Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Make CZak/VL/CHT/Maybe Chaos Scarga to weeklies | YunaMS Forum

Make CZak/VL/CHT/Maybe Chaos Scarga to weeklies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry

Reaction score
These bosses should honestly be changed to weeklies, there are way too many bosses in the game at this point its starting to feel like a chore doing like almost every boss daily. Well one might argue, just skip them and so forth. But if I end up skipping them I just feel like I missed too much for the day like spirit points and I just end up forcing myself to run them pretty sure i'm not the only one that feels this way. Considering how much bosses there are in the game I don't think there is too much loss in making these chaos bosses and harder bosses to weekly runs and it alleviates a lot of toll its taking on people that feel the need to run it every day so they don't fall too far behind the people that runs these every single day over. Would love a discussion on this honestly I feel like this would be a good change maybe it might just be me though.

Henry

Reaction score
Honestly might not even be opposed to making all bosses weeklies, leaving pqs daily or lowering the entry count of bosses. But I believe best case would be making these more challenging bosses to weeklies.

Reactions: 4thJobHokage

tea

Reaction score
Hard no. What about all the folks who have been running the high level bosses daily and have gotten their helmets/pendants/books/etc. already? Seems so unfair to make this change just because.. some people don’t want to run all their bosses daily? I personally might do 1 or 2 bosses a day because I’m busy with work and other obligations, watch my friends get ahead, but have never considered limiting it for others because I’m “behind”. Let the folks who want to do their bosses daily do them and don’t do them if you don’t want to.

If this change does get implemented I hope there will be some consideration for the folks who haven’t had a chance to take advantage of doing the higher level bosses frequently/at all.

Aralaya

Reaction score
im against changing it as well. there's always going to be people with more time to spare than you and if they wanna spend that time grinding bosses every day, thats on them. if you feel like you're being left behind then thats on you. im sure the people you're feeling left behind would still be willing to boss or party train with you. sure maybe your levels arent close, or matching, anymore; maybe you wont get to 250 at the same time, its alright. just have fun and do what you want. its an mmo, there's gunna be some things that you or others dont get around to every day or week.

the game isn't gunna change for anyone, imo, if other people are grinding harder than them. i say keep the bosses how they are unless the markets get flooded with end game equips or something similarly beneficial/detrimental happens that give others too much of an advantage over others in some way.

Reactions: Gael

Henry

Reaction score
im against changing it as well. there's always going to be people with more time to spare than you and if they wanna spend that time grinding bosses every day, thats on them. if you feel like you're being left behind then thats on you. im sure the people you're feeling left behind would still be willing to boss or party train with you. sure maybe your levels arent close, or matching, anymore; maybe you wont get to 250 at the same time, its alright. just have fun and do what you want. its an mmo, there's gunna be some things that you or others dont get around to every day or week.

the game isn't gunna change for anyone, imo, if other people are grinding harder than them. i say keep the bosses how they are unless the markets get flooded with end game equips or something similarly beneficial/detrimental happens that give others too much of an advantage over others in some way.
I understand your point but I don’t think people “want” to spend their spare time grinding daily bosses. It’s like an obligation to keep up with the leaderboard where at this point you have people that run daily bosses on rinse and repeat till they get burnt out and eventually quit.

Henry

Reaction score
Hard no. What about all the folks who have been running the high level bosses daily and have gotten their helmets/pendants/books/etc. already? Seems so unfair to make this change just because.. some people don’t want to run all their bosses daily? I personally might do 1 or 2 bosses a day because I’m busy with work and other obligations, watch my friends get ahead, but have never considered limiting it for others because I’m “behind”. Let the folks who want to do their bosses daily do them and don’t do them if you don’t want to.

