Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Suggestions - How do players want to experience the game? | YunaMS Forum

Suggestions - How do players want to experience the game?

Emma

Oct 22, 2022

As part of the community, I need to attract new players - especially after the Beta, so I decided to list some recommendations here after surveying old and new players in the game.

How do players want to experience the game?​

- Hard, but fun
- Challenges but achievable
- A rewarding routine
- Boss Coin System
- Not P2W
- No HP WASH
- An active team that knows how to respond quickly, and listen
- Power-up options as a reward for progressing in the game (leveling up)

Weekly quests​

- Let the player choose weekly quests from the list after the weekly reset.​

In addition - adapt the offers for weekly quests to the player's level.

What does it mean?
From a list of 10 options, it will be possible to choose 6 or 7 quests which will reward the player with a certain % for each quest completed.

For example (for each quest completed):
Level 10-50​
Level 50-100​
Level 100-200​
Level 200-225​
Level 225-250​
60%​
50%​
35%​
25%​
15%​

This way we can ensure that players connect and take advantage of the weekly quests to continue playing and progressing.

In addition, I would recommend that the player receive an extra reward for completing all the quests from a pool of prizes.
For example: will be able to win randomly by opening a box (after receiving it and completing all quests) with
WS / Gach tickets / CS / Boss coins and more.

- remove the command @weekly and put the quests in the "In Progress" tab in quests (Q).
After the weekly reset - the blue light will simply come up with these options.
* Fewer commands = more convenient for the player. *

Daily bosses​

- Turn the coins you get from the bosses into physical ones - the ones you get for inventory.
- Create an NPC in a room inside the FM where it will be possible to buy with the coins you get from the bosses - CS/WS/15% scrolls/CSS scrolls (like we have in JARVIS)
- Add a 60% Scroll to this NPC that gives the option to add HP/MP (20 coins) instead of HP WASH or auto wash (gives an additional small challenge)
(Remove the option to do HP WASH of course with APR)

This way the challenge to collect the coins will always be in front of the eyes and will make people continue to connect every day and finish their dailies to keep moving forward.
In addition - I would recommend that for every boss completion - we will receive a gift box as I mentioned above in the weekly quests.

- Fair loot
Items dropped by bosses will be in a "loot pool" so that all the items will be distributed equally and randomly after clicking on the NPC and leaving the place.
must do a certain amount of DMG to participate in the loot

- Allow more than 6 people to enter inside (up to 12 or 18)

High-level gear​

- I don't see the need for 2 types of equipment for a high level - Timeless and Sweetwater.

I would recommend giving up Sweetwater so as not to create too many options that will confuse and make players feel like they are constantly chasing and wasting money on equipment that may not be relevant to them.

In my opinion, a good option like Timeless gear will both increase their value and make people always create new ones in hopes of creating a better one.
Worth putting it to a vote.

Family System​

The way this system currently works is wrong.
This system should properly reward the REPS that Junior managed to collect.
Here is my suggestion:
1 - Daily reset together with the dailies at a fixed time.
2 - Currently a player must be on the same map for you to add them to the family
Change the way you can invite a player to be your junior - that he/she won't have to be on the same map with you.
3 - A more rewarding system in terms of EXP, this is how it will work:
Effect
Time
Rep
Effect
Uses per day
Remarks
Teleport​
X​
500​
Teleport to a family member.​
5​
Have to be in your family to tp​
EXP Rate 2x​
15min​
1000​
2x your exp rate​
2​
Drop Rate 2x​
15min​
1000​
2x your drop rate​
2​
EXP Rate 2x​
30min​
2500​
2x your exp rate​
1​
Drop Rate 2x​
30min​
2500​
2x your drop rate​
1​
Family share -
EXP & Drop Rate 2x​
60min​
8000​
2x your exp and drop rate​
1​
I got 60 minutes of 2x but family members will be able to enjoy it too.
All family members will be able to receive it.
* A message will pop up for everyone showing the map where the effect was activated - the family members will have 60 seconds to reach that map and confirm if they want to receive it at this moment.​
Gift EXP Rate 2x​
30min​
3000​
Gift another player with 2x exp rate for 30min​
1​
Gift Drop Rate 2x​
30min​
3000​
Gift another player with 2x drop rate for 30min​
1​
My Party EXP Rate 2x​
30min​
5000​
30 minutes 2x exp for me and my party​
1​
My Party Drop Rate 2x​
30min​
5000​
30 minutes 2x drop rate for me and my party​
1​
+20% Weapon/Magic ATT​
10min​
3500​
Strengthen yourself with +20% Weapon/Total magic Attack​
2​
Can be used in bosses and pqs.​

