Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Thunder Breaker Accuracy/Avoid Formulae aren't correct | YunaMS Forum

Thunder Breaker Accuracy/Avoid Formulae aren't correct

Natalka

Jan 22, 2023
IGN: Natalka (but doubtful it's character-specific)
Class: Thunder Breaker
Level: 250

Thunder Breaker doesn't seem to be using the correct pre-BB formulae for Avoidability and Accuracy stats. As a STR Knuckle class alternate to Brawler-Marauder-Buccaneer line you would expect it to use the same formulae, but I noticed my Avoidability and Accuracy were always much lower than Buccaneers. Honestly I assume this is actually Nexon's fault and they just didn't care enough to change it in vanilla due to Level 120 cap, but it hurts Thunder Breaker a lot at Twilight Perion grind (I still don't hit Ancient Mixed Golems very consistently lol) and endgame bossing.

Base Accuracy:
Warriors/Magicians/Beginners = DEX 0.8 + LUK * 0.5
Brawlers = DEX * 0.9 + LUK * 0.3
Bowmen/Thieves/Pirates/Gunslingers = DEX * 0.6 + LUK * 0.3

Base Avoid:
Warriors[/Magicians/Bowmen/Thieves/Beginners] = DEX * 0.25 + LUK * 0.5
Pirates = DEX * 0.25 + LUK * 0.5
Brawlers = DEX * 1.5 + LUK * 0.5
Gunslingers = DEX * 0.125 + LUK * 0.5*

From: https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-formula-compilation/

natalka.png

I have 152 flat Avoid from my equipment and Quick Motion skill, so my Avoid from stats right now seems to be 208.
I have 114 flat Accuracy from my equipment and Quick Motion + Knuckle Mastery, so my Accuracy from stats right now seems to be 275.
Assuming I didn't miscount anything lol, but it definitely doesn't line-up with the Brawler formulae.

Attachments

• natalka.png
    natalka.png
    283.1 KB · Views: 1

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
I don't think I'm seeing the issue here.

Firstly, if we were to use the formula for brawlers provided by ayumilove, then that means your bases should be as follows:

Acc = (302 * 0.9) + (194 * 0.3) = 330 + 20 from bullet time = 350 + 20 from mastery = 370
Avoid = (302 * 0.125) + (194 * 0.5) =135 + 20 from bullet time = 155

In both cases, you have more in your stats window, likely coming from other sources which we still need to account for.
The question remains though, where are you getting the 275/208 acc/avoid, respectively, from?

Lets try getting to the bottom of this~ Thanks!

Reactions: Natalka

Natalka

Jan 22, 2023
I don't think I'm seeing the issue here.

Firstly, if we were to use the formula for brawlers provided by ayumilove, then that means your bases should be as follows:

Acc = (302 * 0.9) + (194 * 0.3) = 330 + 20 from bullet time = 350 + 20 from mastery = 370
Avoid = (302 * 0.125) + (194 * 0.5) =135 + 20 from bullet time = 155

In both cases, you have more in your stats window, likely coming from other sources which we still need to account for.
The question remains though, where are you getting the 275/208 acc/avoid, respectively, from?

Lets try getting to the bottom of this~ Thanks!

For the first example, like I said, I have 114 accuracy increase from Natalka's equipment, Knuckle Mastery, and Quick Motion skill. So the 275 accuracy is without those things included. In terms of equipment, I'm talking for example Chaos Zakum Helmet, Chaos Horntail Pendant, Maker'd gears, Sweetwater Belt, etc.

I would suspect it's using the base accuracy formula for Pirate;
Bowmen/Thieves/Pirates/Gunslingers = DEX * 0.6 + LUK * 0.3
Although that should produce 249 accuracy with the old stats. It can't be using the Beginner/Warrior one though because that (DEX * 0.8 + LUK * 0.5) would produce 338 accuracy, which is way too high for the final total with my gear. I suspect that it does use the base Pirate formula for accuracy but I miscounted a gear piece somewhere, I'll go check in a moment.

Avoidability formula; when you deduced it would be 155 from stats, that was using the Gunslinger formula (which is the "worst" one in the game) not the Brawler formula. The Brawler formula is (DEX * 1.5 + LUK * 0.5). And honestly the difference certainly shows ingame and is quite hilarious, my Level 41 Brawler has 312 avoidability (292 excluding the 20 from Monster Manual).

Anyways, at this point I realized I forgot Blessing of the Fairy the last time, so I just hopped ingame to get a new pic of the stats, I just went with clean stats this time and will redo everything.

1682652507717.png

Now with buffs in mind and assuming no weirdness... to get the accuracy and avoidability from stats,

(Quick Motion + Knuckle Mastery + Blessing of the Fairy 23 = 63 Accuracy/43 Avoid
Equipment bonuses from everything = 74 Accuracy/132 Avoid
For a total of 137 Accuracy/177 Avoid over stats)

Expected Accuracy from stats: 240
Avoidability from stats: 179

Assuming Pirate formulae
[280 * 0.6 + 193 * 0.3] = 225.9 Accuracy
[280 * 0.25 + 193 * 0.5] = 166.5 Avoidability

If it *was* Brawler formulae
[280 * 0.9 + 193 * 0.3] = 309.9 Accuracy
[280 * 1.5 + 193 * 0.5] = 516.5 Avoidability

It's definitely not applying Brawler formula, nor can it be using the Beginner/Warrior one because otherwise the accuracy Natalka would have would be much higher (320.5+137). She has always had noticeably worse accuracy than my Paladin at the same points. As for why there's a small discrepancy between the accuracy and avoidability from the stats in the formula and the actual stats on the character, it'll just be some weirdness with how Maplestory handles stat rounding, or maybe it could be a skill or equipment bug somewhere. I really can't see anything missing from Natalka's equipment tab. Hope that helps.