Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
DRK / Overall QOL suggestions | YunaMS Forum

DRK / Overall QOL suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

math29084

Reaction score
Overall suggestions:
  1. Gachapons seems like a gamble right now.. Instead of gachapons being buyable for 800k ea, they should drop at lower rates - would also be an (easier) way for newer players to make some mesos, and potentially a way to gain WS/CS besides bossing and SP.
  2. Quest ring... Now this ring seems utterly useless compared to the amount of time it requires.. Also compared to the PQ ring which ppl slowly gain simply by leveling.. I'd suggest buffing quest rings overall.
  3. This one is kind of a stretch since the monster memories is strong.. But making dojo bosses drop the monster card and potentially nerf the amount of points u gain per boss (in dojo).
  4. Buying a pet for Maple points (donation nx) who doesnt have a certain "pet equip" requires u to buy the universal pet equip which is 10k nx.. This makes no sense at all - i'd suggest making it cheaper -> same price as the cheapest nx pet equip.

Dark Knight suggestions:

Drks recently recieved a buff on the Dragon Blood buff which is okay... Drks is still a pretty bad class compared to other classes in the later stages even with berserk.
I don't know which of these suggestions seems to powerful or if they're even possible.
  1. Buff berserk slighty.
  2. Implement a potion that gives 30% max health - making serk auto potable.
  3. Give drk the skill Dark Impale from v. 101 if possible (single target bossing skill) or buff either Spear crusher / Dragon Fury

Happy Mapling o/
- Dreier

yuna

Admin
Administrator
Developer
Reaction score
IGN
yuna
Discord
.yunz_
Will look into the overall suggestions. As for Dark Knight, they recently received several buffs so I'm not keen on providing even more. Additionally, there is a Peach you can obtain via Miu that will assist Drks with berserk management:
1672946350882.png

math29084

Reaction score
I get ur standpoint on the Drk suggestions - can easilly become too "strong / overbuffed" - Yet Drks are still underperforming late game compared to any other class (also why u dont see a lot of drks), i'm not too sure on what could be better suggestions, but they could use somewhat of a semi re-work i guess, but idk..

I know Peach is decent to get ur "serk", but serking is mostly useful within the 30-60% hp range, where with the current pots u'll lose serk when potting unless u manual pot with Reindeer milk - Obviously Drk is stronger if u can keep track of everything during a boss fight, but maintaining serk while manual potting in fatal bossing situations can become a hassle which is also why i suggested a 30% hp pot.

But we'll see what the future brings, this is purely my standpoint - and untill future notice, ima get pro at manual potting ahaha

jkim000

Reaction score
Changes were made recently, you need to give it some time for people to create new characters.

But regarding point 3, I like the idea of the Dojo dropping boss cards, but at an even more reduced rate AND reducing Boss Card completed sets to only give +1 stats.

Aralaya

Reaction score
AND reducing Boss Card completed sets to only give +1 stats.
yuna would have to lower the stats from mobs then, too, because it wouldnt make sense for completed sets of mobs to give double the stats of bosses

jkim000

Reaction score
Why not? It would be about 20-25 (?) boss cards obtainable through the dojo, and given all those cards are consolidated into one location, they would be relatively easy to acquire compared to the purple and black tab mobs. The stats should be reflective of the ease of acquisition.

This is already on top of dojo being a place all players are going to have to eventually do to get their belts, so they'll naturally get it anyways.

Aralaya

Reaction score
This is already on top of dojo being a place all players are going to have to eventually do to get their belts, so they'll naturally get it anyways.
i disagree with this. i dont think everyones eventually going to do dojo when czak belts exist. (i certainly wont be doing dojo, that shit is boring af) but i still dont think those mobs need to drop cards. it really isn't hard to max out your monster memories. and if you're going for monster book completion then yeah, it gunna be very grind-y and time consuming.

lajunglaforun

Reaction score
Overall suggestions:
  1. Gachapons seems like a gamble right now.. Instead of gachapons being buyable for 800k ea, they should drop at lower rates - would also be an (easier) way for newer players to make some mesos, and potentially a way to gain WS/CS besides bossing and SP.
  2. Quest ring... Now this ring seems utterly useless compared to the amount of time it requires.. Also compared to the PQ ring which ppl slowly gain simply by leveling.. I'd suggest buffing quest rings overall.
  3. This one is kind of a stretch since the monster memories is strong.. But making dojo bosses drop the monster card and potentially nerf the amount of points u gain per boss (in dojo).
  4. Buying a pet for Maple points (donation nx) who doesnt have a certain "pet equip" requires u to buy the universal pet equip which is 10k nx.. This makes no sense at all - i'd suggest making it cheaper -> same price as the cheapest nx pet equip.