Important note: the EXP&Drop Rate 2x will not work in bosses and pqs.​

- As a Senior you can invite another char of yours as a Junior and do a rep farm.
Which will make people more connected - and open more chars :)

More Suggestions​

- Dimensional Mirror​

Make it easier for players to move to key points in Maple World.
I would recommend adding the following places:
RNJ / PPQ / TOZ / EPQ / APQ

- Multi-client​

Do not allow players to play with themselves (multi-client) in bosses/weeklies/pqs
We are trying to create a cohesive community here and without trying to do things together - everyone will end up playing with themselves.
In addition - if you don't block the possibility to play with multi-clients - strong players will get a significant advantage and will be able to progress faster in opening new chars

- White Scroll​

For every WS that fails when trying to scroll an item- I would recommend adding a 1-1.5% success rate to the next try.
The intention is to give higher chances of success in every failed scroll.
For example, 15% will be after failure 16.5% then 18%, and so on...
only if it's the same item and the same scroll, it will work like this.

- Level 40 skill books​

Part of trying to set us apart is to be different.
To provide a more balanced environment and to give a real opportunity to players starting to level up with a little less difficult and more goals - I recommend adding level 40 skill books to each class.

For example:
Bishop - Angel Ray, Genesis.
NL - Triple Throw, Shadow Stars, Shadow Partner.
BM - Bow Expert, Concentrate, Hurricane.
BW - Dragon Blaze, Flame Vortex.
and so on...

- Delete the normal TP ROCK from the Cash Shop​

It is not needed because there is a VIP TL ROCK in both JARVIS and Cash Shop.

- Put Safety Charm and Wheel of Destiny together in USE Tab > ETC.​

- Add Royal Style Coupon to cash shop and NPC inside the room in FM.​

The NPC will offer 10 different types of hair and 10 different types of eyes (male and female) which are relatively special so that players don't feel that if they don't pay they don't look good (not like the Donation)

- Monster Memories - *I would put this part up for a community vote*​

At the moment the Monster Memories are not balanced and not built correctly in my opinion.
The challenge should be in such a way that people will want to finish the whole book - when a person is rewarded for each monster separately there is a cheap feeling of getting STATS.
BUT - Monster Memories is not worth the time to collect the cards for such low stats.
In order for the challenge to be worth it should look like this:
Tier NumberColor# of SetsBonus Stats Added to Monster Memories (each monster card set)PAGE COMPLETE
1Red20+1 All stats, +1 Acc, +1 Avoid
*New players can get Boost at the beginning (easy to collect)
+2 All Stats, +100 HP/MP, +30 Acc, +30 Avoid
2Orange44+5HP - 220+3 All Stats
3Light Green81+1 WDEF, +1 MDEF+4 All Stats
4Dark Green65+2 HP/MP - 130+5 All Stats
5Light Blue46+1 WDEF, +1 MDEF, +5 HP/MP - 230+5 All Stats
6Dark Blue28+5 HP/MP - 140+5 All Stats
7Purple25+1 WDEF, +1 MDEF +4HP/MP - 100+6 All Stats, +2 Weapon att, +4 Magic att
8Black38+1 Acc, +1 Avoid,+ 5 HP/MP - 190+3 Weapon Att, +6 Magic att
9Gold47+ 5 HP/MP - 235+5 Weapon att, +15Magic att, +50 Avoi

The maximum stats you can gain is these stats (Monster Memories Complete):
+50 all stats
+10 w.att
+25 magic att
+1000 HP/MP
+100 WDEF/MDEF
+130 Acc
+130 Avoid

In this way - we can ensure that the challenge is really worth it.

