Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Small survivability buff to Dark Knights | YunaMS Forum

Small survivability buff to Dark Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creampie

Reaction score
Hi everyone im Cream and have a Dark Knight currently at 170.

Im writing here to ask for a small buff to Dark Knight's survivability in end-game bosses. ( Notably , Chaos Horntail / The Boss / Pink Bean )

Currently Dks have to keep their HP below 19500 to be able to berserk, that may sound like alot but the issue is you have to manual pot when you get hit and press the right potion to heal just the right amount to not go over the threshold.

In vanilla bosses like zakum / horntail . This is not a tedious task to do as you can take a 6000 dmg hit and still continue without potting as you will not die to the next attack.

But from Von Leon / CHT / The Boss / Toad , onwards . Almost every hit smacks you for 10-15k damage , while body touches can be lethal
( some boss even have 20k touch damages, those dark cornians in CHT even have 21000 dmg!!! ) Also, as we are melee ranged , we are always in a precarious situation too.

Any small ping spikes / or 1 sec lapse of concentration will kill us as we cannot rely on auto pot ( Im sure everyone here knows how good auto pot is in maplestory and not being able to rely on it is really painful )

Eventually by voting , even the squishy classes like archers and thieves will be able to get 30k hp ( with HB ) by using NX to wash but DKs will always be stuck at 19500.

Currently, we are a low reward high risk class . Because even when zerking , we are a mid tier dps at best .

I am not looking for a damage buff for DKs as it would affect the overall class balance , so what im suggesting is:

Increasing DK's achilles skill from 20% dmg reduction to 30%.

This will give DKs more options when getting hit by an attack in the end game. We will still be the squishiest warrior but there's more of a margin of error instead of potting every single attack manually or die in the next second.

@yuna , i hope you will consider my suggestion for this! Currently DKs are needed in the end game bosses as most people have not washed their hp yet. This change will help the class and maybe more people will consider playing a DK so there wont be a shortage of Hyper Body in bosses.

zhong222

Reaction score
Archer will not be 30k health even with washing, you will run out of mana to wash. Unless you went all int then washed, even with this, we do not have full ap resets and will probably take you an ungodly amount of nx. Dk have it easy on this server, yall get 30k health on 120, with achilies 30 nothing will one shot you, and theres peaches

Creampie

Reaction score
Archer will not be 30k health even with washing, you will run out of mana to wash. Unless you went all int then washed, even with this, we do not have full ap resets and will probably take you an ungodly amount of nx. Dk have it easy on this server, yall get 30k health on 120, with achilies 30 nothing will one shot you, and theres peaches
Hi thanks for the comment,

The current top archer ( Smexy ) already has 25k hp when i hb her at just lvl 191 . You get tons of int from aura rings / monster books, theres no doubt she will hit 30000 at the super late game. You can literally wash 4-5 times a day daily by voting , Not to mention some people have multiple accounts for voting.

There are also sweetwater stuff, stuff of them give 300 hp bonus.

zhong222

Reaction score
Ye, thats with hb. That would be me saying you can get an aran and get 30% dmg mitigation from them

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
Unfortunately, I can't agree that one of the tankiest classes needs more survivability. Managing your berserk and health is a key aspect to the class, so making things easier is not something I'm for. Additionally, you can purchase Peaches from Miu Miu which will immediately set your health to the given percentage, which makes things easier to manage. Sorry!

Reactions: 4thJobHokage
Status
Not open for further replies.