Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Proper solution to mutant pigs abuse | YunaMS Forum

Proper solution to mutant pigs abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abuse

Nov 25, 2022
I thought someone would make a thread by now but noone has so I guess I will before too much time passes. It was discovered that Mutant pigs in future henesys gave 660k+ exp per kill. Certain players discovered this i'm guessing they figured this out in beta and never reported it but just a guess.

At bearwolfs with a full party attacking and my ideal platform to my self with se, si and hs as a paladin on apple I was making about 4.5m exp a minute. At mutant pigs players would leech and make 5m+ sitting on a rope if you attacked this exp would be much higher.

I'm not saying these players should be banned or punished I can't fault them when the best option is 500k exp less who would blame them? Just removing the increased exp and doing nothing else about it is the wrong choice I believe. There are 100+ other players on this server who either didn't know, are new, didn't make it to 160 in time or feared consequences if they abused it. The players who did abuse it received so much exp that they are now days/week+ ahead of anyone else.

So I've come up with afew solutions and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged but being a troll isn't.

Solution one: Temporarily prevent players who abused the bug from gaining exp on the character they abused on and have a limited time exp event (or have exp coupons given out and limit it to only players who didn't abuse)

Solution two: Revert the change to the mutant pig exp

Solution three: Revert the levels of players who abused the bug back to 160 (level needed to enter future henesys)

Solution four: Calculate the exp the players who abused the bug really would of made and reduce levels accordingly

Last edited:

Skaia

Nov 25, 2022
I think that there should definitely be done something about this. You can't blame the players that discovered this and used it for being "lucky they found it or smart they are making use of it". But you could say something about the fact they didn't give the info through to Yuna.
I am not sure whether penalizing players for "abusing the bug" is a viable option.
However, I think that other players that didn't get to benefit from this unintended buffed exp gain (yet) should be compensated in some way.

I'd like to see the exp changes reverted back to what it was when the players benefitted from it, or give other players exp coupons/exp events to "catch up" of some sort. Maybe exclude the players that did benefit from it to bridge the gap a little.

Yuna has been pretty good at replying fast to the community that brought up problems paired with possible solutions, and as this is also a problem
worth mentioning, I think that together with the help of Yuna we can figure out something fitting as a solution.

Reactions: Aralaya and Abuse

Abuse

Nov 25, 2022
I think that there should definitely be done something about this. You can't blame the players that discovered this and used it for being "lucky they found it or smart they are making use of it". But you could say something about the fact they didn't give the info through to Yuna.
I am not sure whether penalizing players for "abusing the bug" is a viable option.
However, I think that other players that didn't get to benefit from this unintended buffed exp gain (yet) should be compensated in some way.

I'd like to see the exp changes reverted back to what it was when the players benefitted from it, or give other players exp coupons/exp events to "catch up" of some sort. Maybe exclude the players that did benefit from it to bridge the gap a little.

Yuna has been pretty good at replying fast to the community that brought up problems paired with possible solutions, and as this is also a problem
worth mentioning, I think that together with the help of Yuna we can figure out something fitting as a solution.
Thank you for the response. I want to make a point again to say that i'm not blaming the abusers and don't think they should be penalized I was simply adding as many suggestion as possible to not sound biased. no flame pls

Reactions: Aralaya

Ryude

Dec 5, 2022
I played the beta and always thought it was intended because the map only had 2 pigs for ST and slimes for cleaves.
ST would grind on pigs 660k when you reach 180 you could go to future Perion and continue grinding on another mob that has 2 spawn per map mob that give insane Exp (791k). Look up Sinister Steel Mask ;)

Reactions: Abuse

Henry

Oct 31, 2022
Solution 1,3,and 4 would not be a good solution because it would lead to these players probably quitting and bringing their group, and to a server that has around 100-150 players on average would not do any good to the player base. Solution 2 doesn't really make sense too because then at that point there will be no point for future perion mobs. Can't think of any change that would be justified.

Abuse

Nov 25, 2022
Solution 1,3,and 4 would not be a good solution because it would lead to these players probably quitting and bringing their group, and to a server that has around 100-150 players on average would not do any good to the player base. Solution 2 doesn't really make sense too because then at that point there will be no point for future perion mobs. Can't think of any change that would be justified.
I ask that you suggestion a solution than. As things are now it isn't fair for the 100+ others players.

Henry

Oct 31, 2022
Yea I can't think of any way to fix this honestly but four would make the most sense but how are you suppose to figure that out. And monitor every player that went to pigs and grinded there. I don't think its that simple.

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
In my opinion the pigs should be made better than they currently are, but worse than they were during the abuse. I don't see many smega or guild/buddy/alliance chat recruiting for Future Henesys or Twilight Perion parties, because neither seems too viable (although Sinister mask w/ single target DPS with 2~3 cleaves attacking rocky masks may be good EXP, need more people 191ish+ to find out). I think the EXP on pigs should be average out between current EXP & the abuse EXP & all other Henesys mobs should get a similarish EXP:HP ratio, potentially Twilight Perion buffed a tad too.

I never got to try the extra EXP pigs, but personally I don't see a need to take away from the hours of play the top players put in. It's been patched, in my opinion that is enough, some people got to benefit more, some less, some not at all, life isn't always fair, haha.

MeerkatMiles

Nov 19, 2022
4 seems obviously the best if possible as it just directly undoes the damage.

1 would be my next preference, but I think maybe just give everyone 2x cards except any player logged as having abused them, where abuse would be a not insignificant amount of time (minimum hours training/leeching, not minutes). This way players can use the 2x at their convenience.

Otherwise just leave it be imo, I don't think it's worth punishing players over it. Shit like this happens on pservers all the time, and it's not a good thing, but it's just hard to contain or undo unfair advantages in MapleStory.

kiwi

Dec 6, 2022
its honestly not even that big of a deal only ppl that did it was the lvl 200 party (they could bot in other maps and get good exp), and seph i dont think anyone else really abused it cause they were too low lvl.
u can see xxxx wasnt even there cause u can see hes got the highest total damage dealt and hes lower lvl
so in the end 1 person gained like 4 extra lvls its w.e, the bigger issue is lack of maps for most classes, currently arans (tempest working at lhc)and mages lvl incredibly easy while everyone else sorta struggles

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Since this was technically a bug that players could have easily taken as a feature, I cant deem this as "abuse". Additionally, there have been buffs made across the board as per our recent grinding progression patch. Thanks for your feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.