give u an example;
A paladin in my party did 12m dpm test with Blast lvl 21, a clean stonetooth (106att) and shitty gear
Meanwhile my gear is scrolled nicely, my reverse claw is +19att from scrolls, and i had more att from gear (Cape/shoes/pendant) and ive got TT30.
My DPM was 10m, 2m less than my friend here.
Not to mention i had to pay over 350m to craft throwing stars, on top of my scrolled gear just to get out dps'd by a pally with blast lvl 21
Archers need less money and resources to craft arrows that never run out while we have to pay 900k for a recharge and 300m+ to craft the damn thing.

What i suggest is:
Option 1: Buff Quad throw and Avenger's %Damage and make Shadow stars not consume stars at max lvl
Option 2: Buff Superior shurikens to be infinite, and buff their att to 50
Option 3: Reduce superior shuriken recharge cost and make each stack have more quantity
Option 4: Buff shadow partner / crit throw

anyways id love to see everyone share their thoughts in their comments, have a nice day

Abuse

Nov 25, 2022
This is all true even I was surprised.. I should only be near NL damage if I have elemental advantage not outdpsing them. The whole group chipped money in to super fund this man thinking it would help but it was a waste not to mention NLS really have to dream big if they want to ever think about using a decent claw otherwise their stuck with a shitty maple skanda forever. I really think nl needs help and bad

Leon

Nov 16, 2022
Hello Yuna,

Fellow NL enthusiasts and I would like to address a reoccurring issue with Night Lords. I am an NL and have felt like progress has been a challenge compared to other classes. I found myself doing less DPS than every other class at almost every level in the game. Issues below:

Avenger/Mobbing:

-Avengers being the only skill and only hitting with two lines, I was 2k stats with Ilbies and doing almost 3-4 times less than any other class.

Quad throw:
  1. -Our quad throw makes NL shine as a Bossing class, but they aren't shining at all with the DPM they produce. I recently got TT10(quad throw 10) and saw I did way less than my peers during bossing with less gear and range. Another NL mentioned that he is getting out DPS'd by people with level 20 skills points in their bossing skills and wearing a clean weapon while he currently has TT30. Sharp Eyes (SE), gelt, and better gear.
Triple Throw 20 skill book:
  1. I don't know if this is an issue, but my peers and I have not seen many TT20 skill books drop. I have yet to see them at the FM market, only blizzard 20 and other classes.
Superior Shuriken stars recharge:
  1. I love these stars and strive to get them, I'm close, but I'm not going to craft them after all due to the price to recharge.
  2. The math for max shadow star
    • 200 stars for 120 seconds 2200/200
    • 11 11x120 seconds 1320seconds/60seconds 22 minutes
    • Every 22 minutes, we must recharge, so every hour, we'll use 2.4m
    • 880k per recharge is absurd
NL are already weak in mobbing and bossing; how can we afford paying so much per recharge for stars.

Added suggestions, Avenger: Possibly give it an extra line?

In conclusion, these are suggestions and we would like to hear what you would do Yuna, it is your server overall. I personally love playing this server right now and I would like my class to be at the level of other classes at least. I know NL is a bossing class but I've work so hard trying to boost my range only to not do enough DPM as my fellow peers. I know asking is a lot but I'm struggling and do not feel motivated to progress my class with the dmg I'm doing. I hope you take this to consideration.

Respectfully submitted,
-Leon
-Ign: Rain

Skaia

Nov 25, 2022
Would definitely love to see the changes that Saul and Leon suggested to be implemented in the game to make Night Lords more viable.

Aside the fact that the class is usually looked at as one of the best DPS classes in the game, it currently is far from it in YunaMS. They don't definitely need to get turbo buffed to make them 10000 times better than any other class, but they need more QoL changes and small tweaks in their skills.

The superior shuriken stars recharge cost is incredibly high and after seeing multiple NL's in the game grinding for those stars for hours (playing 10-14 hours a day) to have this high of a cost to recharge, is the most unrewarding feeling ever. It could demotivate a lot of players to play the game.

