Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Buccaneer need some love <3 | YunaMS Forum

Buccaneer need some love <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

versace

Reaction score
I just want some care on Buccaneer.

Compare to other Class, with 200 ++ Player based, Bucc only had 6 char that trained to 100Lv.

This had been proof Bucc is a less taken care class and need to be buff.

Yuna, hope you can take a look on the overall class database and determine which class should actually buff.

No offense to other class. I Love NL. But Bucc needs some love

Smiling

Reaction score
I'm just guessing why there's not much Bucc players because
1) melee [people trying out range since they can faceblast mobs]
2) the stigma about animation cancelling with Bucc

Most sweaty players are probably on their Mage trying to farm up + getting a good BoF first. So until those sweaty players make their main then we'll see.

Pirates are usually unpopular for v83.

IMO dyou know if animation cancelling is still a need with all the animation buff? Maybe people didn't read the features/wiki hence they didn't know that majority of Bucc spells have 30%/20% faster animation casting so maaaaaaaaaaybe animation cancelling isn't really need or it's just for a 5-10% extra damage.
Source:
1669464462501.png
- - - - -
It'll be good if you give more concise suggestion like what area should be buffed or which spell by %? etc. Else it's hard for Yuna to really comment on it, or save him/her some time to test out + nothing really to compare against etc.

I mean if people realize Bucc don't really need to animation cancel that might bring more people to try it out although majority are on their Mage/BoF and then the special kids on their NL and then some on the archers since NL/Sair/Archers are refreshing here to be able to melee mobs. Lastly a small number on Warriors/TB/Bucc.
- - - - -
Regarding the "Buff"
What do you propose?
ST seems great, Cleaving seems great and Stance is just icing on the cake.
Downside I'm guessing it's low base speed since its melee? (To match up to range classes, but this means all the melee needs a overhaul... but most Melee have stance so that kinda even out, they have their purposes).

Maybe there's something you see that I don't hence I don't see which area Bucc needs a buff. People not playing Bucc aren't because they're weak.
I mean the best you could argue is giving Bucc lower cooldown on Super Transform?

Attachments

• 1669464192301.png
    1669464192301.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 1

versace

Reaction score
I'm just guessing why there's not much Bucc players because
1) melee [people trying out range since they can faceblast mobs]
2) the stigma about animation cancelling with Bucc

Most sweaty players are probably on their Mage trying to farm up + getting a good BoF first. So until those sweaty players make their main then we'll see.

Pirates are usually unpopular for v83.

IMO dyou know if animation cancelling is still a need with all the animation buff? Maybe people didn't read the features/wiki hence they didn't know that majority of Bucc spells have 30%/20% faster animation casting so maaaaaaaaaaybe animation cancelling isn't really need or it's just for a 5-10% extra damage.
Source:
View attachment 480
- - - - -
It'll be good if you give more concise suggestion like what area should be buffed or which spell by %? etc. Else it's hard for Yuna to really comment on it, or save him/her some time to test out + nothing really to compare against etc.

I mean if people realize Bucc don't really need to animation cancel that might bring more people to try it out although majority are on their Mage/BoF and then the special kids on their NL and then some on the archers since NL/Sair/Archers are refreshing here to be able to melee mobs. Lastly a small number on Warriors/TB/Bucc.
- - - - -
Regarding the "Buff"
What do you propose?
ST seems great, Cleaving seems great and Stance is just icing on the cake.
Downside I'm guessing it's low base speed since its melee? (To match up to range classes, but this means all the melee needs a overhaul... but most Melee have stance so that kinda even out, they have their purposes).

Maybe there's something you see that I don't hence I don't see which area Bucc needs a buff. People not playing Bucc aren't because they're weak.
I mean the best you could argue is giving Bucc lower cooldown on Super Transform?
I would suggest to give the shark skill from TB for Bucc to farm at 3rd job.
Also Super transform need to be "0" cooldown.

I played beta, so by looking at your data it seems find but when you really play it the damage output still bad compare to warrior/TB and we barely deal damage to VL/PB.

Smiling

Reaction score
I would suggest to give the shark skill from TB for Bucc to farm at 3rd job.
Also Super transform need to be "0" cooldown.

