Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
True Beginner Class | YunaMS Forum

True Beginner Class

Dame

Feb 14, 2023
I had a thought.
In part it was a thought like any other, but it was also a meme.
This thought I had:

"A beginner would not be overpowered even if it could hit past 1,000,000 damage."

I also had another thought (it's a thing I do), about a favourite place of mine: SHOWA.

Now, if we mash these two ideas together we get:

The Showa exchange quest could have new items added to it.

Screenshot_20240417-090425.jpg
Look at that! A beautiful location for a beautiful item to be, giving Showa life and purpose once again! 💕

Perhaps this could bring life to the 3rd idea:

The Android Armor Set is a CLASSIC and was traditionally made with Maker skill.

Screenshot_20240417-090900.jpg

This brings up many questions of course, such as,

"What will it be crafted with? And where will we get these pieces from?"

Showa exchange quests
are certainly one option for crafting material. Perhaps a helmet requirement from one turn-in, boots crafting item from another, and so on.

The other "location" I have in mind is a throwback to the classicist of classics - GACHAPON

Iruvata boosters were a rare item from Gach originally. This could create another item that people look to obtain and buy/sell. Yay, new microeconomy!

So, maybe 2 items needed to craft each piece of the Android Set? Maybe powders as well, like the Sweetwaters?

-> (x) Iruvata Boosters /
unique item requirement /
(500) powder

(It is just a dumb beginner we're talking about)

BUT, there is also the question of:
NEW WEAPONS

If new content is what you are after, consider a thematic choice like the Unwelcomed Guest PQ.

Map_Spaceship_Dimensional_Crack.png

I have absolutely no concept of how difficult it is to add that PQ or some variation of it*
-> Maybe Pink Zakum instead?

1661292293825.png

I imagine Unwelcomed Guest / VIP weapons won't be added for other purposes, so maybe a Beginner Only version drops from these?

Maybe instead a craft like the armors?

This could create a line of weapons similar to the mages Elemental Staves, with the top end VIPs reaching comical levels of Attack stat.

Imagine either a fast Dagger and a slow One-Handed Blunt option to choose from,

[ OR ]

a fast Two-Handed Sword / slow Two-Handed Blunt

Choices!
The best answer depends on whether shields should be a concern for this new "class".
VIP shields do exist!

This brings us to what I PRAY is the final piece of the puzzle: STATS

The end goal for this "class" could be ~1,200,000 with perfect, completely finished equipment at lvl. 250, and I don't think we would see any balance issues.

The Beginner doesn't have Mastery, it doesn't have skills, and it doesn't have buffs.
Or does it?

As far as individual stats on equipment, it would have to be played with in Tespia without any doubt. I could guess "1,000 attack!" on the (fast) weapon option and "1,500!" on the slow option, but I truly have no concept of what those would function like.

Instead of huge base stats, maybe special scrolls (Tradeable) for Beginner Only equipment from PQ Point shop /or/ the new content?

That concludes our fun story of The Beginner.

As much as this is a meme, I am serious about it as a suggestion.

Would I play it? Noooo.
Would someone else? Yeeess.

I would infinitely prefer an Evan or Battlemage, personally.

More than anything, I was hoping to open dialogue about this intrusive thought I had the other day.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsLaral