Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Please make it easier for us to get the Eye of Fire. | YunaMS Forum

Please make it easier for us to get the Eye of Fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aura

Reaction score
Let's face it: Zakum is the hardest boss. Well, not really. Zakum is not difficult to kill, but to get the Eye of Fire to summon Zakum is one long journey. I feel like I came back from a pilgrimage after getting 30 gold teeth from Miner Zombies. (Even Horntail's prequest is not that hard; I would even argue that Horntail is easier to kill due to the lack of a tedious prequest.)
I often find myself spending more time hunting for gold teeth than killing Zakum. This is ironic, considering that Zakum is a daily boss and supposedly easier to handle compared to other bosses. Therefore I suggest making one of the following modifications to let players obtain the Eye of Fire more easily:
  1. Increase the drop rate of Gold Teeth from Miner Zombies.
  2. Reduce the number of Gold Teeth required to exchange for the Eye of Fire from 30 to 20.
  3. Add Gold Teeth to the drop table for Coolie Zombies.
There is no need to implement all 3 suggestions. As long as one of the above modifications are made, Zakum will be significantly more accessible to players who have problems acquiring the Gold Teeth required to exchange for Eye of Fire.

TLDR: Please make Zakum more accessible as a daily boss, so that we can get our Mastery Books 20. Thank you!!

Sincerely,

A most hopeful and grateful Bishop :)

Last edited:
Reactions: MeerkatMiles

Aralaya

Reaction score
I dont think the drop rate needs to be higher for gold teeth. it's pretty easy to get 30 teeth within 20-30 min on the bottom platform in Dead Mine II. i farmed around 200 in less than 3 hours between two days of farming on that platform.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

Aura

Reaction score
30 minutes is a lot of time for just 30 gold teeth. Some players can only play the game for 2 hours each day.

Spending 30 minutes hunting for gold teeth would mean sacrificing 60% of exp gain (2%exp/min at Skeles at Level 155).

This would mean that the only players that can host Zakum (by donating 2 EoF for the benefit of the party) are those who can spend long hours on the game, and don't mind spending the extra 30 minutes hunting for gold teeth.

Casual players cannot afford to spend that much time on hunting gold teeth, and therefore cannot host Zakum, since they cannot donate their EoF.

For classes that need to get their mastery books from Zakum, they would not mind hunting for the gold teeth. However, there are classes that do not need to kill Zakum for mastery books. These classes will never bother to hunt for the gold teeth as they will simply wait for someone to host and later join. Furthermore, if nobody hosts Zakum, they will probably just skip Zakum for the day: these classes do not need any mastery books from Zakum anyway.

That is the reason why certain mastery books (Quad Throw 20, Genesis 20) are so elusive; it is because there are not enough Zakum kills per day. The classes who do not need mastery books from Zakum would probably not bother hosting Zakum. The only players who can reliably be counted on to host Zakum, are the ones who need mastery books from Zakum.

Therefore, I suggest making the gold teeth easier to get, so that more players will be willing to host Zakum, instead of just relying on those players who need their mastery books from Zakum to host Zakum.

Aralaya

Reaction score
okay, yeah makes sense. but in regards to your sacrificing exp line, wouldnt the 30 min sacrifice be worth it to then be able to go on at least 5 zak runs? more if you're not dropping eof every time? i feel like the 60% exp hit is made up by 5+ zak's worth of exp.

but idk, i could be wrong, I dont zak often enough to know how good the exp is at 155.

Beta

Reaction score
I think adding more Miner Zombies spawns would be a better option since the map is quite hard to navigate through.

Aralaya

Reaction score
I think adding more Miner Zombies spawns would be a better option since the map is quite hard to navigate through.

im not opposed to this. especially in Dead Mine I, III, and IV.

Iartchi

Reaction score
Leave it how it is, its a fair trade off for 5 Zak's as Aralaya said In my opinion.

MeerkatMiles

Reaction score
Yeah I've always hated this about Zakum. I don't mind some boss entry requirement, but I hate having to farm 30 mins to even achieve a single boss entrance.

Personally I just wish the prequest gave more, like 10 EoF per clear instead of 5.

Aralaya

Reaction score
but its not farming for 30 minutes to achieve a single boss entrance, it 30 min of grinding for a minimum of 5 boss entries.

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Community Expert
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
I appreciate this suggestion however I do not believe this is necessary especially as boss quests should require work for permanent access to it. Sorry!

Reactions: Aura
Status
Not open for further replies.