Some small things and it would be nice if they changed -
- Cant drop arrows as a stack - only one by one.
1666871521808.png

- The toolbar should be cut to be more convenient in the middle of the bottom screen.
1666871665021.png

Thank you very much for reading, I hope most of my suggestions will be accepted.
I really believe that with you Yuna, we will build a united community and a successful server in a short time.
Of course, if there are any other recommendations, I will post them here on the forum :)

Good luck to us <3

Last edited:
Reactions: second finger

second finger

Sep 29, 2022
Most of these suggestions would make the server a carbon copy of DreamMS.

Whether that is the intent or not is one thing, but I believe that player lifespans on Dream are shorter because of how fast progression is. Fast progression leads to demand for new content, constant rebalancing, power creeping, which makes earlier game content less enjoyable/less nostalgic/more of a chore and the early game process is important for player retention.

Weekly quests that provide exp make the leveling process trivial, especially at higher levels, and fast leveling isn't nostalgic. Lvl 200 should be very hard to attain, imo, even if the max lvl is 250. I think it should take a year or year and a half to get to 200, not 2 months of casual gameplay (as is seen in Dream).

Leveling should be long/hard, but fun at the same time. The party bonus exp system is sufficient already for that. Weeklies with good rewards can seem like a chore that players should need to do.

The monster memories is worth it, because of the simple fact it reduces the need for HP washing, in which players should not need to wash right now. Bonus stats are a plus. I think inflating the stat bonuses "to make it worth the time" is asking to make the server easier with inflated stats.

I like lvl 40 skillbooks but the implementation of it should not simply be "free", meaning players shouldn't have access to lvl 40 skillbooks at lvl 133 just by buying the book that was produced from a CHT rub. This makes early-mid game content easier when it should be relatively more challenging. I would prefer lvl 40 skillbooks have a high level requirement, like 170 or 180 or even 200, as i think it would give players a next tier of progression at a higher level and increase their desire to level. However, Yuna has already said they've put in a lot of work on skills, and implementing lvl 40 skillbooks is likely an overhaul on all the balance and that's a hefty task to pursue.

I don't think Sweetwater, as a concept, should be better than Timeless, but having more options for more lategame items means more diversity. I think the more important issue is how timeless and sweetwater equips are obtained and the very tragic fact that Reverse items are just not existent. I think when someone has a Timeless or a sweetwater, or even a Reverse, it should speak to the effort and investment used to just having the weapon itself, and not everyone should all be running around with a timeless.
I think as many items as possible should be viable but different/unique for mid to late game, Sweetwater, Timeless, Reverse, Skis, Surfboards, even Dragon Equipment, PACs, BWGs, SCGs, Facestompers, class specific boots, MoNs, CHTPs.

When it comes to white scrolls, the discussion should be much more nuanced when it comes to implementing fail rates.
How easy it is to get spirit points, fail stacks, 15% scrolls, all those are a factor in how hard or long it takes to make a perfect weapon. If a perfect weapon is easily achieved with a few weeks or months of play, it is much less rewarding, and a short time frame also leads to shorter player retention spans. I think perfect +9 items should be achievable/guaranteed with enough time spent, but not the norm that everyone is walking around with one.

Reactions: Emma

Emma

Oct 22, 2022
Most of these suggestions would make the server a carbon copy of DreamMS.

Whether that is the intent or not is one thing, but I believe that player lifespans on Dream are shorter because of how fast progression is. Fast progression leads to demand for new content, constant rebalancing, power creeping, which makes earlier game content less enjoyable/less nostalgic/more of a chore and the early game process is important for player retention.