Dark Knight suggestions:

Drks recently recieved a buff on the Dragon Blood buff which is okay... Drks is still a pretty bad class compared to other classes in the later stages even with berserk.
I don't know which of these suggestions seems to powerful or if they're even possible.
  1. Buff berserk slighty.
  2. Implement a potion that gives 30% max health - making serk auto potable.
  3. Give drk the skill Dark Impale from v. 101 if possible (single target bossing skill) or buff either Spear crusher / Dragon Fury

Happy Mapling o/
- Dreier
I support this comment, since it is true that a Drk can get out of control, the handling of the "serk" is very annoying in bosses, whether you want it or not its handling is manual, I feel that its impaler is necessary so that it does not fall into his end game

Reactions: math29084

Vivid

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the previous buff towards drk is very minor for their endgame performances. Dragon Blood doesnt stack with power potions like Narcs, apple and gelt, thus the buffing from 30ATT to 70ATT aids only in early game when they are not using any power pots. There's a downside of using Dragon Blood too, which it will kill us when getting 1/1 spell dmg if we have 0 SP in Achilles.

Buffing Dragon Crusher from 200% to 210% only increase their overall dps about 4%..... tho it's still a buff, but I believe it can be done in a more impactful way.
- Increase the att lines of Dragon Crusher from 3 to 4, dmg decrease from 210% to 180%, this will increase our dps by approximately 16% (in terms with SE+SI)
The dmg can be tweaked too depends on how Yuna wants it to be.

Also, I would like to see some QOL during zerking too
- Increase Berserk's HP threshold from 65% to 70% (This will allow us to zerk at <21k HP which gives us more leeway in bossing)
or maybe
- Increase Dark Knight's Achilles damage reduction from 20% to 25%

I'd love to see more love towards Dragon Knight, because atm the amount of effort putting in in zerking doesnt compensate well with their dmg output when compared with DW and HERO who require only to hold down 1 button and play. (not to mention, brandish have faster animation than dragon crusher too) :<

Last edited:

math29084

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, the previous buff towards drk is very minor for their endgame performances. Dragon Blood doesnt stack with power potions like Narcs, apple and gelt, thus the buffing from 30ATT to 70ATT aids only in early game when they are not using any power pots. There's a downside of using Dragon Blood too, which it will kill us when getting 1/1 spell dmg if we have 0 SP in Achilles.

Buffing Dragon Crusher from 200% to 210% only increase their overall dps about 0.04%..... tho it's still a buff, but I believe it can be done in a more impactful way.
- Increase the att lines of Dragon Crusher from 3 to 4, dmg decrease from 210% to 180%, this will increase our dps by approximately 16% (in terms with SE+SI)
The dmg can be tweaked too depends on how Yuna wants it to be.

Also, I would like to see some QOL during zerking too
- Increase Berserk's HP threshold from 65% to 70% (This will allow us to zerk at <21k HP which gives us more leeway in bossing)
or maybe
- Increase Dark Knight's Achilles damage reduction from 20% to 25%

I'd love to see more love towards Dragon Knight, because atm the amount of effort putting in in zerking doesnt compensate well with their dmg output when compared with DW and HERO who require only to hold down 1 button and play. (not to mention, brandish have faster animation than dragon crusher too) :<
I agree with the serk being buffed to 70% - would also allow us to auto pok with Ginseng.. Would be pretty QoL for Drk

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
I get ur standpoint on the Drk suggestions - can easilly become too "strong / overbuffed" - Yet Drks are still underperforming late game compared to any other class (also why u dont see a lot of drks), i'm not too sure on what could be better suggestions, but they could use somewhat of a semi re-work i guess, but idk..

I know Peach is decent to get ur "serk", but serking is mostly useful within the 30-60% hp range, where with the current pots u'll lose serk when potting unless u manual pot with Reindeer milk - Obviously Drk is stronger if u can keep track of everything during a boss fight, but maintaining serk while manual potting in fatal bossing situations can become a hassle which is also why i suggested a 30% hp pot.

But we'll see what the future brings, this is purely my standpoint - and until future notice, ima get pro at manual potting ahaha
What do you mean "where with the current pots you'll lose Zerk when potting unless u manual pot with Reindeer milk"? The current potion to use is the peach as Yuna showed. You don't want to be using Reindeer Milk when the peach is SO much better. It keeps you in Zerk range 100% of the time no? You get hurt you use a peach & you bring your HP to exactly 50%, not a single HP above.