If this change does get implemented I hope there will be some consideration for the folks who haven’t had a chance to take advantage of doing the higher level bosses frequently/at all.
It’s not that some people doesn’t want to run their bosses daily, it’s the fact that there is “too much” bosses that can be run daily. There is still a multitude of bosses that need to be run daily regardless of the fact once we limit the more end game bosses to weekly. But yes I do agree that the people that have ran these endgame bosses daily have a advantage but it’s like the same situation as the people who leveled to 160 very quick and grinded at pigs and got a big advantage over others in level from the exp bug until the patch fix came through. So their will always be people that have more advantages in the game, just trying to find a solution that won’t lead to people that feel an obligation to keep up with the leaderboards that run bosses daily nonstop till they get burnt out and quit.

Last edited:

Aralaya

Reaction score
I understand your point but I don’t think people “want” to spend their spare time grinding daily bosses. It’s like an obligation to keep up with the leaderboard where at this point you have people that run daily bosses on rinse and repeat till they get burnt out and eventually quit.
you could try not worrying about the leaderboards, i dont feel obligated to do bosses or get married for apq, recruit for my guild for gpq, etc and im having a really great time.
if its a goal of yours to be one of the tops, i could understand a bit more but if that's the case you gotta put in the work to keep up with the sprint. dont try to make there be less game to play unless it starts ruining the in game economy.

tis my opinion

Reactions: tea

zhong222

Reaction score
Problem is all the progression is locked behind bosses, theres no other way to gain chaos/ws. The game pretty much forces you to boss.

Henry

Reaction score
you could try not worrying about the leaderboards, i dont feel obligated to do bosses or get married for apq, recruit for my guild for gpq, etc and im having a really great time.
if its a goal of yours to be one of the tops, i could understand a bit more but if that's the case you gotta put in the work to keep up with the sprint. dont try to make there be less game to play unless it starts ruining the in game economy.

tis my opinion
This change honestly wouldn't affect casual players too much more than it affects hardcore players. Regardless in terms of leaderboards you will not be able to beat mages in this aspect. Also yes you don't feel obligated to do bosses because you are not a hardcore player that feels the need to do this everyday like some people are. Yes, we have to put in the work but if you want hardcore players that burn out quickly and end up quitting the server leaving the server dead that is not a solution. We need both casual and hardcore players to keep the server and economy alive. A weekly change would be beneficial for players that really like the grind to not burn out very quickly and end up quitting, and this only affects the more endgame chaos bosses. If you don't do these bosses on the daily you wouldn't understand. This also would be more beneficial for casual player base more than anything and help at least alleviate the toll its taking on the hardcore player base.

Last edited:

Henry

Reaction score
Problem is all the progression is locked behind bosses, theres no other way to gain chaos/ws. The game pretty much forces you to boss.
Yes it is but CWK has chances for WS and CS as well and either way as I've stated there are too many bosses I just think the more end game bosses are so time consuming that it really takes a toll on people that run them daily like me. Regardless of this change, I still think it will still take a while to run all of the bosses.

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on this, but I think I ultimately agree. On the one hand people who want to boss more can go do that & get ahead, while people who have less time or don't want to boss more will fall behind & that's fine (I myself am feeling burnt out from bossing so I'm just accepting I'm going to start falling down in the rankings in the near future, but whatever). Also to this point, player's will feel it's unfair that some players got the benefits of doing all of these bosses 2x/day.

One the other hand, the playing experience in my opinion is worse than it could be, due to so much bossing. It gets gradually more hectic, & once players are 180+, the top top players that want to be #1, this is what a typical "ideal" day would look like: 2x Chaos Horntail, 2x Horntail, 2x Von Leon, 2x The Boss, 2x Toad, 2x Wulin, 2x CZAK, 2x ZAK, 2x Chaos Scarga, 2x Krex, 2x CWKPQ, 4x APQ, 4x GPQ, 2x Balrog? (idk haven't done it or heard of ppl doing it), 2x MVPQ. Tbh only Scarga/Chaos Pap/Pap feel like you're not falling behind by not doing them as they're low in spirit points & Scarga exp worse than say Krex. As far as I know high level people don't grind almost at all other than Mages, because there is basically unlimited bosses available, & with how bossing EXP scales, bossing is just better EXP. I can Tempest train at LHC which is faster than training most non-mage classes can do, however every level up I get that will of course get me less %/Hour while training (which is natural), but bosses Expedition bonus keeps increasing as I level so it's come to a point where it's a better use of time to do the "mid-level" bosses than to grind at the best possible location, & at a certain level even the "low-level" bosses will surpass grinding as the EXP they give will increase as I get higher.