That being said, in the live version of MapleStory, the shadow stars skill only consumes 1 star of the set. I think that the cost of the recharge for the end game stars could stay the same if shadow stars consumes 1 star of the stack of stars.

All of these solutions to the current problem with Night Lords should be easily implementable so I think that this is an issue that could be resolved pretty fast. With as a result that it would make a lot of Night Lord players more motivated and more driven to play the game (again).

Last edited:

Dorja

Nov 25, 2022
as an NL in maplestory you have the hardest time,
hardest to lvl
worst kit
most expensive job overall
you depend on SE
Bossing wise you bring nothing to the table but dps only and its really hard to survive

after bossing alot the last few days we found out that we get out dps'd by almost every single job here even if we r better geared
as you know at every other maplestory server and the classic global old days NL's atleast got rewarded by doing the most dmg as they have the hardest time get to this stage i have talk to many NL's here and they all share the same toughts on this.

duke

Oct 18, 2022
NL main here, I suggest 100% damage to Shadow Partner. My reasoning is keep all 8 lines of Quad Throw consistent and clean. Also as NL main, my ego is huge and I want to be the highest DPM in game. I look down on other classes. (sarcasm btw)

Saul

Nov 25, 2022
Hero best class
NL main here, I suggest 100% damage to Shadow Partner. My reasoning is keep all 8 lines of Quad Throw consistent and clean. Also as NL main, my ego is huge and I want to be the highest DPM in game. I look down on other classes. (sarcasm btw)

Reactions: Leon

Saul

Nov 25, 2022
1h+shield not worth cause sw 1h sword isn’t fast4, so you need si for max dps
Might aswell go 2h for maximum efficiency with si
But that’s a topic for a different post
That’s true it cost more to fund a 1H + shield. But with all the funding that is required for NL, I want NL to be the best

• Haha
Reactions: Smiling and Leon

TalolCB

Nov 25, 2022
NL's do need some buff, It is contradictory being average dps class and at the same time one of the hardest to fund.

• Haha
Reactions: Smiling

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thank you everyone for this feedback! Very helpful that you included the proposed changes, as opposed to just asking for the buff. Here's what I've got from this post for what NLs need:

- An overall damage buff
- Reduce Shuriken cost
- TT20 drop buff
- Avenger buff
- Reduce shadow star consumption

Will do some testing on my end once more to confirm what is lacking, then report back

Skaia

Nov 25, 2022
Thank you everyone for this feedback! Very helpful that you included the proposed changes, as opposed to just asking for the buff. Here's what I've got from this post for what NLs need:

- An overall damage buff
- Reduce Shuriken cost
- TT20 drop buff
- Avenger buff
- Reduce shadow star consumption

Will do some testing on my end once more to confirm what is lacking, then report back
Don't forget Night Walkers! ;)

• Wow
Reactions: Saul and Abuse

Smiling

Oct 12, 2022
There's 2 kinds of NL players,
1) the sweaty ones
2) those that pick it to chase dps for their e-pp size

One knows how the maple game work, one doesn't.

I've checked Yuna's NL numbers vs. Dreams' NL numbers, apart from the Narin buff which every classes have.. the NL numbers here are better than Dreams' (and NL is arguably the #1 most consistent DPS or the easiest class to dish out ST dps).

- - - - -

You state that your DPS is out-dps by your peers, are you comparing like Zak? Or like Krex?
There's many things to factor in, are you comparing a cleaver at Zak vs. a ST at Zak? (ST = Single-Target)
And for Krex like element weakness? Eg. Paladin.......

- - - - -

Is this like your first maple v83 server and you hop in thinking NL is gonna blast through everything?

NL has ultra high avoid + dodge.. and being range.
That alone gives you one of the highest up-time in term of dps. You don't need to switch from cleaving or ST etc and just press 1 spell, easy to be efficient.

