Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Discord Status Update | YunaMS Forum

Discord Status Update

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
UPDATE:
We're back in action!
Please join us in our BRAND SPANKING NEW discord:
https://discord.gg/d7nX4UJEb6

May need to adjust some permissions still but lets get things flowing~
Will announce officially with next patch~

Attention Players,

What happened?
I want to address a recent and unfortunate incident that has impacted our Discord
server. It's embarrassing to admit that as a server owner, I fell victim to a hacking attempt. My
intention was simply to help an old friend who also assisted me during the early days of our
server. Unfortunately, that friend was also hacked, leading to this regrettable situation.

The method they used was to provide a .EXE file related to some Beta version of a game
(Metanayu?). After running this file, the hack executes and closes discords, as well as attaches to
Discord app data, allowing the hacker full control of your Discord account.

It's crucial to note that only Discord is impacted by this breach. All player data remains secure
and untouched, as the impact was localized to my machine and did not affect any of our databases,
code repositories, or hosts.

What did you do after?

Players were immediately notified in-game and on the forum via a header
notice as well as in-game notes, and all moderators were contacted to spread this information to
ensure players are vigilant, to prevent them from being taken advantage of. The hackers will
continue to try to get in contact with all users in the victim's contact list. PLEASE IGNORE THESE
TYPES OF MESSAGES, even from people you know as they may have been impacted.

My personal passwords have been reset, along with the addition of new security measures and
protocols to ensure this NEVER happens again.

I refrained from making an announcement in the forum earlier to avoid aggravating the hackers
further, but given recent developments, I feel it's necessary now to provide an update.

What do I do if I was impacted?
If you were also a victim of this hack, here's the recommendation from Nord/IBM/MalwareBytes:
  1. Reformat your computer (if this is not an option, then at the VERY least re-install discord and
    remove all temporary app data)
  2. AFTER step 1, or on a completely separate machine, reset all important passwords
  3. Enable 2FA/MFA on any/all accounts to ensure you have an additional layer of security
  4. If you have enabled 2FA, make sure that you save the backup codes that the platform provides

If you need assistance with this, please reach out via the forum (direct messages).

What happens now?
Business as usual - minus discord.

I reached out to Discord immediately after the incident, but as of April 14th, I have not received
any response despite escalating the ticket. I follow-up on this ticket every other day, to ensure
its not lost. I will make an announcement in-game and on the forum once I have restored access, so
for the time being you can assume anything coming from my Discord account is NOT me.

We will resume patching in regular cycles soon, and all updates will be communicated
exclusively through in-game announcements and the forum.

All bug reports and feedback should now only be submitted through the forum, not
Discord. All Discord links have been removed from the YMS network for the
time being, to prevent new players from joining into this mess.

NOTE: All links containing yuna.ms are VALID and SAFE, assuming its nothing
obviously incorrect such as blogspot.com/yuna.ms - that's clearly not us.

Final Thoughts

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It's quite embarassing, and
frankly I was in shock for the first few days, but it was a truly expensive lesson learned. Again,
if you need to reach me, please do so directly from the forum, as I am notified immediately through
that channel.

Thank you for your understanding and patience during this time.
We will keep you updated on any further developments.

- Real Yuna ✨

Last edited:

yuna

Admin
Staff Member
Administrator
Developer
Sep 13, 2022
UPDATE:

The hacker has deleted the original YMS discord. This is an opportunity for us as it limits the exposure to new players. The team and I are working on a fresh discord now. Will advise ASAP.