Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Pet Auto Pot | YunaMS Forum

Pet Auto Pot

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke

Reaction score
As if auto pot isn't slow enough, the setting for auto pot is also account-bound..

1670892797976.png1670892858175.png
Even with individual auto pot on different characters, the setting to set the HP/MP alert is account-bound.
This means you can't have different settings for individual characters and will have to manually change
the HP/MP alert every time you log into a different character in the same account.

1670892929412.png

Suggestion: Implement a system where HP/MP alert is set for individual characters.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4thJobHokage

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but as an old school mapler I don't like things to be too easy/convenient. Having auto-pot at all makes it "easy mode", I'd even say no auto-pot at all is a more authentic old school maple experience (at least I didn't spend money on GMS so I played without pets & auto pots & such). It takes five seconds to change the auto-pot bars. I change auto-pot HP multiple times in one boss run as some parts I'd rather just keep it near max to be safe, but at other parts I'd rather save on potions.

Aralaya

Reaction score
i dont really care about those settings having to be changed with each character. it's not that inconvenient to change them. plus i tend to just keep the bars around 50-70% with ginger ale, no matter what, because pets are dumb and dont auto-pot every time they need to.

duke

Reaction score
I'm probably in the minority, but as an old school mapler I don't like things to be too easy/convenient. Having auto-pot at all makes it "easy mode", I'd even say no auto-pot at all is a more authentic old school maple experience (at least I didn't spend money on GMS so I played without pets & auto pots & such). It takes five seconds to change the auto-pot bars. I change auto-pot HP multiple times in one boss run as some parts I'd rather just keep it near max to be safe, but at other parts I'd rather save on potions.
I agree, I’m used to old school way of manually potting and I prefer it because it’s more interactive gameplay; however, auto pot is not restricted by a paywall like GMS so might as well take advantage of it.

Different characters have different HP/MP settings; i.e. mages need higher MP auto pot. Constantly having to mentally remind self to change settings every time one switches characters can become tedious. Thus, this suggestion’s purpose isn’t to make the game easier.

duke

Reaction score
i dont really care about those settings having to be changed with each character. it's not that inconvenient to change them. plus i tend to just keep the bars around 50-70% with ginger ale, no matter what, because pets are dumb and dont auto-pot every time they need to.
I understand it’s just a few seconds inconvenience to open settings and adjust the HP/MP alert, but this change would benefit the majority of players; saving everyone a few seconds and providing a peace of mind (not reminded of settings change every character switch).

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Community Expert
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
Making this setting character specific will require a lot of backend changes which I do not prefer, especially because the current settings are stored in each individual machine's system registry. Will not move forward with this, sorry!

Reactions: 4thJobHokage
Status
Not open for further replies.