In my opinion NL is probably the highest DPS class in dreams and here some of y'all "NL players" are.
In-case you don't understand how v83 works, AVOID+DODGE is really really huge in mid-late game bosses.
Up-time is what stop some people from playing Sair/Bow and made a NL.

Y'all are already supposedly one of the best/easiest bosser, giving y'all a buff in mobbing.... then what about the sairs??

Yuna is about a week old, if the late-game "best" bosser is already doing top tier damage along with having all their books... then wouldn't 90% of the people just make a NL? Why make other classes?

"NL: 44% more dps with SE."
Yeah that's how it works, "NW: 56% more dps with SE." "TB 42% more single-target DPS with SE buff"

- - - - -

Y'all really need to do your homework before y'all "NL players" wanna talk numbers.
Check DreamMS' NL numbers and then log to yuna's wiki and look at the numbers.
If it'll help, a better comparison would be DreamMS's patch around 2021 pre-narin etc. And those are dummy numbers, not including the fact that NL is RANGE and also has SUPER HIGH AVOID and DODGE hence SUPER HIGH UP-TIME.

- - - - -

I could back that NL is "tough to level" but I can name a classes that's harder to level,
a) sair
b) shad
c) bucc
d) tb

Oh wait speaking of which, do y'all realize NL can melee here? Meaning you don't need to kite around to avenger... you could avenger in THE MOBS' FACE. And you say NL is hard to level here? Do y'all even play v83 servers... imagine playing a melee class that you have to worry about accuracy, not having mobility and then melee'ing each mob? LOL.

- - - -

Try doing better comparison and provide some numbers maybe.
ST class vs. ST class @ ST Boss
not ST class vs. Cleave class @ Cleave Boss OR like element involved.

- - - - -

I'll start:

NL @ Dreams
  • Level 40 Shadow Claw duration increased from 120s to 180s
  • Level 40 Shadow Partner base power increased from 50% to 80%
  • Level 30 Avenger base power increased from 180% to 250%
  • Level 30 Triple Throw base power increased from 150% to 170%
  • Level 40 Triple Throw base power increased to 210%
NL @ Yuna
- Critical Throw damage increased from 200% to 220% <--- +20% CRIT | sheeeeeeesh and y'all babies crying
- Avenger damage increased from 180% to 270% <--- +20% MOBBING SPELL | + y'all can melee here
- Triple Throw damage increased from 150% to 220% <--- +10% ST SPELL | sheeeeeeeesh
- Triple Throw attack count increased from 3 to 4 <--- ?!!?!?!
- Triple Throw renamed to Quad Throw

- - - - -

This was post-narin patch (eg. custom patch where we don't have here but every class received them and their cygnus is more "buffed"

A) Their DK has Dark Impaler (custom spell) + zerk mechanic + low avoid
B) Sair has ship mechanics, + ship cooldown + low avoid/dodge + no stance
C) NW is buffed to catch up to their NL which has dominated in terms of ST DPS from day1
D) There we have a "weaker" version of NL compared to YunaMS... and here we have all the aspiring NL wannabes that's chasing DPS to increase their e-pp size.
IpQCTVZ.png

• Love
Reactions: yuna

Saul

Nov 25, 2022
There's 2 kinds of NL players,
1) the sweaty ones
2) those that pick it to chase dps for their e-pp size

One knows how the maple game work, one doesn't.

I've checked Yuna's NL numbers vs. Dreams' NL numbers, apart from the Narin buff which every classes have.. the NL numbers here are better than Dreams' (and NL is arguably the #1 most consistent DPS or the easiest class to dish out ST dps).

- - - - -

You state that your DPS is out-dps by your peers, are you comparing like Zak? Or like Krex?
There's many things to factor in, are you comparing a cleaver at Zak vs. a ST at Zak? (ST = Single-Target)
And for Krex like element weakness? Eg. Paladin.......

- - - - -

Is this like your first maple v83 server and you hop in thinking NL is gonna blast through everything?