Bosses get the most %/Hour, & they also get the best drops, there just isn't much value in doing other things. The big advantage I see with Henry's suggestion is that players will actually be doing a variety of things if bossing is limited. If the top players only do 5 bosses/day instead of 10~14 the separating factor between the top places will be grinding, so there will actually be Future Henesys/Twilight Perion grinding parties. I've found some interesting maps at those locations, but it would be a waste of anyone's time to come party with me as bossing is just better in every way.

As another note, bossing too much ruins supply & demand. Once a Mastery Book is passed, that's it. If 5~6 different sets of 6-man parties are running HT 2x/day, then Blizzard 30 for example will drop around twice/day on the server, once CHT becomes more common maybe closer to 3~4 books/day. Unless 1~2 players daily are becoming an I/L Archmage the supply/demand is just off & eventually the books become just throw always.

I think once a week is too extreme for all of these bosses, but the harder/higher level a boss is, maybe the less it should be runnable? I'm thinking something like:

Chaos Horntail: Once every 3 days (3rd to strongest boss, has amazing Pendant drop & needed for some of the better Sweetwater gear)
Von Leon: Once every 2 or 3days (Insane EXP, also needed for Sweetwater gear, too "leechable" (some level ppl just go afk >>>> hit boss like once or twice to get expedition EXP that feels closer to a 12x EXP server than to 3x))
Chaos Zakum: Once a day or once every 2 days (Needed for the more "meh" sweetwater gear, but sweetwater gear imo should still be rare/WOW lol)
MVPQ: Once a day or once every 2 days (It drops SCGs, feels weird for SCGs just to become a common "whatever" item)

Tbh even just these suggestions don't feel like enough, that's still a lot to do, but it's more manageable. Maybe I'll make my own post about expedition bossing percentages increasing w/ level, but it feels to me like at level 160+ there shouldn't be so much incentive to nZak/Scarga/Krex because you're "past" that part of the game, but with exp scaling it's still better to Zak (level 140 boss) at even level 190 than it is to go to Twilight Perion & grind, so it seems off. Level 180+ I feel players should be in a position where Horntail/CZak/CScarga/Wulin are now "meh" so that a typical day for say a 180~200 players is more like:

2x CWKPQ, 2x Toad, 2x TheBoss, maybe 4x APQ, maybe 4x GPQ, maybe 1x MVPQ that's it. Certain days Von Leon, certain days Chaos Horntail. Regular HT/CZAK should be obsolete enough by that level that a player would rather grind at Future Perion in a party than do the "middle level" bosses. I'm not sure exactly what changes I'm suggestions, I'm not good at being concise, lol.

Long story short, I agree with henry, though I disagree with changing those to just once a week, once a week is too seldom. Once a week for Empress/Pink Bean makes sense. Other bosses I think could be gradually less frequent than once a week starting at the top, then eventually allow 2/day on the "whatever" bosses.

Reactions: Henry

Henry

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings on this, but I think I ultimately agree. On the one hand people who want to boss more can go do that & get ahead, while people who have less time or don't want to boss more will fall behind & that's fine (I myself am feeling burnt out from bossing so I'm just accepting I'm going to start falling down in the rankings in the near future, but whatever). Also to this point, player's will feel it's unfair that some players got the benefits of doing all of these bosses 2x/day.

