Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
There's a problem with the in-game economy. How can low levels make money? | YunaMS Forum

There's a problem with the in-game economy. How can low levels make money?

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
In the current state of the game, it's really hard for anyone unable to do consistent bossing and expeditions to make actual money in game. Let's say for simplification, a "low level character (LLC)" is a non-mage under 150. I'm not saying LLCs should be able to become billionaires, but give us a chance to make 50m to get some basic funded equips like a 10 atk glove or something.

Some thoughts:

1. PQ Point Trade now has a small chance as a Chaos/White Scroll
2. All low level mobs have an incredibly low chance at a Chaos/White Scroll
3. Or certain low level mobs, maybe even ones that aren't ideal for exp training, have a low chance at a Chaos/White Scroll

If the server has some sort of preference to avoiding an influx of CS and WS, then certain farmable low level mobs should drop SOMETHING that high level characters need but would prefer to purchase over farm out of convenience.

What does everyone think?

Kitsune

Dec 23, 2022
Honestly, from past experiences, just adding Chaos Scrolls to the mob pools that they naturally dropped from made huge improvements to the overall economy.

Just remember: as people have more money, everything just becomes more expensive. You'll start seeing gear and items priced seriously at the 1,000,000,000+ mark.

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
yeah i mean, that's almost inevitable in an in-game economy that doesn't really have an effective way to remove wealth, like how inflation is inevitable and why apples don't cost $0.02 each or houses in California aren't $8,000 anymore. every server will end up becoming MapleRoyals.

Kitsune

Dec 23, 2022
A drastic comparison, but sure, let's go with that.
As things are now, it's very possible to make money being a non-mage pre-150. It's just a question of playstyle and time dedicated.
Also a matter if someone is selling what you're looking for.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
How would a new player who just joined and made a Spearman make money? Let's say he's finished PQing and is level 100. Remember he's new and has no equips and is weak. Not everyone has multiple hours to play a day. A lot of us have jobs and real life to split time with.

Kitsune

Dec 23, 2022
Either sell your PQ ETC rewards, or don't rely on PQ for your first character.
Level 100 doesn't immediately mean that you're week; it just means that you're trying to rush to the end game without putting any proper work in.
Same goes if your immediate instinct is "I need to PQ til 80+ and then get leeched until 130 -- and THEN I can start playing".

I've had several instances where I've had a level 50+ Page make around 30m+ just from selling Equips dropped while farming mobs for quests or regular grinding.

Things aren't THAT expensive here; you just gotta put in the work. And not even a lot of work.

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
Where is a new level 50 page grinding at that yields 30m in a respectable amount of time? Certainly not GS2 because I tried that, and I tried that with level 14 Blessing of Fairy and it was still extremely slow.

Catzi

Dec 17, 2022
I agrre with jkim000 that new players who PQ s to lvl 80+ and leech to lvl 120 wont get enough meso into boss.

I face the same situation. But I am lucky to met good guild that willing to fund me some. And I make mage at the same time, that can farm and grind in GS2.

I think:
1. may add WS/CS into PQ point reward.(such as 100 PQ point to 1 WS. In this situation even simplest PQ like PPQ or HPQ need 5-6 mins to get 1 PQ point. They need at least 500mins to get WS. It not worthy compared with bossing.)
2. PQ point not randomly exchange, especially for maple weapon. Because, PQ point is designed for new player to get maple weapon right? If random, then it lost the purpose.
3. Obtained limit PQ point per day. (like 35 PQ point per day)
4. Can exchange PQ etc with PQ point
(like 2 PQ point for 1 EPQ etc // 4 PQ point for 1 OPQ etc)

Last edited:

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
I personally don't see it at an issue. I started the game as an Aran with 0 blessing of the fairy, I didn't make a mage, & I did fine. It's even easier now than it was when I joined I would say. A new player can use @whodrops & search for Diamond Ores, Black Crystal Ores, Adamantium Ores, Mithril Ores, Gold Ores, & Orihalcon Ores, pick mobs near their level & just choose to grind out those levels on mobs if they want to prioritize mesos > EXP some days.

Ellin PQ, PPQ & OPQ etc can all sell & it's a very fast way to level anyways.

Doing weeklies helps as well. Some of those weekly quests can be completed very quickly, & some of them moderate amounts, but with a Chaos scroll being 80m & costing 60 spirit points, that puts 1 spirit point at around 1.33m. So a new player could do a bunch of those quests, & fi they don't want to wait to hit 60 points, just sell Supreme Monster Crystals at 2.66m+ each to get the same ratio.

When I joined it was at the start so no high levels, nobody needed to buy ores for level 3 maker, hero's will, makering reverse, etc. PQ stuff wasn't trade-able. There weren't high level that needed supreme monster crystals to craft supreme monster crystals. I would say that the game is in a really good state where any new player that does their research can make a good amount of mesos in comparison to the amount of work put in.