NL has ultra high avoid + dodge.. and being range.
That alone gives you one of the highest up-time in term of dps. You don't need to switch from cleaving or ST etc and just press 1 spell, easy to be efficient.

In my opinion NL is probably the highest DPS class in dreams and here some of y'all "NL players" are.
In-case you don't understand how v83 works, AVOID+DODGE is really really huge in mid-late game bosses.
Up-time is what stop some people from playing Sair/Bow and made a NL.

Y'all are already supposedly one of the best/easiest bosser, giving y'all a buff in mobbing.... then what about the sairs??

Yuna is about a week old, if the late-game "best" bosser is already doing top tier damage along with having all their books... then wouldn't 90% of the people just make a NL? Why make other classes?

"NL: 44% more dps with SE."
Yeah that's how it works, "NW: 56% more dps with SE." "TB 42% more single-target DPS with SE buff"

- - - - -

Y'all really need to do your homework before y'all "NL players" wanna talk numbers.
Check DreamMS' NL numbers and then log to yuna's wiki and look at the numbers.
If it'll help, a better comparison would be DreamMS's patch around 2021 pre-narin etc. And those are dummy numbers, not including the fact that NL is RANGE and also has SUPER HIGH AVOID and DODGE hence SUPER HIGH UP-TIME.

- - - - -

I could back that NL is "tough to level" but I can name a classes that's harder to level,
a) sair
b) shad
c) bucc
d) tb

Oh wait speaking of which, do y'all realize NL can melee here? Meaning you don't need to kite around to avenger... you could avenger in THE MOBS' FACE. And you say NL is hard to level here? Do y'all even play v83 servers... imagine playing a melee class that you have to worry about accuracy, not having mobility and then melee'ing each mob? LOL.

- - - -

Try doing better comparison and provide some numbers maybe.
ST class vs. ST class @ ST Boss
not ST class vs. Cleave class @ Cleave Boss OR like element involved.

- - - - -

I'll start:

NL @ Dreams
  • Level 40 Shadow Claw duration increased from 120s to 180s
  • Level 40 Shadow Partner base power increased from 50% to 80%
  • Level 30 Avenger base power increased from 180% to 250%
  • Level 30 Triple Throw base power increased from 150% to 170%
  • Level 40 Triple Throw base power increased to 210%
NL @ Yuna
- Critical Throw damage increased from 200% to 220% <--- +20% CRIT | sheeeeeeesh and y'all babies crying
- Avenger damage increased from 180% to 270% <--- +20% MOBBING SPELL | + y'all can melee here
- Triple Throw damage increased from 150% to 220% <--- +10% ST SPELL | sheeeeeeeesh
- Triple Throw attack count increased from 3 to 4 <--- ?!!?!?!
- Triple Throw renamed to Quad Throw

- - - - -

This was post-narin patch (eg. custom patch where we don't have here but every class received them and their cygnus is more "buffed"

A) Their DK has Dark Impaler (custom spell) + zerk mechanic + low avoid
B) Sair has ship mechanics, + ship cooldown + low avoid/dodge + no stance
C) NW is buffed to catch up to their NL which has dominated in terms of ST DPS from day1
D) There we have a "weaker" version of NL compared to YunaMS... and here we have all the aspiring NL wannabes that's chasing DPS to increase their e-pp size.
IpQCTVZ.png
The classes u stated that do worse than nl are better in this server
Shadower is busted
TB is busted
Sair has stronger mobbing
Bucc needs a buff 100%

Quality of life of being able to shoot a mob in the face was given to every ranged class not just NL
And I was being out dps’d at ST against max bstep (shadower mobbing skill)
U also need to take into account the fact that I was better geared with a fully scrolled wep against a paladin with a clean wep
And the fact that my bossing skill books are way harder to get (tt20 10% zak/tt30 30% HT) while other classes get theirs much easier
I would like to include that dark knights zerk book is also extremely rare and might need a small drop rate buff but that’s just my opinion

• Haha
Reactions: NiiMI and Smiling