One the other hand, the playing experience in my opinion is worse than it could be, due to so much bossing. It gets gradually more hectic, & once players are 180+, the top top players that want to be #1, this is what a typical "ideal" day would look like: 2x Chaos Horntail, 2x Horntail, 2x Von Leon, 2x The Boss, 2x Toad, 2x Wulin, 2x CZAK, 2x ZAK, 2x Chaos Scarga, 2x Krex, 2x CWKPQ, 4x APQ, 4x GPQ, 2x Balrog? (idk haven't done it or heard of ppl doing it), 2x MVPQ. Tbh only Scarga/Chaos Pap/Pap feel like you're not falling behind by not doing them as they're low in spirit points & Scarga exp worse than say Krex. As far as I know high level people don't grind almost at all other than Mages, because there is basically unlimited bosses available, & with how bossing EXP scales, bossing is just better EXP. I can Tempest train at LHC which is faster than training most non-mage classes can do, however every level up I get that will of course get me less %/Hour while training (which is natural), but bosses Expedition bonus keeps increasing as I level so it's come to a point where it's a better use of time to do the "mid-level" bosses than to grind at the best possible location, & at a certain level even the "low-level" bosses will surpass grinding as the EXP they give will increase as I get higher.

Bosses get the most %/Hour, & they also get the best drops, there just isn't much value in doing other things. The big advantage I see with Henry's suggestion is that players will actually be doing a variety of things if bossing is limited. If the top players only do 5 bosses/day instead of 10~14 the separating factor between the top places will be grinding, so there will actually be Future Henesys/Twilight Perion grinding parties. I've found some interesting maps at those locations, but it would be a waste of anyone's time to come party with me as bossing is just better in every way.

As another note, bossing too much ruins supply & demand. Once a Mastery Book is passed, that's it. If 5~6 different sets of 6-man parties are running HT 2x/day, then Blizzard 30 for example will drop around twice/day on the server, once CHT becomes more common maybe closer to 3~4 books/day. Unless 1~2 players daily are becoming an I/L Archmage the supply/demand is just off & eventually the books become just throw always.

I think once a week is too extreme for all of these bosses, but the harder/higher level a boss is, maybe the less it should be runnable? I'm thinking something like:

Chaos Horntail: Once every 3 days (3rd to strongest boss, has amazing Pendant drop & needed for some of the better Sweetwater gear)
Von Leon: Once every 2 or 3days (Insane EXP, also needed for Sweetwater gear, too "leechable" (some level ppl just go afk >>>> hit boss like once or twice to get expedition EXP that feels closer to a 12x EXP server than to 3x))
Chaos Zakum: Once a day or once every 2 days (Needed for the more "meh" sweetwater gear, but sweetwater gear imo should still be rare/WOW lol)
MVPQ: Once a day or once every 2 days (It drops SCGs, feels weird for SCGs just to become a common "whatever" item)

Tbh even just these suggestions don't feel like enough, that's still a lot to do, but it's more manageable. Maybe I'll make my own post about expedition bossing percentages increasing w/ level, but it feels to me like at level 160+ there shouldn't be so much incentive to nZak/Scarga/Krex because you're "past" that part of the game, but with exp scaling it's still better to Zak (level 140 boss) at even level 190 than it is to go to Twilight Perion & grind, so it seems off. Level 180+ I feel players should be in a position where Horntail/CZak/CScarga/Wulin are now "meh" so that a typical day for say a 180~200 players is more like:

2x CWKPQ, 2x Toad, 2x TheBoss, maybe 4x APQ, maybe 4x GPQ, maybe 1x MVPQ that's it. Certain days Von Leon, certain days Chaos Horntail. Regular HT/CZAK should be obsolete enough by that level that a player would rather grind at Future Perion in a party than do the "middle level" bosses. I'm not sure exactly what changes I'm suggestions, I'm not good at being concise, lol.

