Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Shadower - Improvement of the 4th job Shadower's skill: Assassinate | YunaMS Forum

Shadower - Improvement of the 4th job Shadower's skill: Assassinate

Raaj

Jan 11, 2023
Hello,

I am ButterCHICKn in game and have had the experience of playing the Shadower class. Throughout my journey i've experienced ups an downs. I really enjoy the Shadower class but compared to other classes with mobbing skill, Band of Thieves were on the bottom pile of my experience list as a Shadower, because of the lack of dmg and only being able to really grind through Petri's at 110 with Megabuff made it hard but i came through. As I got to 120 i loved the Boomerang Step and was looking forward to the Assassinate dmg and macro between the 2 skills.

However my expectation were sadly not met, as I was told a 2nd job skill was outdoing the 4th job skill with the use of SE.

Assassinate and B Step is quite weaker than Savage Blow + B step macro (WITH SE). The concerns started early for me considering the fact Assassinate lines were doing quite similar lines as Boomerang Step only slightly more occasionally. I understand the above mentioned diff from the dmg outputs in the 2 macro's are considering the addition of SE, however this macro (Assassinate + B step) is what I feel as the bread and butter macro as a Shadower for being able to compete in single target dps. Even without SE the dmg output in the 2 different macro's were only slightly away from each other. This saddens me a lot as SE is such a useful buff that any class should be able to gain an advantage with. In our case though the use of SE means we are changing from using a 4th job skill macro to a 2nd job skill macro. That does not make sense in my book :(

I even tested dmg output without 'SE' and with my current range. Savage Blow + Boomerang step does approx. 3,63% less dmg than Assassinate + Boomerang step. It goes without saying, that SE adds a significant boost which is fair enough, however being a 4th job skill macro only slightly outdoing a 2nd job skill with 3,63% is very sad to experience.

I would really encourage or hope to see a buff taken place for Assassinate. Please let me know what you think about this as I understand this is just my opinion. Be noted I have also had other Shadowers in the game having taken the same concerns as I have.

Funk

Jan 24, 2023
I'm also a shadower (IGN:Funk), 3rd job was def not the best for this class because of BoT being kinda bad.. However, I share the same concern and have voiced it over on discord but to recap, I will admit that shadower's mobbing is really good, sadly Assassinate is really underwhelming when it comes to damage output. the fact that a 2nd job skill (Savage blow) is close to (or even better with se) than assassinate is really underwhelming. I've also voiced my concern about ninja ambush being really bad but that's a different story.

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
I am not sure exactly how Assasinate works, but from seeing Shadowers attack, it does seem a bit weak. As an Aran for example every 100 combos I can use Combo Fenrir which does 800% damage to 10 monsters & is a 3rdJob Skill. 100 combos doesn't take that long to gain because the three swings of Overswing is 5 hits & the Final Blow afterwards is 2 hits, for a total for 7 hits. With a Fast Polearm + Polearm booster I can do around 15 Overswings + Final Blows in 30 seconds which is 105 combo. If I am hitting 2 mobs (Scarga/Chaos Scarga) it will only take me 15 seconds, & if I'm hitting 3 mobs (CWKPQ bottom 3 bosses) it will only take 10 seconds to build.

I am not sure exactly how Assasinate's Crits & such work, but considering it is 12 seconds I feel that closer to 800% would be fine for Assassinate level 30.

googoo

Jan 20, 2023
i agree with the shadowers above me, as someone who has experienced the shadower class.

idk if a basic % increase is the easiest change or if it is possible that we can get our final crit hit every time we use assassinate(big crit numbers are fun to see)

thanks for reading