I played beta, so by looking at your data it seems find but when you really play it the damage output still bad compare to warrior/TB and we barely deal damage to VL/PB.

That'll probably be too much, TB's more of a cleaver while Bucc is more of a ST (although their mobbing spells got heavily buffed here)

If the super transform being "0" cd or like 5s cooldown (DreamMS), then I'm sure all the numbers would have to be reduced heavily. I'm sure Yuna balanced it being aware of the up-time and hence be able to buff the % numbers so much.

Only Warrior I've seen during Beta is Hero and Hero are basically non-existent in PB though, some bodies they're better off using "Throw Snail Shell".
TB wise.. I don't think in any situation a TB would be able to out dps Bucc at Von Leon, certainly not in this kinda situation but they probably have better equipments or BoF or monster book or mechanics or all.

However If you're saying HT then yeah TB could more than so out-dps Bucc there as they should.

Also, 2 words.

Animation Cancelling.

If you're not doing that, that's easily a huge % damage buff for Buccs. Soooooooo.... yeah.
Try it out, you'll be shock how much dps you do. As for what spells to combo/cancel and in what sequence and in what situation, I guess you need to be nitty gritty to find that out here because Yuna was extremely generous to buff all the casting speed for Bucc spells here so idk, need to nerd it out for that.

versace

Reaction score
That'll probably be too much, TB's more of a cleaver while Bucc is more of a ST (although their mobbing spells got heavily buffed here)

If the super transform being "0" cd or like 5s cooldown (DreamMS), then I'm sure all the numbers would have to be reduced heavily. I'm sure Yuna balanced it being aware of the up-time and hence be able to buff the % numbers so much.

Only Warrior I've seen during Beta is Hero and Hero are basically non-existent in PB though, some bodies they're better off using "Throw Snail Shell".
TB wise.. I don't think in any situation a TB would be able to out dps Bucc at Von Leon, certainly not in this kinda situation but they probably have better equipments or BoF or monster book or mechanics or all.

However If you're saying HT then yeah TB could more than so out-dps Bucc there as they should.

Also, 2 words.

Animation Cancelling.

If you're not doing that, that's easily a huge % damage buff for Buccs. Soooooooo.... yeah.
Try it out, you'll be shock how much dps you do. As for what spells to combo/cancel and in what sequence and in what situation, I guess you need to be nitty gritty to find that out here because Yuna was extremely generous to buff all the casting speed for Bucc spells here so idk, need to nerd it out for that.

But we don't have 5sec super transformation to do it :(

Hicham

Reaction score
I would also like to point out about Critical Punch , I don't know if it's a bug or it's on purpose, but SE is replacing this skill (besides that 5% critical chance is almost a joke ). Another point about the skill, even if you decide that only 5% is enough, is that when it is replaced, the 20% damage bonus is lost, greatly affecting the potential of the Buccaneer.
I would like to suggest at the very least that maybe this buff becomes a passive, even if this one does not take any buffs, just the fact that it becomes a passive would fix the issue related to SE
( if there is any english error it's google translator's fault )

versace

Reaction score
I would also like to point out about Critical Punch , I don't know if it's a bug or it's on purpose, but SE is replacing this skill (besides that 5% critical chance is almost a joke ). Another point about the skill, even if you decide that only 5% is enough, is that when it is replaced, the 20% damage bonus is lost, greatly affecting the potential of the Buccaneer.
I would like to suggest at the very least that maybe this buff becomes a passive, even if this one does not take any buffs, just the fact that it becomes a passive would fix the issue related to SE
( if there is any english error it's google translator's fault )
@yuna I just realise this bug also. SE replaced Critical Punch

Reactions: yuna

Koneko

Reaction score
Hello, I think instead of Critical Punch, we could have a higher mastery skill such as

1670822420569.png

Please take a look guys. Let me know what you think.

Edit: I think crit % and crit damage % should be added to that.

Last edited:

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Community Expert
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
After having collected feedback and data with our current buccaneer state, a few changes are warranted. Please do keep in mind that Buccs are intended to be single-target heavy, while TBs are cleavers. Will update in next patch. Thanks for your patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.