Weekly quests that provide exp make the leveling process trivial, especially at higher levels, and fast leveling isn't nostalgic. Lvl 200 should be very hard to attain, imo, even if the max lvl is 250. I think it should take a year or year and a half to get to 200, not 2 months of casual gameplay (as is seen in Dream).

Leveling should be long/hard, but fun at the same time. The party bonus exp system is sufficient already for that. Weeklies with good rewards can seem like a chore that players should need to do.

The monster memories is worth it, because of the simple fact it reduces the need for HP washing, in which players should not need to wash right now. Bonus stats are a plus. I think inflating the stat bonuses "to make it worth the time" is asking to make the server easier with inflated stats.

I like lvl 40 skillbooks but the implementation of it should not simply be "free", meaning players shouldn't have access to lvl 40 skillbooks at lvl 133 just by buying the book that was produced from a CHT rub. This makes early-mid game content easier when it should be relatively more challenging. I would prefer lvl 40 skillbooks have a high level requirement, like 170 or 180 or even 200, as i think it would give players a next tier of progression at a higher level and increase their desire to level. However, Yuna has already said they've put in a lot of work on skills, and implementing lvl 40 skillbooks is likely an overhaul on all the balance and that's a hefty task to pursue.

I don't think Sweetwater, as a concept, should be better than Timeless, but having more options for more lategame items means more diversity. I think the more important issue is how timeless and sweetwater equips are obtained and the very tragic fact that Reverse items are just not existent. I think when someone has a Timeless or a sweetwater, or even a Reverse, it should speak to the effort and investment used to just having the weapon itself, and not everyone should all be running around with a timeless.
I think as many items as possible should be viable but different/unique for mid to late game, Sweetwater, Timeless, Reverse, Skis, Surfboards, even Dragon Equipment, PACs, BWGs, SCGs, Facestompers, class specific boots, MoNs, CHTPs.

When it comes to white scrolls, the discussion should be much more nuanced when it comes to implementing fail rates.
How easy it is to get spirit points, fail stacks, 15% scrolls, all those are a factor in how hard or long it takes to make a perfect weapon. If a perfect weapon is easily achieved with a few weeks or months of play, it is much less rewarding, and a short time frame also leads to shorter player retention spans. I think perfect +9 items should be achievable/guaranteed with enough time spent, but not the norm that everyone is walking around with one.
I really liked your response and I think that between my thought and how the game should look to your thought - there is a lot of similarity and you can find the middle between them.

As for Dream MS - I didn't intend for it to look similar or anything like that - I just want to see a lot of players come in - and it will bring them.

Regarding reaching level 200 within a year +
I don't agree with that... you can reach up to 250 here...
Level 200 should be within two to three months if a person plays a lot.
1-250 yes - there should be 1year+.

I hope that Yuna will find the right thing to do so that the server will be fun, challenging and one that will attract a lot of new players to join!

Thank you, people like you will make the server much better in the future 🤍🙏

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
@Emma

Thank you for this detailed post! I'm happy to see players providing their detailed suggestions. Here are my comments:

• Weeklies - Letting players choose their weeklies will skew the challenges in a way that would benefit the player always - we will keep this randomized so that players always have a fair set of weeklies

• Daily Bosses - already have a multiclient check; however, I will add this for PQs as well. Implementing the other proposed change would indeed be as if we copy Dream, and we don't want that so will keep as is since the functionality is already there and working

• High Level Gear - this is definitely something that needs to be adjusted. Will be going off of this post here, so please post any additional feedback there

• Family System - It is intentional not to provide these types of buffs/rate increases as we do not want family to play a major role in progression. By providing minor benefits, it ensures the content remains alive while not being an absolute requirement, especially for casual players. I do however like the idea of not requiring players to be in the same map, so this will change.