Teamotqm

Reaction score
What do you mean "where with the current pots you'll lose Zerk when potting unless u manual pot with Reindeer milk"? The current potion to use is the peach as Yuna showed. You don't want to be using Reindeer Milk when the peach is SO much better. It keeps you in Zerk range 100% of the time no? You get hurt you use a peach & you bring your HP to exactly 50%, not a single HP above.
you are wrong 4jop.. if it takes you beyond 50%.. the one that you can use sl Serk is something difficult to do.. firstly because you modify the pet, the Pet does not heal you.. you can do the test in VL .. it would also be good to raise the serk a little more up to 20k hp or 21k .. because in some parts you can't Serk .. at least in PB .. you have to use 19k hp + to be able to sustain yourself and with that HP you can't Serk .. however you do it, it depends on an aran aside for the benefit of Combo Barriror... I think I should improve some things about the drk... to make it more playable... and if people are looking for a benefit in a character, the most appropriate would be the drk...It would be good to have another dps apart from the NL, BM, Aran Hero... and that would be the Drk... nobody plays it because it is below everyone... and I think it should be in Top multi dps with the Aran... There are few people who don't know how to use it and more using the Serk in the bosses

lajunglaforun

Reaction score
Hi Yuna, yes they should take into consideration the Drk in at least its % of activation of the Serk since in Boss as PB you can not use it in any way, the body hits a minimum of 21K and to be able to Serk is a max of 18.5k 19k. for obvious reasons it is a ONE SHOT 100% sure!!!!! I only ask to increase the life to be able to Serk normally in a little more advanced bosses.

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
Hi Yuna, yes they should take into consideration the Drk in at least its % of activation of the Serk since in Boss as PB you can not use it in any way, the body hits a minimum of 21K and to be able to Serk is a max of 18.5k 19k. for obvious reasons it is a ONE SHOT 100% sure!!!!! I only ask to increase the life to be able to Serk normally in a little more advanced bosses.
Bring an Aran along to PB for Combo Barrier (reduces damage by 30%) & you're good to go =). I believe there are 4 Arans 199/200+

Teamotqm

Reaction score
Bring an Aran along to PB for Combo Barrier (reduces damage by 30%) & you're good to go =). I believe there are 4 Arans 199/200+
That's a bad 4job option... you can't depend on a job for a boss... with the MEGA BUFF it's more than enough

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
That's a bad 4job option... you can't depend on a job for a boss... with the MEGA BUFF it's more than enough
I disagree, I think it's common in Maple Story to depend on classes for stuff. Classes with critical damage go on a boss run with SE so that they do extra damage. Warrior classes generally prefer to go with someone with SI. A lot of classes like a Bishop in a party for dispel, HS & Ress. A DK is helpful because they have HB, & sure maybe there is 2 bosses in the entire game that they can't Zerk at, but they still help keep other members alive. If the right combination of jobs come together it makes the game more interesting, so I think it's good design that you cannot always use Zerg, but if you for example go with an Aran you can Zerk while in Barrier, or if you go with a Paladin, you can Zerk while the boss is threatened.

Reactions: Aralaya

Teamotqm

Reaction score
I disagree, I think it's common in Maple Story to depend on classes for stuff. Classes with critical damage go on a boss run with SE so that they do extra damage. Warrior classes generally prefer to go with someone with SI. A lot of classes like a Bishop in a party for dispel, HS & Ress. A DK is helpful because they have HB, & sure maybe there is 2 bosses in the entire game that they can't Zerk at, but they still help keep other members alive. If the right combination of jobs come together it makes the game more interesting, so I think it's good design that you cannot always use Zerg, but if you for example go with an Aran you can Zerk while in Barrier, or if you go with a Paladin, you can Zerk while the boss is threatened.
I don't agree with that... the fact that you put together a group of 6 people and you don't have an aran practically doesn't do dps in PB... Each Character gives a Buff but that buff of the aran forces you to have to look for one . .. Even in all the Servers that I have played I have not seen that a DRK Depends on an Aran To be able to Zerk PB .. If you tell me about the Empress I can believe it, and I believe it because it needs more to benefit from the Other jobs. .. but PB is normally 6 people... Imagine that the Drk needs to have YES, SE and to be able to Zerk he needs CB, hahahaha please, the Drk couldn't be more nerfed. Also, the Pot of att is not tied to his att ability... you want to support that character... he's pretty much at the bottom and a Drk should be among the Top and here on this server they only have one Top but on HB MULE and nothing. more than that...

Teamotqm

Reaction score
The Drk Should Be Leveled to the Level of an Aran... for the Logical reasons that this Server Mandatorily needs to Have Drk... (because) the Drk is needed as much for (Cht, PB, Emprest) Boss As those a Pure HB is needed .. That is to say, a player being Drk due to the fact that he is HB.. That we do not have to depend on the Mega buff... because if a person dies, the boss would lose the buff... and what would happen if you did not have a Mega buff to the hand... It would be a fail Sure as we have already seen...I think he is a Warrior... he is the most difficult to play due to the simple fact that he has to lower his life in order to obtain a higher DMG... Right now the Drk is in a moment that nobody wants to play him... The people who play it is because they like the character but not because it is in a good state of play. In my opinion, Drk is Garbage at this moment, it would only be HB Mule...

Status
Not open for further replies.