Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. Join our discord server to see what everyone's up to. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Aran's Combo Critical Bugged | YunaMS Forum

Aran's Combo Critical Bugged

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
In-game Name: 4thJobSeries
Class: Aran
Level:
Game Resolution (800, 1200, 1600, 1900):
1600? (Sorry, not sure, whatever the default is I didn't change it)

Description of Bug:
Combo Critical works until combos are used, in which case Combo Critical only works under certain conditions. If after using up combos, the combo counter drops below 100, combo critical will still work. If combo is more than 100 after using up combos, combo critical stops working entirely until the combo counter drops below 100 again.

How to Replicate Bug:
Get combo counter over 200, then use Combo Fenrir (uses 100 combo counters) so that combo counter is over 100 after use. Or, get combo counter over 130, then use Combo Drain/Combo Smash (each uses 30 combo counters) so that combo counter is over 100 after use. My guess is the bug could also be replicated by using Combo Barrier/Tempest while over 300 combo to use up 200 combos & still be over 100 after use.

Additional Notes (optional):
Hopefully this next section helps, I think I kind of understand what's happening. So Combo Critical adds a 6% chance at Critical, & 10% critical damage every 10 combos, up to 10 times. So at 100+ combo it's 60% chance of Critical, Crit's do 100% more damage. When a finisher or when combos are used normally combo counter goes to 0, so it's back to 0% crit, 0% damage. In Yuna MS the skills only use up that much combo counter, they don't reset to 0. If combo is used up & it's at 0~99 afterwards it works. Now the first attack never works, always 0% crit chance, whether at combo 10, 20... or 99, the game thinks since a finisher was used it's 0% crit, however when the counter counts back up, the programming works as intended, so for example if you use 100 combo at 130, fall to 30, then start attacking again, when it gets to 40 combo the game understands your combo is going up to 40 so it would give 24% chance crit, 40% crit damage & keep going up until 100. It'll do this if the combo is going back up & hits 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 or 100. However if combo counters are used up & before the next attack the combo counter is already at 100, now the combo counter can no longer work it's way up to 10, or 20, or 30 etc, so it never registers criticals, it saw combo was used up, it reset critical to 0, & it stays at 0 forever (until combo drops below 100 & works it's way up to a multiple of 10).

It's specifically combo critical, not all criticals. If I have Sharp Eyes while training for example, if combo is over 100 after using up combos I will get the 15% critical (though with combo critical it should be a total of 75%, showing combo critical isn't working). I asked ign "Zeki" & they also get same bug (they're 15x Aran).

Essentially Aran using up combos is 60% weaker than intended, as we do 100% less damage 60% of the time than we're suppose to. At Lion Heart Castle for example it would be nice to combo up to a large number, say 500, then use 4 combo fenrir's so that combo stays over 100 keeping combo critical at a maximum. However what happens here is the first Combo Fenrir does full damage, then the last 3 combo fenrir's all do 0% crit dmg, 0% chance crit, then a 5th Fenrir has to be sued to get combo under 100 to get combo critical working again, & there is more reduced DPS while bringing combo up from a low number back to 100. Zeki & I have both found a way to train well enough, but it's not ideal (we both combo to 190ish, then fenrir so it drops to 90, then attack again so that it hits 100 while comboing up which triggers the full combo critical 60% crit chance, 100% extra damage).

Sorry this message is so long, I didn't know a succinct way to explain it.

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Thank you for the thorough report. Will investigate and report back

• Love
Reactions: 4thJobHokage

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Haven't forgotten about this! It's a bit more involved, but rest assured I'm on it. Thanks~

• Love

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
So I'm able to replicate this however I'm not too sure if adjusting the behavior is actually needed.

The reasoning is that, if we were to make it so that the combos over 100 maintained Critical Combo, even after using combos (and while still keeping >100 combos), this would mean that Aran's would perpetually have Critical Combo. This seems a bit broken, especially when we consider training on higher-level maps such as LHC, Stronghold, etc.

By keeping the mechanic as is, it will ensure Aran's are incentivized to reset their combos/use up their combo-based abilities. Otherwise, if we make this change to maintain Combo Critical, then we may need to adjust damages for other skills. We must also keep in mind that Arans received a few significant QoL buffs, such as longer combo durations and combos not fully resetting, only using the exact amount for that skill.

I feel we should keep this mechanic as is, simply so it incentivizes the use of combos rather than just stacking up combos and never needing to reset.

What do you think?

4thJobHokage

Nov 24, 2022
So I'm able to replicate this however I'm not too sure if adjusting the behavior is actually needed.

The reasoning is that, if we were to make it so that the combos over 100 maintained Critical Combo, even after using combos (and while still keeping >100 combos), this would mean that Aran's would perpetually have Critical Combo. This seems a bit broken, especially when we consider training on higher-level maps such as LHC, Stronghold, etc.

By keeping the mechanic as is, it will ensure Aran's are incentivized to reset their combos/use up their combo-based abilities. Otherwise, if we make this change to maintain Combo Critical, then we may need to adjust damages for other skills. We must also keep in mind that Arans received a few significant QoL buffs, such as longer combo durations and combos not fully resetting, only using the exact amount for that skill.

I feel we should keep this mechanic as is, simply so it incentivizes the use of combos rather than just stacking up combos and never needing to reset.

What do you think?

I agree that always having Critical Combo is a bit broken. More-so at Stronghold than at LHC. LHC 160+ can be Tempested which 1-hit mobs anyways, but Future Genesys they are "boss mobs" so Tempest just does damage.

The issue I find is that while the QoL of buffs not resetting is suppose to be nice, in practice it's kinda "meh". If done correctly (use combo fenrir at 190 combo) it's quite nice & don't mind doing it. If at like 500 combo though, if at like 170 combo (random example) your combo drain runs out & you're about to use it, now you're weaker than an Aran at 10 combo as you have no combo critical & if you use up your combo the Fenrir now does way less damage as you're not on combo critical.

I'm fine with keeping it as is, I'd still rather use combos at 170~190 & keep a high combo critical than for the combo to go to 0 entirely, so it's still a nice buff.

I'll probably make a suggestion soon about Tempest/Combo barrier though, the interactions don't work the greatest in my opinion. Like I used to go to 220 combo, fenrir to get to 120, then combo drain to get to 90 if I needed to combo drain, then I get near full combo critical. If I go to 220 now though I would end up using tempest & falling to 20 combo as tempest/fenrir is the same button combination. So if I have a point in Tempest I'd need to Fenrir at 190, drain at 90 to bring me down to 60 & essentially be a tad weaker because I put a point in Tempest. I'm even considering spending NX back & 4th to reset out & into Tempest depending on what I'm doing that day. I also can't drain if I want to at 200+ combo, I need to get combo under 200 or else I'll accidentally Barrier, as Barrier/Drain are the same combo. I'll make a more descriptive post later.

For now, I'm fine with keeping Critical as it is. Thanks for checking it out =)

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
Interesting, I see what you're saying regarding the keystrokes since its the same for multiple skills. Let's definitely have that conversation separate from this. Will move this one for now. Thank you!~!