As a side note, I think lower level players needing a lot of mesos isn't really a priority. On my first character since I didn't have many mesos yet & did a bunch of PQs (so I didn't get a lot of that nice GS2 money) the main focus I found was just leveling, even if gear wasn't the greatest. Getting to a higher level more quickly gives you more opportunities to make mesos, so imo instead of grinding for mesos at low levels, just do whatever is the best EXP, and when you're at a level where you're bossing & DPS matter more, then do some grinding for mesos (or since you're at bossing level, just go boss & you make mesos through drops & spirit points doing that).

Reactions: Kitsune and Aralaya

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
i kinda agree with 4th job. its pretty easy to make mesos even if you're putting in around 1-2 hours a day with pq etcs being sellable and desirable, and ores being farmable. i know ive spent easily 500m+ just on ores and crafting mats since this server launched.

although, i think the pq point system is nice in theory, i think it was executed horribly. maple items drop so commonly by normal mobs, i've never seen a point in using pq points on them. especially since the prize is random. i think the pq point exchange needs a rework and that could potentially fix early game accounts.

at this moment i dont really have any suggestions on changes for the pq point system, just putting out there that I think it was executed poorly.

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
and i would like to see cs/ws drop other than from bosses. its so hard getting into bosses if you're not apart of a guild. i've been baited into so many boss runs on this server that i hardly want to do them anymore. and if you boss with LevelUp guild you wont even be given a chance at loot unless you're a nl or some other super high dps class. i didn't even see teamo let other people roll for cs/ws in cht, he just insta looted them when boss died and then let people roll. now i dont know if this was planned beforehand, but if this is happening with other parties outside of LevelUp's guild then this server has some real problems with cs/ws.

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
and i would like to see cs/ws drop other than from bosses. its so hard getting into bosses if you're not apart of a guild. i've been baited into so many boss runs on this server that i hardly want to do them anymore. and if you boss with LevelUp guild you wont even be given a chance at loot unless you're a nl or some other super high dps class. i didn't even see teamo let other people roll for cs/ws in cht, he just insta looted them when boss died and then let people roll. now i dont know if this was planned beforehand, but if this is happening with other parties outside of LevelUp's guild then this server has some real problems with cs/ws.
I don't have personal experience with Teamo but I've seen a lot of people in different guilds bitch, whine, and moan about that snowflake so I wouldn't put too much thought into thinking he or she represents the rest of the server. I generally find people on private servers to be fairly respectful and honorable when it comes to things like an honor system.

That said, just had a realization that I wanted to share to all new players who might be reading this thread, but one small way to make a little money early on is to do the weekly incentives (you can check your progress typing @weeklies in game), which should net you like 25 a week if you do them all. You can then sell those spirit points (after converting them to coins (is this right?) or if that doesn't work, just save up 60-80 points to get a CS or WS and sell that...

Still not ideal considering it would net you roughly 70-100M after 2.5-3 weeks of playing, but it's something. There's still an issue here with being able to earn an actual amount of money for new players who don't want to have to make a mage to fund themselves.

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
You can then sell those spirit points (after converting them to coins (is this right?)
convert them to the supreme monster crystal for 2 sp each.
sell each monster crystal for 2-4m each.

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
Still not ideal considering it would net you roughly 70-100M after 2.5-3 weeks of playing, but it's something. There's still an issue here with being able to earn an actual amount of money for new players who don't want to have to make a mage to fund themselves.

that's only if you're doing weeklies and then logging off. if you do any pq you're getting more sp. if you're doing any dailies, you're getting sp. it's not as hard as you think it is. even if you only play for 2 hours a day, you should be able to do more than just weeklies.

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
that's only if you're doing weeklies and then logging off. if you do any pq you're getting more sp. if you're doing any dailies, you're getting sp. it's not as hard as you think it is. even if you only play for 2 hours a day, you should be able to do more than just weeklies.
You get Spirit Points for doing PQs? Like KPQ, LPQ, EPQ, RNJ? I haven't gotten any... do you need to exchange the PQ drops somewhere or something?

But if this is true, then Spirit Points through Weeklies, Dailies, and potentially PQs may very well indeed be enough to fund a new character :) a money-making guide in the guide section might be useful.

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
You get Spirit Points for doing PQs? Like KPQ, LPQ, EPQ, RNJ?
i might be wrong, i think its just pq points. im sorry i haven't pq'd in so long.

Aralaya

Oct 21, 2022
i was incorrect.

these are all the ways to get sp.
i was confusing mvpq/gpq/cwkpq as pqs and not dailies.

Untitled.png

jkim000

Dec 18, 2022
Ya those aren't early game capable. Without PQs giving Spirit Points, I'm not sure whether the weeklies and dailies (only accessible after lv 100) are enough to be able to earn meaningful money. Idk, maybe it all circles back to CS/WS drops on mobs, lol.

Kitsune

Dec 23, 2022
Give a gach ticket every 5 to 10 levels.
That would also provide a meaningful incentive.

Catzi

Dec 17, 2022
The weeklies for low level player is not good. One of the quest is gacha 5 times. I dont know how to finish it when I was below lvl 50 with few meso(below 2m)