Welcome to the YunaMS forum! Click here to check out the announcements category for important information regarding features, patch notes, and other critical updates. See what everyone's up to by joining our discord channel. Remember to vote for free daily NX! Enjoy~
Please buff Shining Ray | YunaMS Forum

Please buff Shining Ray

Aura

Reaction score
I have noticed that, Shining Ray is somewhat of a weak skill, especially when you compare it to the other 3rd Job Mage cleaves, namely Ice Strike and Explosion, both of which have a basic attack of 175, while Shining Ray only has a basic attack of 160.
After taking into account Element Amplification, both F/P and I/L Mages roughly double Priest's damage in terms of multi-target hitting 3rd Job skills.
Considering the fact that Bishop is the only mage which does not have a short cast time multi-target skill at 4th Job, like Fire Demon or Chain lightning, it make sense for Priest to have a slightly stronger 3rd Job AOE skill.
Therefore, I suggest increasing Shining Ray's damage to be closer to Ice Strike and Explosion, maybe 175 or even 180 basic attack.
Shining Ray will still be much weaker than Ice Strike and Explosion, because of how overpowered Element Amplification is, but at least it would be comparable to the other 3rd Job Mage skills.
This will give Bishops some multi-target DPS capability, similar to, but not better than, a 3rd Job Mage.
Fire Demon and Chain Lightning will still be the undisputed king of multi-target magic DPS. Please, give us Bishops something to work with, so we can hunt efficiently as well; increase Shining Ray's basic attack to 180.
Sincerely,
A grateful and hopeful Bishop.

Reactions: Aralaya

Aralaya

Reaction score
i second this, its kidna rough bein a priest

Henry

Reaction score
I believe the other 2 mage classes 3rd job skills should get a nerf. I don’t think you guys have seen how weak some other classes 3rd job skills are. Priests are still able to do viable damage to grind at skeles just fine unlike some others. Basically after the huge changes buff you guys got to bishop especially with the elemental staff buff the class is insanely viable.

Beta

Reaction score
I'm in favour of buffing priests shining ray skill, currently the other mage classes (at level ~100) can easily hit 10k ea cast with their aoe skills and priest is barely hitting 5k's

Aura

Reaction score
OMG! Thank you for the fast reply and implementation of my suggestion! I'm really liking this server so far! <3

• Love
Reactions: yuna