• Dimensional Mirror - I like this idea; just need more feedback on a good balance. We don't want to take away from players reaching out to others to teleport, or usage of rocks, so we can keep this one open for more feedback (@RequiresMoreFeedback)

• White Scroll - Will not add this as it could highly benefit the wrong category of players, with minimal benefit to others

• Level 40 Skill Books - so this was something I was considering back before beta but decided not to implement. Frankly it would require a complete overhaul of all skills and books, changes to code and how skills/books are received, etc. Prefer to keep as is, especially since we have the Explorers Blessing skill

• Delete Rock - Don't see a reason to remove something players may still use

• Put Safety Charm and Wheel together - Agreed! Will change

• Add Royal Style Coupon - I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, is this the coupon in the NLC mall? Via Big Headward?

• Monster Memories - I had gained feedback on this and made adjustments that feel comfortable. The intention is to give players a modest bonus, then cap it at certain stats, so the incentive shifts to the other non-maxed stats. Will keep as is

• Arrow Drops - Fixed :) You can try it now in beta

• Toolbar - This is one of the characteristics of YMS; I would prefer not to look similar to other servers

Thank you again for your feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma

Emma

Oct 22, 2022
@Emma

Thank you for this detailed post! I'm happy to see players providing their detailed suggestions. Here are my comments:

• Weeklies - Letting players choose their weeklies will skew the challenges in a way that would benefit the player always - we will keep this randomized so that players always have a fair set of weeklies

• Daily Bosses - already have a multiclient check; however, I will add this for PQs as well. Implementing the other proposed change would indeed be as if we copy Dream, and we don't want that so will keep as is since the functionality is already there and working

• High Level Gear - this is definitely something that needs to be adjusted. Will be going off of this post here, so please post any additional feedback there

• Family System - It is intentional not to provide these types of buffs/rate increases as we do not want family to play a major role in progression. By providing minor benefits, it ensures the content remains alive while not being an absolute requirement, especially for casual players. I do however like the idea of not requiring players to be in the same map, so this will change.

• Dimensional Mirror - I like this idea; just need more feedback on a good balance. We don't want to take away from players reaching out to others to teleport, or usage of rocks, so we can keep this one open for more feedback (@RequiresMoreFeedback)

• White Scroll - Will not add this as it could highly benefit the wrong category of players, with minimal benefit to others

• Level 40 Skill Books - so this was something I was considering back before beta but decided not to implement. Frankly it would require a complete overhaul of all skills and books, changes to code and how skills/books are received, etc. Prefer to keep as is, especially since we have the Explorers Blessing skill

• Delete Rock - Don't see a reason to remove something players may still use

• Put Safety Charm and Wheel together - Agreed! Will change

• Add Royal Style Coupon - I'm not sure what you're referring to exactly, is this the coupon in the NLC mall? Via Big Headward?

• Monster Memories - I had gained feedback on this and made adjustments that feel comfortable. The intention is to give players a modest bonus, then cap it at certain stats, so the incentive shifts to the other non-maxed stats. Will keep as is

• Arrow Drops - Fixed :) You can try it now in beta

• Toolbar - This is one of the characteristics of YMS; I would prefer not to look similar to other servers

Thank you again for your feedback
Thanks for the quick reply!

- The recommendation for the toolbar is for convenience only.. I'm sure it's not the only thing that makes the server unique - and even then you can make the toolbar special with a little creativity!

-About the hair and eyes styles I meant to make NPC with 10 fine looking styles that we can use with ticket from cash shop😅

- without more skill books what benefits will be for level 200+?
I mean, what are my goals after level 200? (besides getting good gear)
custmize skill books will be the answer - but if it׳s something that is technically difficult, that is something else.

- Maybe I exaggerated with the use of reps in the family system - but I think that taking this direction and turning this system into something that is a little more useful - will help a lot (especially 2x exp).
Right now - it's worthless...

Of course, everything I've written here is to attract more players, I know that's how we'll bring them.

You can take whatever you want from this suggestions and make it our style!

Again, thanks for listening - that's the only way we can go far.

Reactions: yuna