Long story short, I agree with henry, though I disagree with changing those to just once a week, once a week is too seldom. Once a week for Empress/Pink Bean makes sense. Other bosses I think could be gradually less frequent than once a week starting at the top, then eventually allow 2/day on the "whatever" bosses.
I didn't mean once a weekly but most of these bosses have 2 runs so making them like weekly would be like around once every 3-4 days? Yes I also agree with the supply and demand some books are literally useless on the market at the moment because no one needs them. It is not manageable and will probably end with me quitting once I fully burn myself out running bosses at least 8 hours everyday. This just limits my gameplay to bossing the whole day and no time to spend doing other variety of things. Like helping beginners in pqs, playing some on alts, relaxing and chatting. My daily maple life right now is basically CZak (hate this boss), HT, CScarga, VL, and APQ on reset if I have time. Then next day would be CWKPQ, other bosses or whichever people has left. Like I can skip this alright that's a choice but I am very competitive as a bunch of people are and feel the need to do this to keep up in levels which will lead to people burning out on the game and quitting. And as I have stated we need both casual and hardcore players to stay in the game to keep it alive but because there are way too many bosses that people have to run, they will end up burning out and quitting quick. But this post mainly concerns us that run these bosses every single day back and back and back without rest because i'm very competitive keeping up in levels somehow.

Last edited:

4thJobHokage

Reaction score
I didn't mean once a weekly but most of these bosses have 2 runs so making them like weekly would be like around once every 3-4 days? Yes I also agree with the supply and demand some books are literally useless on the market at the moment because no one needs them. It is not manageable and will probably end with me quitting once I fully burn myself out running bosses at least 8 hours everyday. This just limits my gameplay to bossing the whole day and no time to spend doing other variety of things. Like helping beginners in pqs, playing some on alts, relaxing and chatting. My daily maple life right now is basically CZak (hate this boss), HT, CScarga, VL, and APQ on reset if I have time. Then next day would be CWKPQ, other bosses or whichever people has left. Like I can skip this alright that's a choice but I am very competitive as a bunch of people are and feel the need to do this to keep up in levels which just will lead to people burning out on the game and quitting. And as I have stated we need both casual and hardcore players to stay in the game to keep it alive but because there are way too many bosses that people have to run, they will end up burning out and quitting quick. But this post mainly concerns us that run these bosses every single day back and back and back without rest because i'm very competitive keeping up in levels somehow.
Oh I see, so 2x/week? I agree with that for CHT/VL for sure. CZAK/CScarga I think could be done a tad more, but I wouldn't mind 2x/week either. I also feel like there is no "point" spending time on my blessing of fairy mule or grinding or PQs much because bossing is just too good, that if I've done say 5 bosses that day, it's a better use of my time EXP/meso wise to just do 3 more bosses instead of doing anything else.

On the other hand though, for the server to be strong enough to Empress with the current amount of players online, the more points for Chaos/WS people get the more realistic it is. Overall I agree though, running every boss 2x/day & that being all you do everyday is exhausting & I'm already feeling the experience of playing the game is worse the higher level I get, due to just doing the same thing everyday.

Reactions: Henry

tea

Reaction score
I understand that people don't "want" to do all their bosses daily in the sense that they desire the actual activity (versus the reward) - but nobody has to. People who chase the leaderboards will always get burnt out one way or another. I understand that your daily maple gameplay consists of bossing and bossing and more bossing, but I would say that's not the case for most folks.

Having spoken to others I do understand that it feels like there is too much to do and all of which takes a long time to do in its entirety. However, my concerns with making the higher level bosses weekly/every 3 days/etc. are that 1) it will be so hard for folks who don't have a static squad to find boss runs, and 2) people only beginning to chaos horntail, chaos zakum, etc. will be so disadvantaged with drops, acquiring spirit points, etc. Again, I hope there will be some sort of consideration for the latter folks if this gets implemented in some way.

Henry

Reaction score
I understand that people don't "want" to do all their bosses daily in the sense that they desire the actual activity (versus the reward) - but nobody has to. People who chase the leaderboards will always get burnt out one way or another. I understand that your daily maple gameplay consists of bossing and bossing and more bossing, but I would say that's not the case for most folks.

Having spoken to others I do understand that it feels like there is too much to do and all of which takes a long time to do in its entirety. However, my concerns with making the higher level bosses weekly/every 3 days/etc. are that 1) it will be so hard for folks who don't have a static squad to find boss runs, and 2) people only beginning to chaos horntail, chaos zakum, etc. will be so disadvantaged with drops, acquiring spirit points, etc. Again, I hope there will be some sort of consideration for the latter folks if this gets implemented in some way.
Nobody has to do any of the bosses but if you are a casual player you will not understand how we feel as hardcore grinders the need for progression. You guys need hardcore players to keep interest in the server just as much as we need you casual players to keep the server alive. If you want us to burn out grinding bosses quick, that's your choice it makes the server much harder to have active members.

1) Not everyone on the server has a static squad that's bossing it's not that crazy. I see smegas of people recruiting for bosses often on the server. And if a group has a static already why would that affect others finding a group? I don't understand, regardless folks that want to run wouldn't be able to join already set statics in the first place.

2) For people that just started running chaos zakum and chaos horntail, aren't you already at a disadvantage since you just reached the boss? I believe there is just 1-2 squads that can run CHT at the moment and the drops that drop from these bosses are already littered on the market. The only books that hold much value from these endgame bosses at the moment would be MW20, Genesis, and Triple Throw. Because of how often these bosses are ran and the frequency you can run them every day, a lot of the 30 books like blizzard/meteor/etc are thrown away because there is not enough demand for them. You argue that you lose "spirit points", but if you are casual there is much more other bosses you can obtain spirit points from not just the endgame bosses that you are implying that you are very disadvantaged by. Even CZhelms that drop from CZak I don't believe anyone would want to drop 100M + Price just to make that 1 helmet tradeable because the demand is not there for the market. Most of the endgame drops that drop from these "daily" endgame bosses are not even able to be sold because people don't deem spending 100m for these items worth. Casual players will not be disadvantaged by this because they will not run this daily. The time consumption is just too heavy for it to be worth running.

MeerkatMiles

Reaction score
+1 to Chaos bosses and VL having a 3 day cooldown and (slightly) buff their SP to compensate.

If what players say is true about the EXP, I'd buff training and nerf boss EXP to make training competitive as well. Future Perion is one of the attractions of this server for me, and I'd be kinda bummed if it turns out to suck compared to bossing.

chinny

Reaction score
I agree to reduce the limit run for Chaos Horntail and Chaos Zakum, by increasing SP gained.
Instead of having a 3 day cooldown. I would suggest to limit the run above from twice a day to once a day.
I believe changing into once a day would bring a minimum impact for all the players.

Von Leon is a great progression for players due to its decent EXP. I suggest not to change anything for Von Leon and other bosses. Players should spend more effort to attempt Von Leon and other bosses twice a day to benefit the decent EXP and drops so that they are able to progress further.

Last edited:

Code

Reaction score
Not agreed , if theres 2 run daily. You can choose to just have only 1 runs and take a rest . There’s no one there to forcing you to having 2 runs with the squad to gather . It’s isn’t fair to the new players as well . Besides that , grinding 2 bosses giving benefits to the new players to get some cheap items to make up their damages so they they can even continue to play and grind for SW items and chaos/white scrolls . People spend their time to grind so they will get back the effort they put in .If you mean skillbook are flooded , MW and COC drop rates are only 10% theres fair for the players that grind and splitting . If you said CHT wasn’t fair . As my experience , even you do cht daily it doesn’t affect the game or even you have full sw gears with all perfected scrolling with 15% is hardly downing PB in 45 Minutes , For Cygnus queen , 6 Man full items can’t even down until yuna changed it . A gently reminder , making a end game tiers item with max stats aren’t easy in beta , for now is way more harder as CS WS are limited . Would like to hear more opinion on it

Status
Not open for further replies.